Heritage Owners Club

NGD STAT

pressure

My life is one coinkydink after another. I went to the Elgin Illinois guitar show this morning to meet up with old friends and look at guitars never thinking I would be buying a guitar or an amp.

But what do I see at the first booth inside the door but a nice looking STAT! I haven't been thinking about STATs, I haven't been looking at STATS but there it was.

So I talk to the guy behind the counter and notice his name tag, C. J. Stanley, a Heritage endorsee and owner of a bazillion 357s and Firebirds.

Here's where the coinkydink comes in. I had just seen Heritages new small space ad last Thursday in Vintage Guitar Magazine which promotes The C. J Stanley band.

Thinking Heritage could make a better ad than this I made 3 alternate versions of the ad and sent them into Ren in an email.

I showed the ads to C. J. for his input and we had a long conversation about Heritage and music in general. C. J. is a great guy with a lot of interesting stories and I am happy to have met him.

Bought the STAT and took it home to take pictures.

Haven't even plugged it in to see if it works. Its very light, like 6 lbs.

Looks like i'll need tools to change strings!

post-676-0-07080300-1411936282_thumb.jpg

post-676-0-02788700-1411936369_thumb.jpg

I adjusted the truss rod and the string height and like the way it plays. I haven't figured out how to adjust the string intonation yet or what the controls do. I don't know which pickups are on or off, it feels like they are all on or all off. It seems like there is no tone control. It sounds real good despite the fact that I can't control it yet.

Switching is very simple, consisting of four mini-toggle switches. They are all of the "off-on" variety and switch the neck, middle and bridge pickups in or out, with the fourth switch acting as a coil-split for the bridge humbucking pickup. The signal then is routed through a master volume and a master tone (from the factory)

Switching is very simple, consisting of four mini-toggle switches. They are all of the "off-on" variety and switch the neck, middle and bridge pickups in or out, with the fourth switch acting as a coil-split for the bridge humbucking pickup. The signal then is routed through a master volume and a master tone (from the factory)

Based on my recent H160V acquisition, I think this is right EXCEPT that what looks like it should be the tone control is the variable phase control described in the ad. Not familiar with variable phase control wiring, but the subject pot doesn't have a resistor, nor does the wiring circuit have a resistor, so I don't see how it could be a tone control. VERY cool guitar though!

Tools came in yesterday. Just finished setting the guitar up. Everything works great. Trem goes down guitar stays in tune, Trem goes up guitar stays in tune.

Yes, it takes a week to change the strings and you cannot play the guitar if you break a string. But it is the most stable system ever. You can have strings that are two years old and do the Jimi dive and the guitar stays in tune.

Archived