Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage Guitar Designs?

Gitfiddler

I'd like to see Heritage come out with some lower cost models. Still built in Kalamazoo (no imports). Gibson has SGs & LP studios for less than $1,500 - why not Heritage?

We don't want Heritage guitars built with plywood and extra glue. That's why.

Cheaper means Korea. Can't get away from that economic reality. Just ask the guy from Michigan who founded Reverend guitars.

I've been wanting this for decades. Have made some progress with our Plain Maple models, but I get push back. Lower price models will get guys playing the brand and they will likely trade up in time.

Not sure what kind of push back you received, or from whom, but producing products aimed at multiple market price-points is a solid business idea.

Not sure what kind of push back you received, or from whom, but producing products aimed at multiple market price-points is a solid business idea.

Don't think it would take too much brain processing power to figure out who ... might ... push back, a tad. ;)

We don't want Heritage guitars built with plywood and extra glue. That's why.

Cheaper means Korea. Can't get away from that economic reality. Just ask the guy from Michigan who founded Reverend guitars.

Even worse....that guy (Joe Naylor) has since relocated his Reverend headquarters/assembling facilities to Ohio.

The horror, The horror

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I'd like them to resurrect the Kahuna model, or at least the body style.

sml_gallery_1716_426_103696.jpg

sml_gallery_1716_426_150844.jpg

Wow, consider me learned. Here I was thinking it was just a headstock inlay thing.

I'd like a variant on the Groovemaster. Same body shape but a 2" rim thickness. Twin Lollar Dogear P90 with an option for Mini Humbuckers.. An option for a spruce top. Nickel hardware. Kluson tuners. Fat '50s neck carve. Kind of like a Gibbo ES-350 but thinner.

I'd like a variant on the Groovemaster. Same body shape but a 2" rim thickness. Twin Lollar Dogear P90 with an option for Mini Humbuckers.. An option for a spruce top. Nickel hardware. Kluson tuners. Fat '50s neck carve. Kind of like a Gibbo ES-350 but thinner.

Yes!!! Order 2 and I'll buy one!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple other product ideas...

From a production throughput and material flow standpoint, creating standardized work will increase capacity, efficiency, quality, and reduce costs.

1) As we all know, I'm a stickler for neck profile/sizes.

Currently, Heritage does not advertise nor adhere to any set standards.

They should offer standard neck sizes (at least a tolerance within certain specs)

I.E.

• Early 50's: .95" (+/- .02") at first fret, in C-Shape Profile
  • Late 50's: .9" (+/- .02") at the first fret, in a C-shape Profile
  • 60's/Modern shape: .8" (+/- .02") at the first fret, in a D-Shape Profile

2) For a "budget" model Heritage, bring back the maple bolt-on neck H-120.

• Maintain the single humbucker (with a volume/tone control this time)
  • Wrap around tailpiece
  • Body made of a lessor one/two/three piece hardwood (Pine/Ash/Alder)
  • Solid Paint Color Only

3) Only silkscreen logos on H-140's (helps clearly define the immediate difference between 140 and 150) and H-137's. All other models have inlaid "The Heritage" in headstock.

Archived