Heritage Owners Club

NHD! The Purple H-150

schundog

Maybe it's a subliminal thing; my 16 year old is strongly considering Western Illinois University, Wifey's alma mater for her undergraduate college. The "Leathernecks" colors are purple and yellow, and after a recent college visit, Abby's been wearing purple WIU apparel quite a bit. Nice excuse......

Holyroller, Terry, has documented the saga of getting this guitar done from Pete Moreno. I know it was a long process, but I have to say, this looks like a brand new guitar now, and I've never seen a 150 like it.

Well, yesterday, I got to meet Terry when I met him in Harvard, IL, to pick up this 150 that he has had to let go due to pretty serious health problems that have led to missing work and significant medical bills. He's a really nice guy, and could use any prayers/thoughts we could give him. I wish him nothing but the best, and he's got first dibs on this guitar should I decide to let it go. For now, here it is. The only things I plan to change include black speed knobs and put on heavier strings. Hopefully I won't screw up the action, because it's pretty perfectly set up.

E2E677C4-F7FA-42A1-81CF-79610B1ED75F_zps

8F001124-0936-4BFA-BA92-1BD3DDC20AB2_zps

44CF3995-177F-4E83-AA4B-EBE7077E7D24_zps

BAD5E242-3A8A-46CF-A98B-A2388D0829DC_zps

427AD0DA-7CDA-4372-AA8F-F44F59485A2D_zps

EFE94577-EBB9-4CA4-99E1-A722FCE67D44_zps

Nice going, Brian.

The speed knobs .. :good_mini:. I think they'll look great on that guitar.

As for the heavier strings, remember what BB told BFG! "Why you workin' so hard?" I've been thinking about moving to 9s on my other guitars lately. The Melancon has them and they are feeling really good lately.

That's a good looking guitar right there. You might think about changing the PU surrounds to black along with the knobs. I think they would really look good with the dark burst. Although I like the white surrounds with the white pick guard on Connezoo's guitar.

What Steiner said. That one is unique.

And yes to the black knobs.

But don't you know you can't put something under the tree that you bought for yourself? Jeez, man, get hold of yourself.

(Oops, that may not be what I had intended to say.)

All my Heritages can be easily set up for 3/64" action. The 20th Anniversary H150 will go even lower. Just get the neck a hair away from being dead straight with the truss rod, then crank the bridge way down.

Maybe it's a subliminal thing; my 16 year old is strongly considering Western Illinois University, Wifey's alma mater for her undergraduate college. The "Leathernecks" colors are purple and yellow, and after a recent college visit, Abby's been wearing purple WIU apparel quite a bit. Nice excuse......

E2E677C4-F7FA-42A1-81CF-79610B1ED75F_zps

Really...!? A day without a justification is like a day without sunshine.... All seriousness aside, nice piece! Congrats Big Yin....

Thanks, everyone. My wingman for this road trip was my 13 year old daughter. When she saw on the GPS how close we were to Wisconsin, she begged me to cross the State line so she could say she's been to Wisconsin... (I told her we went to Madison a few years ago to see friends, but she insisted she didn't remember.) I complied, and, heck, as long as I was there, I decided to pick up some local beverages that are not available in Illinois!!

3E7FD9CF-9295-4380-86BC-EF574381E37D_zps

365468E0-D4EE-47C1-95A1-DFA185C2FE8E_zps

Best of wishes to Terry, hope he's feeling better.

Brian, congrats on that 150, very nice. Black knobs of some sort would look good i think. If it were mine I'd be tempted to ad a black poker chip, black rings and maybe a black (wooden?) guard.too.Although those cream plastics on the one above look good too. Lots of vendors on e bay with matching pick guard/pick up ring./poker chip sets. Would be a shame to cover any of that finish though. Enjoy it.

Gibson 496R/500T. I had these in a Gibson Les Paul Classic I used to have. Pretty hot, but a nice variation from the Fralins and 59s I have in other solidbodies.

I like that pair of PUs. You're right, same steak with a little different spice.

Speaking of meat, stay away from the nice man with the paneled van and his King Snake.

And who goes to Wisconsin to buy beer? You're supposed to get some of that stanky cheese...

Congratulations, that's an awesome looking guitar. Glad you were able to get it because holy needed some help and I was GASing like crazy and starting to falter!! You would think a 140 and two 150's are enough. Enjoy.

Archived