Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage Guitar Designs?

Gitfiddler

Now that Heritage Guitars has been re-energized in many ways, are you satisfied with the current lineup of instruments, or do you think they should continue to introduce more limited editions (Love those new Ltd. Ed.157's!), or even new body styles?

This is a very exciting time for the brand. What are your thoughts?

I've been lobbying for a Heritage 50's style Flying V for years!

Apparently, you need to be a left handed Coffee Czar with oodles of custom build cash to make that wish a reality.......as the rumor would have it anyhow.

58-korina-flying-v_zpszem0tzuh.jpg

I'm waiting for the "Game of Tones" reviews as I do not know the CV's for the new people. Will Marv return or is it just Jim, Bill and Ren as the old guard blends with the new culture?

Special additions are always great eye candy but what new body styles might be in store and how different they would be is one of the best reasons to be on this planet if you like the evolution of the gitfiddle. The last new body style presented was the 110 and they could have done a better job explaining the theory behind that idea. I consider some custom builds like the last few by HOC members like Pressure to be "New Designs" too.

I'd love to see a Strat-ish (uh, STAT) without the garish headstocks of old, no deep diving Kahler type bridges. Something more traditional.

Wonder if the new guys will honor the old guards commitment to Fender to not replicate those after the G-Brand lawsuit?

A new and improved SG would be cool as would something like the old neck-through Yamaha SBG2000.

ditto. an SG style guitar.

A new and improved SG would be cool as would something like the old neck-through Yamaha SBG2000.

ditto. an SG style guitar.

A double humbucker SG body with a carved flame Maple top and no "fatal flaw" would be cool.

Better yet, I would sell my grandma to the circus to get my hands on a Heritage mandolin. ;)

Explorer!!!

This!!!

or

This!!!

a Heritage Moderne would be exceptionally cool

or both!!!!

I don't believe that I'm betraying any confidences, but when I spoke to the guys at NAMM I asked this very question. They indicated that there is a high probability that there will be a new Heritage model by the end of the year. Kyle also said that they are open to building their take on some of the classic designs that came out of 225 Parsons St. over the years provided they do not violate any copyright or trademarks. But, just as Marv always told me, "it's going to depend on how much you want to spend". :icon_thumright:

I would really like to see a small body, genuinely hollow or floating block model. Made with kerfing and bent sides, etc, not a routed out solid piece of wood. Like an ES-Les Paul (but perhaps in a Millie shape?).

I don't believe that I'm betraying any confidences, but when I spoke to the guys at NAMM I asked this very question. They indicated that there is a high probability that there will be a new Heritage model by the end of the year. Kyle also said that they are open to building their take on some of the classic designs that came out of 225 Parsons St. over the years provided they do not violate any copyright or trademarks. But, just as Marv always told me, "it's going to depend on how much you want to spend". :icon_thumright:

You see, that's the thing. I wouldn't pay more for an Explorer just because it says Heritage on it. One of the historical advantages that Heritage had over Gibson is that they are made better and cost less. If Marv built an Explorer, he would charger multi-thousands for it while Gibson sells them all day long for just over a grand. Why buy a Heritage explorer for $2700.00 when I can just guy a Gibson for $1100.00 new?

I like explorers, They are very comfortable to play. I had a customized one once but it became unbelievably huge and heavy when it became time to encase and transport anywhere that I got rid of it for just that reason. All pointy guitars in the guitar market are currently taboo. Generally speaking, people aren't buying them anymore. All my pointy guitars are gone because the cases are all too huge and forget about ever being able to resell one on the used market these days.

That handsome sommbitch in the attached photo is your's truly about 2008 I think. Gibson X-plorer with an actual metal diamond plate pickguard.

post-679-0-85915100-1467464901_thumb.jpg

Excellent HANGAR18.

How does one maneuver around the subtle movements of fretting with those gloves on?

Back to the topic:

I'd jump on board with an F5.

You see, that's the thing. I wouldn't pay more for an Explorer just because it says Heritage on it. One of the historical advantages that Heritage had over Gibson is that they are made better and cost less. If Marv built an Explorer, he would charger multi-thousands for it while Gibson sells them all day long for just over a grand. Why buy a Heritage explorer for $2700.00 when I can just guy a Gibson for $1100.00 new?

I like explorers, They are very comfortable to play. I had a customized one once but it became unbelievably huge and heavy when it became time to encase and transport anywhere that I got rid of it for just that reason. All pointy guitars in the guitar market are currently taboo. Generally speaking, people aren't buying them anymore. All my pointy guitars are gone because the cases are all too huge and forget about ever being able to resell one on the used market these days.

That handsome sommbitch in the attached photo is your's truly about 2008 I think. Gibson X-plorer with an actual metal diamond plate pickguard.

Great pic Danny! Were you on the way to a Gwar concert or a Raiders game?

I'd like to see Heritage come out with some lower cost models. Still built in Kalamazoo (no imports). Gibson has SGs & LP studios for less than $1,500 - why not Heritage? I know my thoughts on this are not popular with the masses, so don't bash me too much.

I'd like to see Heritage come out with some lower cost models. Still built in Kalamazoo (no imports). Gibson has SGs & LP studios for less than $1,500 - why not Heritage? I know my thoughts on this are not popular with the masses, so don't bash me too much.

I've been wanting this for decades. Have made some progress with our Plain Maple models, but I get push back. Lower price models will get guys playing the brand and they will likely trade up in time.

No bashing allowed!

I've been wanting this for decades. Have made some progress with our Plain Maple models, but I get push back. Lower price models will get guys playing the brand and they will likely trade up in time.

Makes good sense. Looks to me like they will need to increase production if they want to do multiple price level instruments. That would be awesome.

Archived