Heritage Owners Club

SHOOT!

Steiner

Mrs. Steiner & I made the trek to Parsons St. today to pull the trigger on a new 575 Mahogany customized to the tooth. I'm buying it through the Kazoo Heritage dealer but got to sit with a Heritage principal to convey the customized features. As I sat with Mr. Marvin Lamb discussing the various options, I could only wonder if this is what it was like to order a Model T from Henry Ford. To sit with an innovator from a time when automation was just beginning, the industry in constant flux and this man at the table with me is part of the winning team. He made it happen. What a treat!

Looking around at the gorgeous guitar collection brought to the PSPII & the examples in the Heritage facility, I couldn't find a dud among them. So I've put Heritage Inc. to task. I changed:

The top material (spruce), binding, tailpiece, jack location, pickups, neck (size, material, fret markers, inlays and Cupid's Bow), and tuners. Essentially I kept the size and shape. Every custom feature is available somewhere in the Heritage catalog so it's not that they can't do it; it is that they never have all at once. Here's the kicker: They said Yes! I''m reminded of my first true love! :P

Yes, I wanted to honk my horn and let the collective know 1) I do believe in Santa Clause, Kalamazoo and heritage Guitars 2) I'm doing my part to keep the Parsons St. folks going. Photos and tone report to follow...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Steiner,

Sounds like you got the whole enchilada. Can't wait to see the pics. And the tone report - what pups did you go with?

PS, I'm sure that by "your first true love", you are referring to Mrs. Steiner!!

Kit and Caboodle...

She's specked with HRWs pickups which I enjoy on the Eagles; speaking of which. Sir HFB I knew I should have called you first! I knew you'd have an angle on some facet that no one else would ever consider. You're the Man!

I don't believe they go through sufficient 9" Mahogany boards to be able to select lumber as beautiful as the 445's. They had a book-matched mahogany plank ready to go through the shaper table yesterday. It had some beautiful attributes even being dry. My thought is that they aren't going to order a bunch of wood just to make my ax. It's pretty much luck-of-the-draw and trusting then to know their craft. They do and I do too.

That's awesome dude!! Now the hard part..the waiting..(Maybe Tom Petty could do a song about that!) May it be the guitar of your dreams!! rock on!

Sound like you had a good day on Parsons Street. I'm jealous. I have a recipe put together for a custom 535 put can't pull the trigger until I get this whole employment situation worked out. Enjoy the new tone toy and make sure when the big day arrives you post plenty of pics.

It really surprised me that they do custom guitars. I thought I'd get it up here for everyone's personal edification and fantasy. Other than their acoustic, I've never seen a mahogany hollowbody Heritage. I know they do a spectacular job on their maple hollow bodies so I decided to splurge. I talked with a boutique jazz guitar maker and priced the same guitar. Bottom line, it wasn't a Heritage. I know the 575 and Eagle models and am comfortable that this will be a stellar, go-to guitar

The waiting and anticipation is the toughest part. Once this thread falls into obscurity I'll watch the days go by much faster. I wonder if I can get Carly Simon to team with Mr. Petty and sing about holding out.

By way of the description of the tonewoods, I promised the Mrs. that I'll only let others play it through EL34 amps as long as I get to play it through their amp too. Let's see... One guy has that Bogner Shiva EL34 and it seems there's another EL34 amp out there. Hmmm.

DS - I'm all for the biannual get together. Dow, MI isn't much more than 2 hours; about the same trip as Kazoo. She should be here for Christmas, possibly Thanksgiving; both are appropriately named this year. Shall we set a date?

Thanks to all for the support!

Cheers!

It really surprised me that they do custom guitars. I thought I'd get it up here for everyone's personal edification and fantasy. Other than their acoustic, I've never seen a mahogany hollowbody Heritage. I know they do a spectacular job on their maple hollow bodies so I decided to splurge. I talked with a boutique jazz guitar maker and priced the same guitar. Bottom line, it wasn't a Heritage. I know the 575 and Eagle models and am comfortable that this will be a stellar, go-to guitar

The waiting and anticipation is the toughest part. Once this thread falls into obscurity I'll watch the days go by much faster. I wonder if I can get Carly Simon to team with Mr. Petty and sing about holding out.

By way of the description of the tonewoods, I promised the Mrs. that I'll only let others play it through EL34 amps as long as I get to play it through their amp too. Let's see... One guy has that Bogner Shiva EL34 and it seems there's another EL34 amp out there. Hmmm.

DS - I'm all for the biannual get together. Dow, MI isn't much more than 2 hours; about the same trip as Kazoo. She should be here for Christmas, possibly Thanksgiving; both are appropriately named this year. Shall we set a date?

Thanks to all for the support!

Cheers!

Pt1. And how long have you been a HOC member? Customs rule! Now everybody that doesn't have a custom, order one now to help keep the lights on! (yea if it were only that easy for us to pull the trigger)

Pt2. Maybe that guy needs to bring the big rig for PSP3?!?!?

How do y'all drive with all of that snow? That stuff shuts us down....... not like we have had any for the last 10 years.

How do y'all drive with all of that snow? That stuff shuts us down....... not like we have had any for the last 10 years.

Driving in the snow is easy! We slowdown. A little. Mostly just in the corners. Then we go that much faster in the straightaways to make up for lost time; but we Never drive like Ya'awl and the Dukes of Hazard!

but we Never drive like Ya'awl and the Dukes of Hazard!

Typical Northerner. The true dialectic spelling is y'all. Which basically means you, your family and possibly your good lookin' cuzin'. If you want a larger group the vernacular is all y'all. Which means you, your family, your good lookin' cuzin and her sister.

Dukes of Hazard .... geez. 1926.gif

I have it dialed, now! It's anything but "another" EL34 amp! You have dibs, Steiner!

Oh, that's right - it's You! If you can make it up to the Winter Heritage 2.5, you can have first spank on the plank! Bring your amp builder and we'll introduce him to some Boo-teak examples to get him going on a few new models and ignite his business. Have I iterated my covetous take on your proximity to "the creator"?

Typical Northerner. The true dialectic spelling is y'all. Which basically means you, your family and possibly your good lookin' cuzin'. If you want a larger group the vernacular is all y'all. Which means you, your family, your good lookin' cuzin and her sister.

Tulk is right. "Y'all" means "You all." One person can't be a Y'all. But then if you ask for a Coke in the south people will ask you, "what kind." Coke is the "pop" of the south. It can be a grape or a pepsi.

The funny thing is that those of us down here would consider Tulk a yankee.... being from Missouri and bragging about that lame assed BBQ.

Archived