Heritage Owners Club

H 150 Upgrade

robbg

Hi! I have just bought my first Heritage h150 and I'm very happy with my new axe, but I would like to upgrade it. My first step was to change the electronic circuit, (pot cts 500 and pio capacitors) then I'm going to replace the bridge with a tonepros one and above all I want to change the pick up even if actually they are quite good to my ears (golden age for Heritage, maybe stewmac?). Here in Rome, I found a set of ReWind "Creme brulee" or "Low output" that seem to be very interesting at least listening to the demo available on youtube. Does anybody knows anything about? It seems to me that high frequencies are not enough fat, but it is difficult to understand only through a demo; on the other side i like the general tone very PAFfish! I was looking for a typical les paul sound, with amazing clean and a rock crunch with a vintage taste. Other choices could be Seymour Seth Lover, Lindy Pure Paf, Lollar Imperial and of course Throback but unfortunately difficult to find out used and out of budget new. Any advice will be greatly appreciated....

Many thanks!

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

First, welcome to the HoC. Would love to see a picture of your H150. From your comments, it must be an older, used model? Most Heritage H150s had Tonepros hardware after 2009, or so. And it could be ordered before that. Is your bridge a roller bridge? That would be Schaller.

I haven't heard of anyone ordering Stew Mac Golden Age pickups for their Heritage. Not that it couldn't happen. But .. why? ;-) If you have them, the previous owner (assuming there was one) must have installed them. Older H's would come with Schallers. Newer ones most likely would have Seymour Duncans.

Post a pic. And if you can, take a pic of the inside of the control plate. That'll tell a lot about your guitar.

Ciao Roberto,

congrats on your new owned H150 and welcome :-)

if give yourself some time you can search through this forum about pickups and find lots of good information, sometimes some good deal too

personally I don't think good enough pickups can be found on a low budget

Many thanks for your answers, here's a picture of my h150 ehm...I think I must read the instructions to post an image! I need to load the picture somewhere to catch an url..

Now, I'm gonna play a lullaby for my little daughter and then I'll try....

however when my lutist open the pick up the paper was exactly this one (I hope it works)

https://www.google.it/search?q=heritage+pick+up+golden+age&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDsemJlfjLAhVMXhoKHQ18BzoQ_AUIBygB&biw=1366&bih=657#tbm=isch&q=heritage+h+150+pickups+golden+age&imgrc=SRxuB8Z-bHSMEM%3A

mmmhhh!!!! Let me know if you can see the image..

Many thanks for your answers, here's a picture of my h150 ehm...I think I must read the instructions to post an image! I need to load the picture somewhere to catch an url..

Now, I'm gonna play a lullaby for my little daughter and then I'll try....

however when my lutist open the pick up the paper was exactly this one (I hope it works)

https://www.google.it/search?q=heritage+pick+up+golden+age&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDsemJlfjLAhVMXhoKHQ18BzoQ_AUIBygB&biw=1366&bih=657#tbm=isch&q=heritage+h+150+pickups+golden+age&imgrc=SRxuB8Z-bHSMEM%3A

mmmhhh!!!! Let me know if you can see the image..

Yep, pics need to be hosted online to get the url. Here's the Golden Age pup you linked to. Once upon a time we wondered if the Heritage HRWs were originally Schaller Golden Age pickups. Any chance your pickup selector has a white tip? First I have seen (others may have already) that sticker on a pickup. Neat!!

post-12632-0-62117400-1368421876.jpg

Ok, I'll try again:

20160326_144519_zpsujmi7bkc.jpg

sorry but my english and my informtic knowlege are not so good..may be not good at all!!!!

However my h150 was build in 2007 and the pickup swithc selector has a white knob upstairs (is that the white tip you were talking about?)

Those pickups are definitely something I've never seen before. But heritage has used pickups from a lot of places over the years. Maybe for a while they were working with Stewart Macdonald to get pickups. If they sound good, keep them!

One of these years I'm going to switch out the pickups in my H535 to see if it makes a positive change or not.

Thanks, my luthier advice me not to change them as they sound quite well, but quite is not enough.... Considering I'm not so skilled, the gear must be excellent to cover my inability..(i know it's exactly the opposite, but passion is not under rational mind control!)

So, does anybody knows anything about ReWind pickups? it's an american factory....

Thanks, my luthier advice me not to change them as they sound quite well, but quite is not enough.... Considering I'm not so skilled, the gear must be excellent to cover my inability..(i know it's exactly the opposite, but passion is not under rational mind control!)

So, does anybody knows anything about ReWind pickups? it's an american factory....

ReWind are hand wound PAF replicas. Keep in mind that there are a lot of PAF variations. ReWind pickups are very highly regarded on MyLesPaul.com and they have a very good reputation.

ReWind are hand wound PAF replicas. Keep in mind that there are a lot of PAF variations. ReWind pickups are very highly regarded on MyLesPaul.com and they have a very good reputation.

I'll give a look , thanks for your informations. I've seen that you had a 150 very similar to mine, I hope someday you''ll have it back or another better...

I'll give a look , thanks for your informations. I've seen that you had a 150 very similar to mine, I hope someday you''ll have it back or another better...

Yes. Sadly, I had to sell my Heritage. Hopefully I will be able to buy one next year.

Roberto, my humble suggestion:

if the pick ups sound good keep them and save the money to buy a second heritage!

Think about it: do you need a second set of pick ups or a beautiful H535?

Well, it sounds like the italian "better an egg today than a hen tomorrow" ! However, I'll consider all your advices even if I've just bought my fourth guitar and it's hard to think to a new guitar not only for the lack of budget, but above all 'cause if I bring home another axe, I should find a new roof being thrown out from home by my wife!!! :laughing1:

Well, it sounds like the italian "better an egg today than a hen tomorrow" ! However, I'll consider all your advices even if I've just bought my fourth guitar and it's hard to think to a new guitar not only for the lack of budget, but above all 'cause if I bring home another axe, I should find a new roof being thrown out from home by my wife!!! :laughing1:

Welcome to the Club - the Heritage Owners Club AND the 'Thrown out of the house for too many guitars' Club!! Enjoy the new guitar all you can.

Archived