Heritage Owners Club

23 Model

skydog52

Micheal Jordon #23 guitar.

No not really, but it was refered to that for a while. It is the 23rd anniversary of Heritage and they are/were making 250 of #23 stamped 535s to commemorate their 23rd anniv. (Why the 23rd anniv? Because the company about closed it's doors for good becasue of a massive fire and they basically had to restart anew. Ren said it was such a major turning point for the company they wanted to honor their reopening with a special tribute guitar). The #23 also was the introduction of Marv Lamb's new wonderful color "Vintage Wine Burst".

• 1 year later...

Sorry for being such a noob and re-opening this old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one when it's been discussed before!

Anyways, I was under the impression it was also made to commemorate a couple of the older craftsman leaving the company? I was not even aware of the fire or anything, I had read it was to commemorate their leaving? Not the owners, just a couple of the workers?

Who knows, i'm a newbie.

Thanks!

i've been a member for a year and I didn't know about the fire..can anyone give us the Lowdown? thanks..

i've been a member for a year and I didn't know about the fire..can anyone give us the Lowdown? thanks..

Please!

Like I said, I read the 23 was in response to one (or two?) of the older guys retiring... sort of a farewell model.

Internet myth?

Ren talks about the fire during the factory tour.. PSP..

It was a big ordeal apparently, It backed up orders terribly , as they dealt with the water damage also.

Ren talks about the fire during the factory tour.. PSP..

It was a big ordeal apparently, It backed up orders terribly , as they dealt with the water damage also.

Holy Crap!! Glad they didn't close..

Ah ok, I had heard they got backed up badly and this caused a lot of delays, that was back when I had my first heritage in... 2007 or 8 I think.... I didn't know it was for a fire! So this was right before the 23 models?

Any insight as to what I heard, the 23 commemorating the retirement for a few of the old-timers who had been with heritage all along and the old G-company before that?

Thanks. (was a history major in school, this stuff interests me!)

The first of the four left last year. The banner head is attributable to the fire caused by a large quantity of combustible material being in close proximity to high heat!

If the Wineburst finish is a result of the fire, then at least something came from it, that wineburst is just incredible, one for the future for me.

My VWB 25th anniversary arrived today. It is thawing out, and so far I have been a good boy and not opened it. Going on 2 hours so far. It actually did not come in too cold. I guess it has been in the heated truck the whole day.

The first of the four left last year. The banner head is attributable to the fire caused by a large quantity of combustible material being in close proximity to high heat!

I see now... except the "banner head", not sure what that means. ^_^

Someone here will correct my poor memory for dates - I don't know the below for fact, but it's as I understand it. In 2007 the plant did have a fire and they were down for a spell. Internet rumors speculated on the company's demise. But that year, Vince Margol became a partner to what I think effectively boiled down to buying out Bill Paige's share as Bill was no longer an owner then (but think still remains active with the company). The # 23 as Ren described it (Kuz asks this very question during PSP1 tour - why 23, why not wait until 25 or so) was due to celebrating their 23rd year and coming back after the fire.

In the spring of 2009, JP Moats retired, so of the original 4 I think 2 are still owners - Marv and Jim. I don't think that the 23 is a direct indicatation of an owner leaving as Bill didn't really 'leave' the company. It's just a recognition that 'hey, we're back up and running and plan on being around for a spell'.

Get down to page 13 and there's an interesting write up... can't recall that it's been posted here before.

http://kvm.kvcc.edu/content/generalinfo/mu...ies/MuseXIV.pdf

Someone here will correct my poor memory for dates - I don't know the below for fact, but it's as I understand it. In 2007 the plant did have a fire and they were down for a spell. Internet rumors speculated on the company's demise. But that year, Vince Margol became a partner to what I think effectively boiled down to buying out Bill Paige's share as Bill was no longer an owner then (but think still remains active with the company). The # 23 as Ren described it (Kuz asks this very question during PSP1 tour - why 23, why not wait until 25 or so) was due to celebrating their 23rd year and coming back after the fire.

In the spring of 2009, JP Moats retired, so of the original 4 I think 2 are still owners - Marv and Jim. I don't think that the 23 is a direct indicatation of an owner leaving as Bill didn't really 'leave' the company. It's just a recognition that 'hey, we're back up and running and plan on being around for a spell'.

Get down to page 13 and there's an interesting write up... can't recall that it's been posted here before.

http://kvm.kvcc.edu/content/generalinfo/mu...ies/MuseXIV.pdf

Randy's recollection here is pretty much the way I remember hearing it from Ren at the first PSP. My Super was ordered in 2007, not long after the fire, as they were trying to get back up and running. It was touch and go there as to whether or not that guitar would ever be delivered because of a general sort of dishevelment in the operation, post fire. I think the fire may have been a near-death experience for Parsons Street. Remarkable, the recovery they've made!

Randy's recollection here is pretty much the way I remember hearing it from Ren at the first PSP. My Super was ordered in 2007, not long after the fire, as they were trying to get back up and running. It was touch and go there as to whether or not that guitar would ever be delivered because of a general sort of dishevelment in the operation, post fire. I think the fire may have been a near-death experience for Parsons Street. Remarkable, the recovery they've made!

Yea, what they have said!

Ok ok, good deal guys, thanks for the fill-in!

SO, this 23 I'll be getting is made after the fire? Sort of as a victory of coming back?

Hmm, sounds a bit odd, but that's cool!

I hope it lives up to my former and only other Heritage I've owne, a tobacco 535 I think it was an 04 as it was 2 years old or so at the time....

Thanks again for the info here fellas!

Archived