Heritage Owners Club

NGD Upgrades

602a

Got this from Detroit and added Fralin Pure Pafs and just got a set of Faber Aged bridge with Brass saddles along with lightweight 59 Tailpiece. Going with the original ABR-1 Studs with it. This thing has the best neck I on any Heritage I've owned.post-2267-0-30911100-1416617610_thumb.jpgpost-2267-0-07358500-1416617626_thumb.jpg

Did you buy that Faber with pre-grooved saddles? It looks like you did and then moved the e-string over. Why not file a little bit off of the saddles, reslot them and raise the bridge a bit, so you don't have the extra grooves? Wasn't it you who sold me this H150? I remember having to file it's Faber down, and it worked out great.

FaberBridgecleanedandreshaped.jpg

H150firstgig.jpg

I need to try one of those. Do they work well with a Bigsby?

They are stable, but sometime Bigsbys work better with bridges that rock, that's why early gibsons had domed thumbwheels .

I know that the Elliot Easton model Gibson Tiki Firebird incorporated thumb wheels into a Tone Pro nylon saddle ABR just so

the Bigsby would work good. But personally I only like Bigsbys with Bar Bridges like on Gretsch guitars. I'm going to replace

the roller bridge on my Gretsch to a bar bridge.

Did you buy that Faber with pre-grooved saddles? It looks like you did and then moved the e-string over. Why not file a little bit off of the saddles, reslot them and raise the bridge a bit, so you don't have the extra grooves? Wasn't it you who sold me this H150? I remember having to file it's Faber down, and it worked out great.

FaberBridgecleanedandreshaped.jpg

H150firstgig.jpg

Mine was pre groved and never moved the E string that I remember

Archived