Heritage Owners Club

Repeat Offenders, Speak up Please! How many of you are multiple Heritage owners

Gitfiddler

I bought a Prospect from Jay Wolfe about 6-7 years ago, when he was operating out of his home; I drove 3 hours south to his place, where he graciously welcomed me, and brought out several guitars I asked about, and several more he thought I might be interested in.  After playing for about two hours, I chose a Prospect. 

I elected to look at Heritage guitars because I was searching for a semi-solid body at that time, and having tried numerous Gibsons, was unimpressed with that company's offerings.  My instruments include several PRS guitars, but having tried their hollow body model, it just wasn't what I was looking for tonally.  On top of that, I recongnized Heritage as an exceptional value.

After 4-5 years with the Prospect, I decided to take another plunge and buy a 535.  My Prospect has the floating center block, and I wanted something a little less woody and open sounding.  At that time, I purchased my 535 from Dennis at Big Orange Guitars, of Port Orange, FL.  It is a marvelous guitar, and I couldn't be happier with it.  The HRW pickups are exceptional, and it remains one of only two completely stock guitars in my house, out of about 15 electrics.

The Prospect has been fitted in the last year with Fralin P-92 pickups, and I've been more than pleased with the results of that modification.

I gig anywhere from 2-10 nights a month, depending on how business is going for the band; and both of my Heritage guitars get played on gigs quite often.  Their sound and gorgeous appearance elicit a lot of positive comments from both the public, and fellow musicians.  You know something is going well with your rig when musicians who are not guitarists give you compliments on your tone!

Kane

width=600 height=400http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/guitrr/Equipment/Heritageduocloseup.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=400http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/guitrr/Equipment/c706c59e.jpg[/img]

Wow! Gorgeous guitars! That's like staring at a couple of...um...headlights--yeah, that's it!

+1 on the beauties!  Nice 'headlights'!

Somehow I am reminded of this...Didn't Seinfeld have an episode where he said something like..."Staring at cleavage is like looking at the sun.  You know it's going to hurt you but you keep looking anyway...". 8)

Thanks guys!  Just like a nice pair of "Headlights", they sure are easy on the eyes!

Kane

Hi,

I have 5;

1)  155  OSB,  Seth Lovers

2)  Prospect  OSB,  59's  (thanks Jay)

3)  140  CSB  AIIpro,  Fralin unbucker (great pup for coil tapping)

4)  137  red  Fralin p-92's  (1993 model)

5)  120  was blue, now is white with Vintage Vibe HS-90 and aluminum wrap tailpiece,  when I got this guitar it was in kind of bad shape so I

did some major modifications.  It's kind of a bolt on neck Jr. now.  The HS-90 is a nice humbucker size P-90 if you want to try single coils

in your hum equipped guitars.

I sold a 170 awhile back,  it was a lovely amber with great quilt, but the neck always felt a bit to thin to me . I still kind of miss it! 

My first Heritage was a 157, trans green flame...wieghed like 13 lbs!!!  it was nice but i sold it.

Next i bought a 140, cherry burst flame, it was also a really nice guitar, but like a dummie, i sold it. 

Just a couple weeks ago i bought a 1987 150 w/ the gibson cutaway....i was really excited about this one.  I got it home and it was beat to crap and the electronics were screwed up.  The guy wouldnt offer to pay the repair bill for me to take it to Pete Moreno (Heritage employee/guitar tech) to have it fixed, so i sent it back for a refund.

Now i have the "JF" 140~~~and i love it...i would love to pick up a 170 goldtop!!!!!

Archived