Heritage Owners Club

New models listed at Heritage Website

brentrocks

why is the 575 link on that page blinking?

hehehehe.

you know - that's not a bad idea to just tell them to start a myspace page!

The upper horn on the 110 isn't my all-time favorite. 

If it weren't for the horn you wouldn'ta been born! ;)

I like the looks of the 110 and am getting serious GAS.  I wonder if they would do one with P-90's.

Stop right there. My GAS addition class are working and I don't want a relapse.

Stop right there. My GAS addition class are working and I don't want a relapse.

I don't think we're being the support group Kuz had in mind. On a side note, I want Heritage pictures from NAMM and I want to buy them ALL!

a semi-hollow 357 with an f-hole and a wooden bridge 8)

one giant p-90 that is 3 buckers wide

Does anyone know why they didn't include anything on the 525?  Hope they're not discontinuing the model.

I think it is becasue the 525 is the design of Jay Wolfe. At one time, and it still maybe true, you could only buy/order a 525 from Wolfe guitars.

I LOVE mine and I am surprised it hasn't overtaken the 575 in popularity. Again, this might be do to the fact that you can only get them from Wolfe guitars.

Does anyone know why they didn't include anything on the 525?  Hope they're not discontinuing the model.

My guess...if they make a special model for a specific dealer, that dealer has an exclusive.

I think it is becasue the 525 is the design of Jay Wolfe. At one time, and it still maybe true, you could only buy/order a 525 from Wolfe guitars.

I LOVE mine and I am surprised it hasn't overtaken the 575 in popularity. Again, this might be do to the fact that you can only get them from Wolfe guitars.

That's what I thought, but Jeff Hale now has a 525 for sale too: http://www.jhalemusic.com/pages/heritage.html

Though that model doesn't have P-90s.

Speaking of which, I just heard that my P-90 modded 575 will be ready on Saturday.  Hope to have some pics once I get my mits on it. >:D 8) 8) >:D

That's what I thought, but Jeff Hale now has a 525 for sale too: http://www.jhalemusic.com/pages/heritage.html

Speaking of which, I just heard that my P-90 modded 575 will be ready on Saturday.  Hope to have some pics once I get my mits on it. >:D 8) 8) >:D

ingeneri, did you have the Phat Cats dropped into the 575, or did you go some other route?  Whatever the option, I hope you really dig the box once you get it back and that you'll file the full report!  I just received the burn of an informal cd recorded at the blues jam on New Year's Day night.  Got to play with the good guys (very lucky me!), and used my 576 with the Phats, through a very clean amp (my Fender Princeton 65, with a really nice 12" Emminence I'd put in just that day...clean channel only).  MAN, did that guitar cut!!  Great tone, despite the relatively inexpensive solid state amp.  After the set, very established local jazz cat (uses a late sixties 175) with whom I played, who suffered with somebody else's inferior amp, came over, pointed to the amp and guitar and said, "That's the tone I want!"      8)

'Slate,

It's a natural 1990 H575 I'm modding with full-blown Lollar P-90s.  Lollar sells a set of shims one can use to install these in the HB sized holes.  I liked the Phat Cats in the Groovemaster, but since I was already swapping the pickups in the 575, I decided to go all out.

I looked at the new 525 pretty seriously, but I wanted a full depth archtop and a floating wooden bridge.  The 525, especially the versions I saw with a mounted T-O-M, looked like it would be closer to the Groovemaster in terms of increased sustain.  A great sound, but not what I had in mind.

I'm playing with Jimmy Burrell (Chess Records, Ike & Tina, Wilson Pickett) again this Friday and Saturday for Innauguration weekend.  The 575 is supposed to be ready on Saturday, so I plan to use the Super Eagle the first night and then the new axe the second.  So, hopefully I can get you a tone report next week if I haven't frozen to death on the mall Tuesday. 8)

Thanks for the skinny!  I think you'll find the Lollars have bags of punch, and in a 575, they should be pretty rich and toneful, too!  I know you wanted a box with them, and now it looks like you're on!  I posted a while ago about switching the T-O-M out for the wooden saddle on the Super; warmed it up a bunch!  Love the new voice!  Looking forward to a tone and gig report; wear your woolies!!!

p.s.  Isn't Jimmy a B-3 guy?

Archived