Heritage Owners Club

New Build H 575

Vanschoyck

As if I don't have enough arch tops (I really need the support group today) I've begun a new build on an H 575.

X braced spruce top

inlaid logo on the headstock

single Seth Lover pup

almond sunburst

Looking at my collection, what was missing was a 24 3/4 scale carved top with top mounted pup. So you can see I really had no choice; did I?

Hope you weren't looking for folks to talk you out of it! HOC aka HOE (enablers).

Congratulations. Looks like a wonderful configuration.

If you are interested in the different varieties of 575's, check out this link! It will give you some creative ideas for a custom build.

https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1344&bih=714&q=heritage+h575&oq=heritage+h575&gs_l=img.12...0.0.2.99607.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1ac..53.img..0.13.1169.Yfi7w_mTbnA&gws_rd=ssl

Hope you weren't looking for folks to talk you out of it! HOC aka HOE (enablers).

We're a bunch of HOEs. Sounds killer! Keep us abreast; eh?

:worthless:

Somebody had to say it.

Your spec is very similar to one that I took as a trade-in last year when we were still building guitars. It was an absolutely stunning guitar in every way, one of the nicest sounding archtops I'd ever played. Someone described it as being like a sort scale Sweet 16 and I think that was pretty accurate.

H575Fullfront.jpg

Every new guitar comes with high hopes; keeping the dream alive. Thanks for the enabling!

If you are interested in the different varieties of 575's, check out this link! It will give you some creative ideas for a custom build.

https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1344&bih=714&q=heritage+h575&oq=heritage+h575&gs_l=img.12...0.0.2.99607.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1ac..53.img..0.13.1169.Yfi7w_mTbnA&gws_rd=ssl

I think one of my favorites is the natural one with mahogany body and pick guard, gold hardware. I believe that one shows up in the forum gallery. It's a sweet looking axe.

Your spec is very similar to one that I took as a trade-in last year when we were still building guitars. It was an absolutely stunning guitar in every way, one of the nicest sounding archtops I'd ever played. Someone described it as being like a sort scale Sweet 16 and I think that was pretty accurate.

H575Fullfront.jpg

Interesting options on that one. I've owned two guitars with floaters. Kind of a whole other sort of beast. I think I am thinking of a short scale version of my St 16 - and if it turns out that way I'll be very pleased with it.

You bet I will. Maybe someone with contact on the inside can provide a pic in progress . . . hint hint.

I got you...I've not seen this order yet. The orders hit the floor the same day they arrive lately. Something like this will start fast. But finish takes time.

CONGRATS!!! sounds like a nice piece. Thank You for the support.

I got you...I've not seen this order yet. The orders hit the floor the same day they arrive lately. Something like this will start fast. But finish takes time.

CONGRATS!!! sounds like a nice piece. Thank You for the support.

I think the order will be placed Monday; I pulled the trigger Friday. I'm not in a hurry at all, yet still anxious and excited - looking forward big time. The process is everything.

Having gone through this process not all that long ago, may I make one suggestion: be very specific about what carve you want for the back of the neck. If my experience is any indicator, they are especially good at that. I gave them my ideal in numbers and word and it came back to about as perfect a shape and size as I could possibly imagine.

Having gone through this process not all that long ago, may I make one suggestion: be very specific about what carve you want for the back of the neck. If my experience is any indicator, they are especially good at that. I gave them my ideal in numbers and word and it came back to about as perfect a shape and size as I could possibly imagine.

Who did you actually talk to about that?

I think it was either Jim Deurloo or Bill Paige. It may have even been both and I ended up giving it to them in writing. I was something very specific. It's big, round and chunky with a C shape and slightly bigger in the shoulders and they really just nailed it. Everyone who's every picked up this guitar immediately notices the size and shape of the neck.

Well...today I got your tag! Maple and spruce have been selected. The box will be done next week. It may get a neck the following week. I've got 6 or 7 fingerboards. MAYBE..with the help of a friend,I can post a pic of them. That way you can pick the one you like. How cool is that?!! Keep a look out next week. I'll do all I can.

Well...today I got your tag! Maple and spruce have been selected. The box will be done next week. It may get a neck the following week. I've got 6 or 7 fingerboards. MAYBE..with the help of a friend,I can post a pic of them. That way you can pick the one you like. How cool is that?!! Keep a look out next week. I'll do all I can.

That is way beyond cool! Thank you so much for the update.

IMG95201409119508335895841_zps9577e893.j

Archived