Heritage Owners Club

It's odd to think, but i'll probably end up letting the 575 go....

barrymclark

Yes, the two-toned one. It's lovely, it's awesome....but I am coming to the end of the road with my time on hollows. Don't fret though (should you be given to fretting over such things) as the funds gotten would be turned right around to a custom build which this hollow as well as the Eagle helped inspire. It's odd to think about where inspiration comes from and where everything leads you. It is very strange to think of letting the 575 or Eagle go but I am also excited. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, Barry, I never thought I'd see the day.... You were over the moon over that 575, and rightly so! Anyway, I wish you the best on your sonic journey, and, yeah, quit leaving us in suspense!! :laughing7:

Wow, Barry, I never thought I'd see the day.... You were over the moon over that 575, and rightly so! Anyway, I wish you the best on your sonic journey, and, yeah, quit leaving us in suspense!! :laughing7:

Well, I still think it is just the bees knees with regards to hollows. The problem with it is, I rather enjoy changing styles rapidly. The 575 does a number of things well but as soon as the high gain kicks in, it is howl city...understandably so.

So, taking what all I have picked up on my time on hollows, I am going back to solids exclusively.

It will be a 150 with virtually the exact same aesthetics scheme that my 575 has. In fact, it will also have the same electronics.

Where it will differ from the 575 is it will be long scale as I have been playing 25.5" scales lately and that is what I grew up playing. So... it fits like an old shoe. Love it. The neck thickness will like that of the older Ibanez RG series because..again...old shoe.

Ebony fretboard. No inlays. Single bound. Logo inlay on headstock.

It took me a long time and a lot of guitars to piece together exactly what I want.

Well, I still think it is just the bees knees with regards to hollows. The problem with it is, I rather enjoy changing styles rapidly. The 575 does a number of things well but as soon as the high gain kicks in, it is howl city...understandably so.

So, taking what all I have picked up on my time on hollows, I am going back to solids exclusively.

It will be a 150 with virtually the exact same aesthetics scheme that my 575 has. In fact, it will also have the same electronics.

Where it will differ from the 575 is it will be long scale as I have been playing 25.5" scales lately and that is what I grew up playing. So... it fits like an old shoe. Love it. The neck thickness will like that of the older Ibanez RG series because..again...old shoe.

Ebony fretboard. No inlays. Single bound. Logo inlay on headstock.

It took me a long time and a lot of guitars to piece together exactly what I want.

Great Specs Barry!!

It's fun seeing these builds grow from inception....I can totally identify with the primal urge to go full circle! I went full hollow on my Prospect trying to get back a little bit of the acoustic feel I cut my teeth on.

Interesting specs.

As I read your list, I immediately thought of a Millennium or Millennium Pro.

Are you considering a weight relived body or solid-solid?

At the moment, I am thinking solid-solid. I am still deciding on that one though.

You should do that!

And keep the 575

And buy a 357! That's what I'd do!

Believe me, I've thought about it. I may just let the Eagle go right now and think a little longer on the 575. However, the problem is the feedback at high gain.

Barry, that's just weird.

I like it!

:D

Interesting specs.

As I read your list, I immediately thought of a Millennium or Millennium Pro.

Are you considering a weight relived body or solid-solid?

At the moment, I am thinking solid-solid. I am still deciding on that one though.

Eep! I somehow read that wrong. I am going for weight relieved. I've found no added value for me to have the full-on solid.

Just my .02.... I am not sure you would like the sound of a long scale 150. PRS took a lot of flack for making the 245 (24.5") to get his single cut to sound like a LP. I don't think a 150 at 25.5" will sound like a good LP/150.

Just my opinion, do with it as you want.

It does change things slightly....Gibson just announced they are coming out with this design(scale...not with Ebony and p'ups are mentioned here), and Larrivee's take on this style guitar is only available 25.5 (Tulk and I both own "Jr" versions)

Less bendy, more snappy. Better? Worse? subjective. Definitely different.

http://www.guitarsite.com/news/electric_guitar/gibson-custom-shop-les-paul-long-scale/

Just my .02.... I am not sure you would like the sound of a long scale 150. PRS took a lot of flack for making the 245 (24.5") to get his single cut to sound like a LP. I don't think a 150 at 25.5" will sound like a good LP/150.

Just my opinion, do with it as you want.

Here's the thing... I rather like the sound of 25.5" scales... but REALLY like the feel of one on a flatter fretboard and a thin neck. To be honest, I'd be just fine with a standard 24.75" but the feel of the longer scale is what I am after.... that and there is a bit of clarity on the longer scale that I like. Sometimes I like the mush... sometimes I like crystal. :)

I am not so much looking for a good ol' 150 as I am guitar for me. I like the feel of the Paul/150 body. I like the feel of the Ibanez RG type neck. I like the sound of the Seths. I figured... throw them all in one guitar. :D

It does change things slightly....Gibson just announced they are coming out with this design(scale...not with Ebony and p'ups are mentioned here), and Larrivee's take on this style guitar is only available 25.5 (Tulk and I both own "Jr" versions)

Less bendy, more snappy. Better? Worse? subjective. Definitely different.

http://www.guitarsite.com/news/electric_guitar/gibson-custom-shop-les-paul-long-scale/

:D

Barry, put the 575 back in the case, and wait... In a year if you still do not play her, then sell

Absolutely!!!! If sell the 575 you will regreat it in less than 3 months.

Another option is to buy a nice used 150, skip the custom order, and save $1k over a custom order. Buy a used thin neck 150 with the 12" radius it is

very flat. Best of both worlds.

Also a long scale 150 may be hard to sell down the road. Just trying to help, but ultimately it is your decision.

Barry, put the 575 back in the case, and wait... In a year if you still do not play her, then sell

Another option is to buy a nice used 150, skip the custom order, and save $1k over a custom order. Buy a used thin neck 150 with the 12" radius it is

Also a long scale 150 may be hard to sell down the road. Just trying to help, but ultimately it is your decision.

I know this is blasphemy, but if I were you I'd look into a G&L. It's got the scale you want, it comes with your choice in necks, and is a solid body. These are very well made instruments that are reasonably priced.

I personally am a major fan of the Z-coils and the PTB electronics. These were Leo Fender's last gift to humanity.

COMSH_NATASH_RW_CGN_3PWHT-600.jpg

They will do custom orders also. Here's mine with an ebony board, gold hardware and a wild finish.

P1010011.jpg

1.jpg

It isn't that this is blasphemy but Heritage is a family company. ;) G&L makes fine, fine guitars. No question. The problem with the hollowbodies (the ones I have) is they absolutely cannot do the higher gain at anything approaching even higher bedroom levels. Doug's Plugs help but when I get into hardcore metal territory, forget about it.

A solid can do what the hollow does for my needs. Do they sound the same? Absolutely not and there is something to be said for the nice thump and quick decay of a hollow. But the hollow, for my needs, go much further into typical hollow territory than the other way around....easily.

I'm not too worried about resale. I never am. :)

The Eagle is likely to be the first of the hollows on the block though. Fine guitar. Wonderful for what it does but it's only useful when I'm not in a high gain or high volume mood.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I hear you. Truly I do. I've actually only regretted selling one guitar. It was the one my parents bought me. To be sure, I probably wouldn't play it much today as I can't stand trems and Floyds more than most. From there, no regrets. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Go for the gusto...keep what you have until it arrives...then sell them. Notice...I don't take my own advice!

Actually, there's something I didn't take into account in my specs. I will probably stick with the shorter scale for the added tension of 11 ga flats. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It's a big deal to put a long scale neck on a H150. The bridge and tailpiece placement would need to be moved.

Archived