Heritage Owners Club

NHD! The Purple H-150

schundog

I like that pair of PUs. You're right, same steak with a little different spice.

Speaking of meat, stay away from the nice man with the paneled van and his King Snake.

And who goes to Wisconsin to buy beer? You're supposed to get some of that stanky cheese...

The beer is excellent. Plus, cheese makes me fart.... Wait, so does beer..... Ah, heck what DOESN'T make me fart?!

Well ,,, it was a hard thing to do , but sometimes life throws you a fast ball .brian is a first class guy. We met chatted awhile even gave me some medical advice . I used Ernie ball hybrid strings . 9 gauge and the top three are like 46/34/26, I think that's how they are? The pickups are the. hot Gibson pickups , they used them in the first run of the Jimi page guitar .i have a old studio lite that has them in it. Total early Jimi page , thank you Brian and thanks to everyone on the forum for putting up with the way I behaved . So know I have to sell off my last cool guitar . Brand new epi double neck that will leave me with a studio lite,God will restore me,,,,,I am just in a valley of life. Glad that I can still play . I have faith that someday God will bless me with another heritage ,until then I am still a proud heritage guitar player (even though I don't own one ) peace and God bless everyone !! I will for sure be at the pilgrimage next year , there are some hand shakes to give out

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone. My wingman for this road trip was my 13 year old daughter. When she saw on the GPS how close we were to Wisconsin, she begged me to cross the State line so she could say she's been to Wisconsin... (I told her we went to Madison a few years ago to see friends, but she insisted she didn't remember.) I complied, and, heck, as long as I was there, I decided to pick up some local beverages that are not available in Illinois!!

3E7FD9CF-9295-4380-86BC-EF574381E37D_zps

365468E0-D4EE-47C1-95A1-DFA185C2FE8E_zps

Hmmm.

Spotted Cow.

Purple Guitar. I see what you are doing there!

Doesn't seem like many do it--and admit I don't see many cream colored knobs in your case--but I always like guitars that have knobs the same color as the binding. Throw in a poker chip of the same color too.

OK, the transformation is complete. Switch tip, poker chip, pickup rings, speed knobs, all black. If I don't ever change another pickup ring in my life, it will be too soon.....

18A3FD54-30A5-41B6-B0FF-670D14D48C25_zps

186C4242-730D-4CB3-BE5D-E2030ABCD45B_zps

0DF2A2E7-CCEE-4F2E-B3B3-4B0E258E93BD_zps

Strung it up with 10s, tuned it up, and fired it up. Good to go. I'll let it settle in with the slightly larger gauge strings, check the neck relief, and adjust the pickup heights to where they sound good. I have to agree with those that suggested it; I prefer this new look.

I kept everything in the case, Terry. If you were to ever buy it back, you can have the original plastic, but I'm not switching it out! Haha.

That reminds me of one other upgrade that was done to this guitar; Terry had the Schaller bridge and tailpiece replaced with TonePros stuff. I've never been a hater of the Scaller stuff from a functionality standpoint, but the TonePros stuff just looks "right."

Archived