Heritage Owners Club

Tonight's "Favorite" Heritage

schundog

Is there really ever a WRONG answer?! After making the kids watch "Uncle Buck" for the first time, I cam downstairs and warmed up the 67 Pro Reverb. It's recent acquisition made me decide that the Deluxe Reverb Reissue was redundant, so I sold it this week at Monster Pawn. Funny story; I made a deal with the pawn shop, collected my cash, which I never count, because they have NEVER done me wrong, and left. I worked for a couple of hours, then pulled the bills out of my pocket to put them away, and realized.... Tommy had accidentally given me an extra $100 bill! It was never even a thought to keep it; I'd have lost sleep for a year. I went back, and just looked at him like I was pissed off... I said "what are you trying to pull on that deal we just did?!" He didn't bite, knowing we have too good of a relationship for me to really be mad about anything. Crap... I pulled out the extra Dead Franklin and handed it too him, saying "you really should keep better track of your money..." He got a sheepish grin, the employee that has been less than honest with me before looked at me like I was crazy, and Tommy said "Well, crap, I guess I've gotta really be NICE to you for the next couple of weeks...." I'll bet that's never happened to them before. Kind of funny, and regardless of why I returned it, I'm sure it will bring me much goodwill with them in the future.

Back to my original post (Sorry!) After the movie, I came down to the Mancave, fired up the old Fender, and decided what guitar to play. I chose my H-155 Millenium, the second Heritage I ever got, purchased from Marty Grass. I gotta say, to this day, it's probably the prettiest, sweetest sounding, easiest playing guitar I've ever owned. The action is perfect for me, the Seth Lovers paired with the ebony board and semi-hollow body, just DO IT for me. I played until my fingers were sore. I never had any desire to pick up anything else. What a great guitar. Sooo, what's YOUR favorite.... today?!

Rockin' the barn at PSP a few years ago with my Millie and my buddy Kuz and his "SalmonCaster..."

IMG_54371.jpg

Great story that restores my faith in humanity. Someone once told me, "What you do will come back to you threefold." Maybe you'll find $300 in the street tomorrow. :dontknow: Uncle Buck is a fun movie; watched it with my 12 year old a couple weekends ago. He liked it. I'm going to snag The Great Outdoors for viewing after the annual Christmas Vacation + The Christmas Story double-header.

Edit to add; What's that pink thing John is holding in his hands?

Tonight flavor is my Telecaster.... Playing some slow melodic blues for feel and less notes.... Enjoying the reverb and tremolo on a clean channel....

From the looks of those pics, you have a lot better things going on tonight than play a guitar.... ;)

From the looks of those pics, you have a lot better things going on tonight than play a guitar.... ;)

You ain't just a-kidding. Look at all those loose cables on the floor over by that chair. That's a Grade A safety hazard, buddy; better get them cleaned up!

You ain't just a-kidding. Look at all those loose cables on the floor over by that chair. That's a Grade A safety hazard, buddy; better get them cleaned up!

Leave my loose cable OUT of this!! :laughing7: Nah, those were take a couple of years ago; she's all of 40 now; probably need to trade her in on 2 20s, right?! NOT..... Like many of us, I married way UP.... When I met her, I gave her my # on a bar napkin, and slurred my words, "Hey, I've got a sailboat; call me tomorrow!!" Damned if she didn't. She still has that bar napkin, 18 years later.

I'm gigging tonight, and my guitar of choice will be my latest acquisition, the Paulman Paragon -

10454319_722408954499563_273342772656908

However I always take a spare, so that will be the H150 VSB with the Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays (photo from before I changed the bridge, tailpiece and pickups - it now has Tonepros hardware) -

385332_439972576076537_1708226583_n.jpg?

Archived