Heritage Owners Club

H155M (millennium) w/o f holes vs withf holes

Chino

Thanks for info. Good to hear your take on the Millie. That's exactly what I was looking for. I already pulled the trigger... ordered a Mille without f holes. Ultra maple top, mahogany back, sides & neck, SD59's, split block inlays. Went with the traditional Heritage MOP logo on headstock vs the new "H". Most difficult decision turned out to be the finish! Ended up going with Neptune Bluebusrt. Back & sides will be black opaque. Chrome hardware. I never would've considered the blueburst but my dealer had done one in the past & showed me pics. It was stunning imo! I'm very happy with final decision! So now the wait begins! They are saying approximately 10 weeks.

Exact configuration and color I would get if buying one new. Nice going. Great minds think alike B) . I don't know how guy does it. I could never be a dealer if a guitar like that showed up for my inventory. Can't wait to see the finish product

Have many of you tried a Millie with only 1 f-hole?

I like the sound of a 2-holer, but the lower f-hole doesn't allow for the best control locations.

Deleting the bottom one might be a good solution, as long as the guitar retains the more

open sound.

Thanks,

Mr B

When I was looking to order my first new Heritage, I did strongly consider the H-155. It came down to cost being a factor. I'm a bit obsessive over specific neck shapes/thickness (which many on here will grumbley roll their eyes whenever I mention it), so custom order is the only way to go.

I've had the distinct pleasure of playing a few Millie's over the past few years. All of which I found were fantastic sounded instruments and if I could get another "Les Paul" type guitar, I would opt for a Millie over a Les Paul or chambered H150.

Kuz and I disagree on tone frequently, but admittedly, he has a much better ear than I do. He'll be the first to say the H155 has an ebony fretboard which looks great but can make a guitar a bit bright. I agree with him on Rosewood helping balance the tone to be warm, but not muddy. That is one design aspect to the H155 I do not like.

F-Holes do lead to a bit of feedback more so then no F-Holes, but it shouldn't be a problem unless you are playing too close to a loud/cranked amp.

The newest refresh has the H-155 being a Semi-Hollow body design, so it may have changed from a carved out design to be constructed similarly to a H-535 now.

This is one of the first, if not first Millie's I was able to play. It sounded great to me, despite my playing an excessively long solo. (thankfully, my singing was not recorded)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O34orzwPM0M"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is what a Millie Ultratop Neptune Blue looks like, out of my inventory.

030007f1_zps5cmzpsxy.jpg

Holy drops of Jupitor!!

The only single hole Mille that I have seen was the picture from NAMM.

Have many of you tried a Millie with only 1 f-hole?

I like the sound of a 2-holer, but the lower f-hole doesn't allow for the best control locations.

Deleting the bottom one might be a good solution, as long as the guitar retains the more

open sound.

Thanks,

Mr B

Rosewood is a load of crap. The best stringed instruments have had and will always have Ebony fingerboards. In my humble and uneducated opinion.

Never met an ebony board I didn't like. Love me some maple too.

Archived