Heritage Owners Club

Finally became a HOC - I bought the H157 on the ebay from C.B.Perkins

Jorgen-Denmark

Thanks to this forum to provide me with vital information regarding Heritage guitars - what to look after when buying, models, prices, HW etc.

Living in Denmark there is mentally and geographic a long and winding road to Kalamazoo and the craftmens at The Heritage Plant, and there are not that many Heritage guitars to choose from in the scandinavian music stores. This is not my first guitar from the Kalamazoo - a couple a years ago I bought a Gibson es 325 TD '72 (see the Pict). This guitar is by the Gibson community and owners not regarded as a real member of the family, but for the guys who own one, it is the ultimate workhorse - humble as it looks - build to last - love that guitar too!

Now I finally got a grip of myself and bought a H157 Black Beauty announced at ebay, regardless the price I had to pay and the fact that I will have to pay a lot in import taxes to get it on the streets in Denmark. But then again - being the owner of a instrument that unique in my country is really worth all the trouble.

Here are some pictures from the add - I'm waiting for the guitar to arrive by UPS one of these days, and when I get a hold of it, I will provide more information and pictures if someone shows interest.

Best regards - Jorgen

h157blk_front.jpg

h157blk_front.jpg_thumb

h157blk_back2.jpg

h157blk_back2.jpg_thumb

es325jk.jpg

es325jk.jpg_thumb

Jorgen:

Congratulations on the guitar and your new connection with the Heritage Owners Club!  It sounds as though getting the guitar was difficult and expensive.  I'm certain it will be worth it when you first plug it in!  Welcome!      :)

Thank you all for making me feel at home  :D

BTW regarding the G-word: I do a lot of Stones here back in Copenhagen - and as it should be if you want do it the right way, mostly in open tune. That's what I use a Les Paul for, of course not a regulary one, but a blue DC '98 (24 fret).

My new H157 is ment to be the one, I would use for playing TOTO, Led Zep and stuff like that.

Here is a picture of my blue LP:

Bluebird.jpg

Bluebird.jpg_thumb

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks to this forum to provide me with vital information regarding Heritage guitars - what to look after when buying, models, prices, HW etc.

Now I finally got a grip of myself and bought a H157 Black Beauty announced at ebay, regardless the price I had to pay and the fact that I will have to pay a lot in import taxes to get it on the streets in Denmark. But then again - being the owner of a instrument that unique in my country is really worth all the trouble.

Best regards - Jorgen

hi, Jorgen,

i live near CB Perkins, so stop by 2+ times a month to see what's happening.  Family operation since C.B. started it in 1923.  Really fine people.  Got my H-137 there and all (?!) my Heritage amps.  They also do all the maintenance on my other Heritages and Chapins.

really hope you dig your Beaut'. Erick P. and i spec'd out one with Ren some time ago.  love them Beaut's...

best,

jeff

8)

Thank you all for making me feel at home  :D

BTW regarding the G-word: I do a lot of Stones here back in Copenhagen

you are from Denmark.....is the band D.A.D. still around???  i love those guys!!!

Hi Jacques

Have been to Sweden for the last weak but all along went the black beauty - and it sure is the best thing I ever had played, this thing plays itself and have allready learned me a thing or two, I didn't know, I could play. This beauty is sure one heave baby to wear for longer gigs - but then again, I haven't complaned of the kilo's extra, I gained over the Christmas holidays.

So the final deal is: I loose a couple of kilo's matching that extra, the Heritage weights. 

Got the guitar safe and sound February 8. after the tax-man have had the guitar nearly a week to assure, that it was OK for me to import the thing. 14 days went by before i finally could try out the H157 (or a Heritage for that matter) for the first time - I'm no longer a virgin  ;D

The price for shipping to denmark was around 55 euro, and the tax I had to pay was nearly around 280 euro. I can assure, it is all the money worth.

Are you in the marked for another Heritage, and if, what type are you looking after. I can see from the threads in here, that the "By more Heritage"-disease is one who just runs in the blood of HOC's.

(To the non-HOC's: watch out, if you ever buy one of these gorgeous creatures, you're addicted and are going to buy more...)

Hi Jacques

Have been to Sweden for the last weak but all along went the black beauty - and it sure is the best thing I ever had played, this thing plays itself and have allready learned me a thing or two, I didn't know, I could play. This beauty is sure one heave baby to wear for longer gigs - but then again, I haven't complaned of the kilo's extra, I gained over the Christmas holidays.

So the final deal is: I loose a couple of kilo's matching that extra, the Heritage weights. 

Got the guitar safe and sound February 8. after the tax-man have had the guitar nearly a week to assure, that it was OK for me to import the thing. 14 days went by before i finally could try out the H157 (or a Heritage for that matter) for the first time - I'm no longer a virgin  ;D

The price for shipping to denmark was around 55 euro, and the tax I had to pay was nearly around 280 euro. I can assure, it is all the money worth.

Are you in the marked for another Heritage, and if, what type are you looking after. I can see from the threads in here, that the "By more Heritage"-disease is one who just runs in the blood of HOC's.

(To the non-HOC's: watch out, if you ever buy one of these gorgeous creatures, you're addicted and are going to buy more...)

First of all: :uwp:

Well thanks Jørgen, for this wide range of inside information. With the pics I would like one or two of your belly. We can appoint an HOC Comittee of Belly-Watchers to control, inspect and judge Jørgen-Denmark's belly in the coming months.

At the moment I am not in the market for a new Heritage. As a European you know the USA is a sinking ship and everybody there is spending either presidential or loaned money on another Heritage for as long as they can because they all know one day there will be no more Heritages for them to buy. Everybody will be bankrupt and soon there won't even be electricity for the amps to make the Heritages shine. Why did'nt I get a solar panel?

I am jealous though of Brent's STAT.

What you are referring to with the the "By more Heritage"-disease is called GAS in these circles. It is an abreviation of Guitar Acquisition Syndrom. We all have this. It shows that -although most of us are around 50 years old and have grown up in the Seventies which were much better than the Sixties because we did not have to struggle like they had to in the Sixties- we are victims of our materialism. Our only comfort is when we play good music on the guitars. Every day.

Nice looking guitar.  I'll bet that thing is a bit on the heavy side.  We need to design a back brace for playing the 15X line of guitars. 

Archived