Heritage Owners Club

Another Ballsy Tele Pickup, Cavalier Nocaster Holy Grail!!!

• rockabilly69 changed the title to Another Ballsy Tele Pickup, Cavalier Nocaster Holy Grail!!!
Posted (edited)

image.png.75740e4ec17b8e43f1349ae681fe4e3e.png

The look of that neck is just.... as Pressure would say....  FAB!

You've really gotten heavily into the Tele types lately.     What is this,   #6?  7?   

Rich,  I built or rebuilt (swapped necks and pickups etc) 7. I currently have 5 Teles that I built, 2 Fiesta Red Teles, Gold Esquire, Brown Tele Deluxe and Purple Tele with humbucker and single coil. I also built an Esquire with a British racing green body, but I tore that one apart, because I wanted the pickup for a different build, and the neck for another one, I gave the green body to a friend. I also have a reverse headstock Tele that a friend gave me and custom shop that I've had for a long time. The reason I'm doing this is because I've always like the idea of Telecasters, but never really bonded with one as a full time guitar. Now though, through my experimentation, the gold Esquire and purple Telecaster have turned out to be monster guitars that I could use as full-time giggers. Two things that I've learned is that I like hot bridge pickups, and 9.5 radius fingerboards with slightly bigger frets, The other Teles are all fine guitars since I've tweaked them but the gold and purple have the magic...

This one has American Professional neck with Rosewood fingerboard (9.5 radius), and Fender locking tuners, Guitarfetish Poplar Body, Decoboom pickguard, American Professional bridge, Nocaster Holy Grail Pickup, Eldred Mod wiring

CopperTop.thumb.jpg.472b09ffab9c1c3486727dc87e6cf06d.jpg

This one has Allen Eden Paulownia body, Decoboom pickguard, Ebay seller from China Flame maple neck with rosewood fingerboard (9.5 to 12 compound radius) Fender 52 reissue bridge, Tyson Precious and Grace neck pickup, Billy Gibbons BG1400 bridge pickup, 

PurpleHaze.jpg.02e7f4e909405213892b959c938fb6d9.jpg

Edited by rockabilly69
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TalismanRich said:

The look of that neck is just.... as Pressure would say....  FAB!

You've really gotten heavily into the Tele types lately.     What is this,   #6?  7?   

these are the others...

Guitarfetish Fiesta Red Poplar body, Decoboom pickguard, Fender Roasted Maple neck with Pao Ferro Fingerboard (9.5 radius), DiMarzio Twang King pickups, 4 way reverse switch with series wiring on the 4th position. 

Coral.jpg.ac1c2ae8baba8889bdae9e7ff29774c2.jpg

Fiesta Red Warmorth Poplar Body, Decoboom Pickguard, Wolftone Cub and B*tch pickups, Fender Limited Edition painted headstock flame Maple neck with Ebony fingerboard and locking Fender tuners (9.5 radius), Halon bridge.

FiestaRed.thumb.jpg.57dd2517511b4fa834eb986de2c4c3b0.jpg

This one has had two necks. The first one from the factory was warped, but I bought it used so I had to replace it myself. 12 degree radius. The pickups are DiMarzio PAF in the neck and Super Distortion in the bridge (splittable via the volume pot). So this one was more of a factory guitar that I modded than a build. I  modded to relive the past as I had one like this when I was 18 years old and it was my first real gigger.

TeleMoneyShot.thumb.jpg.11222c7e6213ec1d35c7efe9a941db9d.jpg

Edited by rockabilly69
  • Like 3

I really like this one. I'd love to see it with a RW Fingerboard. I'll bet it's pretty punchy.

Tele Money Shot.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 5:14 AM, RJLII said:

I really like this one. I'd love to see it with a RW Fingerboard. I'll bet it's pretty punchy.

Tele Money Shot.jpg

I think it would be fun to try a  Rosewood neck on a guitar like this, but as I said in my description above, I'm reliving the past as I built this guitar to be EXACTLY like the one I played when I was 18 years old in my first real working band. And in this particular guitar maple may be the better choice as the brighter tone of the neck may help with the slightly thicker so unding pickups. Who knows, sometimes it's just a crapshoot!

10 hours ago, bolero said:

Stellar bunch of gtrs

Thanks C!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...