Heritage Owners Club

Unintentional NGD - Heritage H150CM ASB

bobmeyrick

How much did the sound change with the Nashville and aluminum stop bar?

To be honest, not that much (to my ears at least). The main reason for the change was preferring the look of the Nashville set. I changed them soon after getting the guitar, which also involved putting on a new set of 11s instead of the 10s that were on it, so a fair comparison is tricky. The Schaller tailpiece is basically their fine-tuning model without the fine tuners.

What I can definitely say is that the guitar sounds goooood! :laughing7:

that is a sweet axe! beautiful color...since you already went down the BK path with the Stormy Monday's, can't help but wonder what a set of Mules would do for you- lol, sorry to enable you...lol.

that is a sweet axe! beautiful color...since you already went down the BK path with the Stormy Monday's, can't help but wonder what a set of Mules would do for you- lol, sorry to enable you...lol.

Now there's an idea... Actually I'll keep the 59s for a while, as they're sufficiently different from the Stormy Mondays. If I do change them I might investigate some other winders - I've heard good things about Catswhisker pickups, and they're significantly cheaper than Bare Knuckles.

• 1 month later...

I am a fan of '59's as well

there are a ZILLION pickup makers out there now, with more springing up every day it seems

which is a good thing...free market, more variety, more options, etc

I cannot help but thinking we are oversaturated though. I mean really, how complicated is a damn PAF guitar pickup???

I've owned a bunch, and could make do with nearly any of them if I had to

( . except the really crappy ones, which are just made with cheap quality parts )

but once you get to a certain level of quality, it's splitting hairs IMO.

potted vs unpotted seems to be the big difference, to me

'59's get overlooked these days, with all the other options out there. And they are potted, which can be useful. my other fave Seymour Duncan is the Seth Lover

I am a fan of '59's as well

.... And they are potted, which can be useful. my other fave Seymour Duncan is the Seth Lover

Same here. I really like 59's. They just work. I also am a fan of the Seth's. Old fashioned I guess. :)

Nice! The unintentional or unplanned stuff for me is often the best.

Another vote for 59's. I have Antiquities in my H150 and after having them in there for a year or so theyre coming out and the 59's are going back in.

When I can be bothered doing it.

How do you like the '59's? I just installed a set in my SG and am amazed at the tone. They come very close to, if not exceeding, some of the big bucks clones I've tried.

The 59s are fine, though when I got my VSB 150 six years ago, I decided to put in some Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays (A2 magnets - Doug and Pat liked 'em). They gave the guitar a looser feel, which I liked, and sounded great. So when I got a similar guitar (the ASB) I decided to keep the 59s to give me an alternative sound, tighter with a bit more bite.

Incidentally, the 59s from the VSB went into a Squier Esprit (picked up from eBay for just £175), replacing the "Duncan Designed" pickups and making a good guitar into a very good guitar. Chambered mahogany body, rosewood fingerboard, a well made Korean instrument. When I get round to it I may upgrade the switch and pots... (hi JeffB :D )

A belated Happy NGD to Bob, that is beautiful. Love the top and the dark back.

I agree about the 59's as well. I had them in a Hamer Studio and decided to try some "well loved on the forums" boutiques from a very well known winder who I won't name. I found them used. I reinstalled the 59's the same day. If there was an improvement I couldn't hear it. Sold the boutiques and got my money back.

My first Heritage, an H150 (thanks Scott), came with Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays, wonderful pickups.

Archived