Heritage Owners Club

HUGE Vintage Heritage 1-off score!!!

brentrocks

great score, enjoy (that is if brent can resist keeping it and fleeing the country)

I have p-rails in my 575, and would not tag any of the sounds as country. I do run mine through a marshall dsl 401. usualy with distortion..

can't say enough about the p-rails, however with the vip system I would probably look for an old set of  Dimarzio super distortions at 13.8 K they really growl.

I'd still like to have those P-Rails in a guitar though ....

Mind me asking what amp you are going through with those P-Rails ?

its a Carvin Nomad tube amp  with a 79 celestion 12"

Thanks all, I can't wait to get my grubby 'paws on this one.

its a Carvin Nomad tube amp  with a 79 celestion 12"

Interesting, of course I've never seen one of those over here.

I did watch a Carvin demo of the Steve Vai amp on YouTube lately, it seems like the business.

carvin is an odd duck. Never really getting respect, tho some of their stuff is quite neat. they've been making tube amps and guitars since the late 40's- tho Ive seen only one guitar for sale - or even photographed that was pre mid 70's - and guess what ? - it was a lefty! it sold for around 700$ I regret not snagging it. had some cool looking p90-like pickups.

the amps can be gems as well- especially the older point-to-point stuff. the nomad is pcb boards, but they get universally good reviews. its light, all-tube and cost me 300$- 5 12ax7s and 4 el84. its new so Im still getting used to it. its actually too loud at this point- tho last night i went to a blues jam to watch and thought it might not be loud enough!

I cant speak for Steve Vai- tho i think he probably did beat Ralph Maccio in the 'devil went down to Georgia' face-off duel in 'Crossroads' >:D

http://tinyurl.com/7sxv8m

• 2 weeks later...

Archived