Heritage Owners Club

Incoming H150

Just picked this up from Nick Hall.  Looking forward to hearing those P Ralis!

And the 'Heritage' of this guitar is impressive too.  I'm surprised no one snapped it up before I did.  I'm glad I have another Heritage H150 in the fold.  It's been years! 😎

Heritage H150.jpg

• Like 4

Not sure on the neck angle older v newer 150s.  Maybe another HOCr can comment?

Heritage H150 2.webp

• Like 1

This guitar is a little lighter than most because the control cavity expands for the mini-toggles.  That's my recollection.  The Schaller bridge and tailpiece were swapped out by Pete Moreno.

The person Ren Wall built this for has too much back pain to play.  This was his last guitar and the one he played the most since he got it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, michaeljames said:

Not sure on the neck angle older v newer 150s.  Maybe another HOCr can comment?

Heritage H150 2.webp

Congrats on this mate !!! Its a really special guitar... and i cant believe its sale for such affordability... especially the ebony fretboard is something out of the blue !! It certainly has that tighter middy tone added ?

Glad you're back playing a heritage! Enjoy.

I had  a goldtop i loved with that exact same electronics layout, looked forever for a second... ultimately I got in my head and sold it b/c I felt like the layout would throw me off at times.

19 hours ago, Millennium Maestro said:

Glad you're back playing a heritage! Enjoy.

I had  a goldtop i loved with that exact same electronics layout, looked forever for a second... ultimately I got in my head and sold it b/c I felt like the layout would throw me off at times.

RhoadsScholar used to gig with that in Detroit.  He used a Strat, H-170, and this H-150, mostly the H-150.  He died during COVID, and of course there were no gigs then.  I bought the guitar back from his trust and picked it up at his funeral months later.

• Upvote 1

Was wondering why no responses from Rhoades Scholar.  Sorry to hear.  Another interesting fact history of this guitar.

I find the PRails to be nice with this guitar.  I'm not going to change a thing!  I have a LP JR, but nothing with 2 P90s.  I like it!  I sold a H137 to someone here years ago.  $1000.  Always regretted.

Heritage H150 2.webp

• Like 1

I just want to say this is a really sweet guitar. My only complaint is the V/T controls are a little tight. The guitar itself is a winner and very fine example of The Heritage 'early years' based on my limited, but nearly a dozen 'early years' H150s. I'm glad I was able to add this one to the flock!

yes, that's what i meant.  i understand the dvip system (in this instance the prail toggle system).  again, this is a sweet guita and i'm gladtoa h150 back in my possession! 😜

As above, thanks MartyGrass!  I find the HB and P90 to be really nice.  Don't use the single coil option much (have strats and teles) however the single coil option kinda pair pair nicely with the P90 option INMO