Heritage Owners Club

Incoming: Custom Mesa Boogie Amp!

Hence the name 5:25/5:50

Beagle, One thing to bear in mind when picking owners brains on these, the 5:25 is a 6v6 platform and the 5:50 is an EL84, so there is variety inherent in them aside from the max/wattage option.

It was exposure to a 5:25/Les Paul wielding journeyman a couple years back that sent me ISO a mesa in the first place. Dude was playing straight into the front, Guitar---->cable---->Amp. I simply couldn't believe what I was hearing. i ended up with a lower cost combo that I love, but that amp still haunts me, and I Gio flaunts it in my face at rehearsals occasionally.

I think you're gonna be really happy with your choice.

the 5:25 is el84's and the 5:50 is 6L6's

edit to note that Beagle had already said that :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE sea-foam green, one of my favorite colors. I am sure your separate colors for the head and cab will look great, but I probably would have went SF green for both.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!!!

I LOVE sea-foam green, one of my favorite colors. I am sure your separate colors for the head and cab will look great, but I probably would have went SF green for both.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!!!

Yea, I was really torn about this myself. I didn't want it to be too loud... That was my only fear. Plus I am trying to tie in the pedal board. I may still change this.... the purchase order hasn't been sent to Mesa yet, but it has been paid for. Do you think it would be gaudy or look just right?

I think they would both look great. Trust your first instinct on the color, your first instinct is usually correct for you.

I think they would both look great. Trust your first instinct on the color, your first instinct is usually correct for you.

Well my first instinct was all Seafoam. Then I changed it because of the pedal board thing... then I was told all Seafoam would be too much.... then I decided cream... then I was like no all Seafoam cause its my absolute FAVORITE color.... then I went back on it... Deep breath.

I just called AJ back and changed it to all Seafoam tolex! =) Thanks for telling me to trust my instincts, you helped me make up my mind that had been made up before I talked to anyone about what I wanted. I let my wife and a good friend convince me that all Seafoam would be too much. Cries averted! Thanks Kuz.

VERY cool Beagle! That will be one to cherish....

Dogboy has a 5:50 and keeps offering to let me have my way with it...haven't taken him up on that yet, hope to soon. As you know I'm an owner and fan, as well.

Enjoy. Between that Tele and that amp, you're gonna be one pasty looking dude come spring....

Kip speaks the truth, sure love mine, great choice. That 5 watt setting is really impressive though I'm normally on the 25 watt, no wife no kids!!! I have a hand wired Deluxe Reverb that sounds great, not turned it on in 3 months!!

Hence the name 5:25/5:50

Beagle, One thing to bear in mind when picking owners brains on these, the 5:25 is a 6v6 platform and the 5:50 is an EL84, so there is variety inherent in them aside from the max/wattage option.

It was exposure to a 5:25/Les Paul wielding journeyman a couple years back that sent me ISO a mesa in the first place. Dude was playing straight into the front, Guitar---->cable---->Amp. I simply couldn't believe what I was hearing. i ended up with a lower cost combo that I love, but that amp still haunts me, and I Gio flaunts it in my face at rehearsals occasionally.

I think you're gonna be really happy with your choice.

I knew that the X:25 meant 25 watts and the X:50 meant 50 watts, but I think that was the limit of my understanding. of the nomenclature.

I think Beagle might be swaying my vote toward the 5:50 Express Plus the next time I'm in a position to buy an amp. Gotta get a job first. Details, details. hahaha

DO IT!!!!!!!!! MESA IS CALLING YOU! :happy2:

If it happens... it will be after my next custom amp. I had two planned. One is almost done. The Starlite Deluxe. The next one called the The Starlite Champagne (tentatively and with decent reason) is to be built. Same preamp but different power section. :)

Kip speaks the truth, sure love mine, great choice. That 5 watt setting is really impressive though I'm normally on the 25 watt, no wife no kids!!! I have a hand wired Deluxe Reverb that sounds great, not turned it on in 3 months!!

Hell yea!!!! This is exciting stuff. I really ran it through its paces as much as you can in the store testing an amp, I touched the 25W and 50W for about 10-15 minutes each, but I feel bad playing in a store when they are trying to conduct business. I was mainly in the 5W mode but it was so amazing I just had to have it. I couldn't find a sound I wasn't impressed with.

It is cool to hear from a 5:50 owner who also owns Fender products and loves it so much. I miss the Gries I sold, but this post makes that hurt less. Thanks!

then you should have not got a Boogie :icon_jokercolor:

Seriously, congrats!!!!

HAHA! :laughing4: I meant loud as in the color combo. I know this Boogie has the capability of being LOUD AS HELL! :headbang:

Well my first instinct was all Seafoam. Then I changed it because of the pedal board thing... then I was told all Seafoam would be too much.... then I decided cream... then I was like no all Seafoam cause its my absolute FAVORITE color.... then I went back on it... Deep breath.

I just called AJ back and changed it to all Seafoam tolex! =) Thanks for telling me to trust my instincts, you helped me make up my mind that had been made up before I talked to anyone about what I wanted. I let my wife and a good friend convince me that all Seafoam would be too much. Cries averted! Thanks Kuz.

Bad move. Too much Seafoam. ...................... :laughing7:

Just kidding. It's going to be gorgeous!! And a Mesa. You'll love it!

Bad move. Too much Seafoam. ...................... :laughing7:

Just kidding. It's going to be gorgeous!! And a Mesa. You'll love it!

Haha, this made me laugh out loud.

I have been thinking about it all weekend long. I am super happy I changed it back to what I originally wanted. I haven't even for a second wanted to switch it back to cream again. It's going to look so cool in all Seafoam. It's my favorite color and it is going to be bold.

• 1 month later...

Here it is in all its glory!!!! There is only one small hiccup which Mesa is taking care of. It was all supposed to have brown piping. The bottom closed back cab has the correct piping, the open back and the head have cream piping. They are building new grilles and mailing them to me to install, but it's hard to tell the mistake unless I point it out. Also, I only received one old school "Boogie" logo. That will also be corrected and they will all just say "Boogie."

Feast your eyes on this beautiful amp. I am still just completely thrilled. I smiled and couldn't stop smiling from the very second I started playing. I played it for four hours straight yesterday and didn't even realize it. This is definitely my forever amp. I couldn't find a tone I didn't like!!

8422c8bdb549543542246570b4ad95e1.jpg

db994f51e484b4b9212362afc73a4384.jpg

Archived