Heritage Owners Club

H-137 arrives

JohnCovach

You may remember that 137 that was listed on craigslist last Friday.  Well, here it is with a new pickguard, courtesy of Cryoman, installed.  It came in that great tweed case.  The guy I bought it from had bought it new from Jay a couple of years ago.

width=360 height=480http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg269/jcovach/100_0033.jpg[/img]

width=360 height=480http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg269/jcovach/100_0034.jpg[/img]

That guard is perfect on so many different levels!  You're a luck Man JC.

Love the Hiwatt!  What is that residing next to it?

John,

That is one very shiney guitar!! Cryoman's pg looks very nice, too. And just think ... you didn't even need us to help you on that one.  :angel:

Is that a Motion Sound cab next to the Hiwatt? Which is very hot in it's own right. :thumbsup:

You may remember that 137 that was listed on craigslist last Friday.  Well, here it is with a new pickguard, courtesy of Cryoman, installed.

Beautiful guitar.  How much did Cryoman have to pay you to take his pickguard ?    :angel:

They go very well together.  Nice work Cryoman.

Thanks for the kind remarks, guys!

The amp you see is a Hiwatt Custom 50 head (1984) with a recent Reeves bottom with 4 12" vintage purple speakers.  This cab is a clone of the Hiwatt cab.  I use this amp with both the Genesis and Pink Floyd tribute bands.

Next to that is a Motion Sound speaker, sitting on a standard Fender 4x12 bottom.  I power the Motion Sound with a 1970s Univox all-tube head, which is not in this shot.  I haven't added this amp to my set up yet, but the Motion Sound unit popped up on craigslist here a few months back and I thought I'd give it a try--I'm a sucker for the Leslie guitar sound.

I've got a few other amps I use, most notable a Vox AC30 with alnico blue speakers for my 60s band.  That amp sounds great paired with one of my Gretsch guitars or the Rickenbacker 12 string--jingle jangle for days!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived