Heritage Owners Club

Roland to start the Blues Cube line again

Auto correct housed my subject line. Can't correct it from my phone. Supposed to be 'line' instead of 'lounge'.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1327/478

Two models: Stage and Artist. The Artist is the fully loaded 80w version. The Stage is 60w and has just a couple less bells and whistles.

The demos sound promising. I've honestly been hoping for something like this to come around. Now if they'd just get on to making the Jazz Cube.....

Now if they'd just get on to making the Jazz Cube.....

But, I thought ALL cubes were Jazz Cubes... :icon_scratch:

I'd love to hear the Blues Cube, but my Deluxe Reverb covers that ground for me. I still happily plug my Eagle Classic into the Cube 60.

Sweetwater has them available for pre-order. They're definitely not cheap though, $699 for the 60w and $899 for the 80w. OUCH!!!!

This price seems way too high IMHO.

Yeah. It would seem so, but we haven't seen the product yet either. It is clear though that this isn't just the Regular Cube stripped of its amp modeling aspects. This appears to be a GA series reboot of sorts. With the colossal failure that was, I think they reapplied the tech to series that is still sought after and dropped the price a few hundred USD. it might still be too high for the market but I'm still very interested in hearing it. I wanted to hear the GA series but no one had any in stock. I completely understand why. No point in stocking your floor with an amp that has no demand at a price that is same as their legendary amp...which you also don't stock your floor with. I think Roland's hope is by dropping the price a little they can attach it to a wanted series and put the GA series behind them. We shall see. The problem they will have is, people that see non tube amps as inferior (major part of the market) will then say, "I can buy a Princeton Reverb or a Deluxe Reverb for about that price."

....and the Blues Cube collects dust.

"I can buy a Princeton Reverb or a Deluxe Reverb for about that price."....and the Blues Cube collects dust.

Or get a used mesa 5:25, or ta30 and so on

Yeah. ... if I went that route again, I'd be the Express Plus 5:25. The highs and mids were incredible on the standard but I didn't like the lows. Maybe the EQ could help there. The Princeton is awesome. Same with the Deluxe Reverb. Honestly, though, for this kind of money, I'd really like to play on a Mambo. The reviews and demos are something.

Now that I am getting a little more info on it, this isn't just a Cube. Not sure if calling it Cube (even with the Blues in front of it) will hurt it in the 'respect' department or not outside of jazz.

It's a bit of a different animal.

There were a couple of videos on a certain jazz guitar related forum that really got my interest. Around 2:20 in the first video in particular.

Whatever the name, the specs look impressive for a no maintenance, multi-purpose, gig/studio-ready amp.

The price point is more crowded than ever. Makes for lots of choices for consumers, and the competition should keep prices competitive.

I like the look, and Roland's reputation is solid. Chuck Loeb's demo is great, but he'd sound good playing through a cigarette amp.

blues_cube_family_gal.jpg

Archived