Heritage Owners Club

You May Have 1 and ONLY 1 Guitar...Any Heritage...Which Will It Be??

Gitfiddler

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3746.0;attach=3574;image

Those guitars are just sick.

Please send them to me for "evaluation"

>:D >:D >:D

The H-140 is really sweet, I've had it for maybe 10 years, bought it as "NOS" from a dealer three or four years after it was made, I ordered the H-137 through Wolfe Guitars a couple of years ago because I wanted to get an ebony fingerboard to match the other one. They're both pretty sweet, but the H-140 remains "#1".

The H-140 is really sweet, I've had it for maybe 10 years, bought it as "NOS" from a dealer three or four years after it was made, I ordered the H-137 through Wolfe Guitars a couple of years ago because I wanted to get an ebony fingerboard to match the other one. They're both pretty sweet, but the H-140 remains "#1".

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3746.0;attach=3576;image

Does that mean you are not going to send it to me for "evaluation" after all ?

:wink:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3746.0;attach=3576;image

Does that mean you are not going to send it to me for "evaluation" after all ?

:wink:

Well, it would require an obscenely large, non-refundable deposit.

I've thought about selling it if I could find a left handed heritage collector that would cherish it, but it wouldn't go cheap.

:D

I see ....  :angel:

Ouch!  Shot down in flames...  :violent5:

Gotta give you an A for effort SouthPaw.  Nor can I say I blame you ;D

That is one fine 140, I'm not sure if I qualify as a left handed Heritage collector but I would cherish that one !

I'm with you.

Blazer - it's customary to sacrifice one of your collection to a senior member of the forum (hell, I lost a Golden Eagle to Brent).  Since SouthPaw is the senior lefty, you must ship it to him.  If your presence here is powerful, the elders may return it; else, chalk up another one for the virgin in the volcano.

I'm with you.

Blazer - it's customary to sacrifice one of your collection to a senior member of the forum (hell, I lost a Golden Eagle to Brent).  Since SouthPaw is the senior lefty, you must ship it to him.  If your presence here is powerful, the elders may return it; else, chalk up another one for the virgin in the volcano.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that but it is customary to read your PM's ....  :wink:

I'm with you.

Before I "sacrifice" a guitar I'd have to see proof positive that he's the senior lefty. I was here when they started the forum too. Do we have membership dates somewhere?

If he is senior and wants the H-140 I'd be glad to at least consider a sacrifice to him, all he would need to do is to pay the $2,500 shipping and handling . . . . .  ;D

Well, there you go.

Name:  SouthpawGuy

Position: Heir Apparent

Date Registered: January 14, 2008, 02:02:56 PM

Name:  dblazer

Position: Charter Member

Date Registered: July 23, 2007, 08:31:36 PM

Well, there you go.

Name:  SouthpawGuy

Position: Heir Apparent

Date Registered: January 14, 2008, 02:02:56 PM

Name:  dblazer

Position: Charter Member

Date Registered: July 23, 2007, 08:31:36 PM

Uh oh SouthPaw...  Time to feed the volcano  :pottytrain4:

Give me a H-157 quilted top in Deep Cherry Translucent.  Make it as heavy as possible.

Have you checked this one out at Wolfe's?

Don't know about the weight, but it sure is purty, expensive...and has a chunky neck to boot!

width=600 height=450http://www.gbase.com/files/store_images/Gear/1608008/p2_utdav4pcz_so.jpg[/img]

Give me a H-157 quilted top in Deep Cherry Translucent.  Make it as heavy as possible.

Reminds me of "Two Ton Tony", my H-150 Gold Top. The heaviest chunk of mahogany, at 13.5 lbs, that wasn't part of a tree or a boat.

I'm now use to the weight of my 150.

I did two gigs with it during the weekend, normally I would do the last set with my PRS but not this time.

The tones I was getting with my 150 w/Seth's and my Mesa Lone Star were just too infectious.

I think I may have moved less during the last set from the weight but I would rather play sitting down than with out my H150.

The guys I play with have all noted my obsessiveness over my 150 :)

They've always known me to be a strat player and were a bit surprised when I didn't pick up my strat to do the SRV and Rory Gallagher tunes we do.

I just cant put it down, regardless of weight.

I really like the dark cherry finishes that Gibson used.  I like the mass for the increase in sustain and cajones.

I have this on a few of my guitars and really don't understand why/when it fell out of favor.  You usually only see it these days on lesser Gibsons LPs and SGs.  A shame  :rolleyes:

Only 1 guitar ... any Heritage?

Good question. I am currently without one ... so something I have been thinking about for a while.

H155 in in vintage sunburst with a set of HRWs?

H535 in almond burst with Seth Lovers?

Roy Clark signature?

Really, I think it would be the H150 that recently left my collection. It may take a while, but it will come back home ... 8)

Ive got 55 emails to read in my HOC box! htis thread is killng me.

Archived