Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage H157 Custom

05hummer

Finally got a chance to take some pics.. I aways wanted to try Heritage and I now finally have one... I got it from Eddies guitars and Brett sold it to me(I broke his sales cherry-I was the first sale he had... LOL)... Anyway, the guitar to me anyway, looks like what I always envisioned a Les Paul to look like...Sound wise in a blind fold test I could not tell the difference between it and my other Les Pauls.. Sounds great and the neck is the most comfortable I ever felt, a Cross between and 59 and a sixty... I would not hesitate to buy another... As far as the headstock goes, I wasn't sure if I would like at first but after getting the guitar I think their head stocks are very classy looking... Pickup wise, it hase DUncan 59s in it now, but Im waiting for some Greg winds to come in for it.. Anyway here are the picks...    width=600 height=450http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q84/o5hummer/PC062034.jpg[/img]                      width=600 height=450http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q84/o5hummer/PC062036.jpg[/img]                                   width=600 height=450http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q84/o5hummer/PC062038.jpg[/img]

Thank you..

Im new to Heritage, i have always been a Gison snob and wanted to try Heritage out but never did until now...  So far im really impressed with the workmanship and playability.. Im here trying to find out as nuch as I can about these jems... I first got turned on to them at TSO concert with Alex Skolnick rocking on one.. I figured if its good enough for Alex its good enough for me. And lets face it, he could be playing anything and this is his axe of choice...

Welcome to the HOC!  Nice 157.  That thing has a great top on it.  I'll take the pickups for a dollar if you need to get rid of them ;D  That's about all I got right now!  I think you will be very impressed with these fine instruments.  I was a G man also until I started playing these.  Just great guitars.

...i have always been a Gison snob and wanted to try Heritage out but never did until now....

Many of us have been there, done that....  We'd like to think of ourselves as somewhat enlightened, now.  Welcome to the fold; nice lumber!

Congrats, that last photo shows how stunning that top is.

You will love it over on the dark side, my friend.

BTW, I have SD59s in my H150, I like them but there is a difference of opinion on this board about em.

How's the weight?

Thanks for the comments guys, now I want to here about all of your Heritages and your feelings about them compared to Gibsons...

Welcome to the club. Great looking guitar,nice figuring. You are going to love these instruments.

I owned a LP studio a long time ago. I couldn't wait to unload it. Terrible wormanship especially compared

to Heritage. I have a 157 that is a close cousin to yours. Here is pic of mine.

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg_thumb

... I first got turned on to them at TSO concert with Alex Skolnick rocking on one.. I figured if its good enough for Alex its good enough for me. And lets face it, he could be playing anything and this is his axe of choice...

How cool! We need pics of that!!

I was just thinking the other night how cool it would be if Al Pitrelli would play Heritage instead of his Classic. I'm sure he's seen Alex playing them.

Congrats, that last photo shows how stunning that top is.

You will love it over on the dark side, my friend.

BTW, I have SD59s in my H150, I like them but there is a difference of opinion on this board about em.

How's the weight?

It weighs in at 10.2LBs.. I dont care for the 59s, but until my Greg winds comes in i will live eith them....

Welcome to the club. Great looking guitar,nice figuring. You are going to love these instruments.

I owned a LP studio a long time ago. I couldn't wait to unload it. Terrible wormanship especially compared

to Heritage. I have a 157 that is a close cousin to yours. Here is pic of mine.

Beautiful guiatrs, is your custom a one off, I see the selector switch is on the bottom..

Beautiful guiatrs, is your custom a one off, I see the selector switch is on the bottom..

Thanks. The DC comes that way. But I did custom order that model.

Great job! Glad you freed your mind from the Gib** matrix and welcome to the real world.

Real world as in handmade, authentic, custom crafted, and the machines are not running the place... real live humans still run it at Heritage!

Stunning guitar!  Congrats and welcome from another member of the H-157 Club.  My 157 Black Beauty is my #1 guitar now.  I put Duncan Distortions in mine to replace the 59's, but I play a very high-gain sort of Zappa-like snarl, and the 157 with the Duncans nails that sound.

I owned several G-word Les Pauls back in the day, including an '81 Black Beauty that was a truly great guitar.  My 157 stacks up to any of them and kills any recent Les Paul I've played.  I haven't bothered to try out a $4,000+ G-word Historic for comparison, because anything I buy for that kind of money better come with tires and a steering wheel.  ;D

I find it highly amusing that with all of their economies of scale, the big ol' Nashville gang can't make a Les Paul as good as the H-157 without charging twice the price for it.  And I'm not a total Gibson basher, either.  I just got a new SG-3 that I really like.  It's funny that the prices on the SGs are quite reasonable, while the Les Pauls are a total ripoff.  It's not like there's any R&D involved in a 50-year-old design...

Archived