Heritage Owners Club

mr fed ex man says he is comming tomorrow

big bob

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rehab has begun. So far T have removed most hardware, and removed the neck and you will never believe what I found.

under the schaller tail piece I found quite a few ball ends from strings

the pups are original but only two lead

the neck pocket and the neck are both marked 56 with marker

and in the neck pocket there is a unpainted, but still clear coated, square, looks like the slab is in fact maple! sure explains the weight.

post-463-1252631210_thumb.jpg

post-463-1252631279_thumb.jpg

post-463-1252631333_thumb.jpg

I was thinking it had to be maple to attain that density. You can do knee bends while you gig thereby killing two stones with one, sweet bird!

I wonder if Heritage had an excess of flamed maple the day they made you ax. I feel like a drunken bar broad saying this but, you may get lucky! Congrats!!!

The cool factor is getting better all the time! What is the 56 on the neck and neck pocket? Did they match them and put a number on them to make sure they didn't get seperated or does it mean something else? Can't wait for the finished product!

just can't get past how similar these pickups are to the Gibson L-6S Deluxe. Solid black covers with 3-point adjustment. Think it was maple body, too. Seems too similar for coincidence....

http://www.elderly.com/items/images/30U/30..._body-front.jpg

I'm thinking maybe they had some leftovers!

The cool factor is getting better all the time! What is the 56 on the neck and neck pocket? Did they match them and put a number on them to make sure they didn't get seperated or does it mean something else? Can't wait for the finished product!

That would be my guess.

I have her stripped, I have not removed the electronics (yet) I'm hoping I can work around them, Have the serial # and logo protected. hopefully tomorrow I can hit it with the buffer and rubbing compound and see what I get. I hope I wont need to wet sand (for sure would have to remove the guts for that)

Hey steiner lets see that cool strat you just modded

Hey steiner lets see that cool strat you just modded

Yes Dear - And what a lovely Strat she is! She fits in with her sisters far better now; accentuating the cunning array of stunts. I'll get Mrs. Steiner to whip out her camera tomorrow and prove it!

Bob - it's a little known fact that the Mai Tai got it's name when two Polynesian alcoholics got in a fight over some neckwear.

Yes Dear - And what a lovely Strat she is! She fits in with her sisters far better now; accentuating the cunning array of stunts. I'll get Mrs. Steiner to whip out her camera tomorrow and prove it!

Bob - it's a little known fact that the Mai Tai got it's name when two Polynesian alcoholics got in a fight over some neckwear.

Yes, lol, "good one johnny"

I feel like a drunken bar broad saying this but, you may get lucky!

You may feel like a drunken bar broad but my money says you will get damn few takers. ^_^

I had some time to try the buffer and some rubbing compound on the back, it did ok but still a lot of scratches and the lacquer checking was real prominent. So I busted out the 2000 grit wet paper and some turpentine and sanded her down, then buffed her out a second time, the scratches are gone the lacquer checking is there but feint, I'm hesitant to sand any more as I don"t want to go through to wood. I plan on wet sanding the sides and front and then a buff out. Hopefully I will be happy with her at that point but if not might consider a new lacquer job. the neck on the other hand buffed out great.. I could not be happier with it.

post-463-1252697350_thumb.jpg

post-463-1252697404_thumb.jpg

post-463-1252697442_thumb.jpg

+1 on the guard dog. I like checking too, as long as it's the pretty kind you've got there. I wouldn't change it. Adds grunches to the "this is a cool old guitar" factor. I think if you put this back together more or less the way you got it, with a setup, it will be superfine...

+1 on the guard dog. I like checking too, as long as it's the pretty kind you've got there. I wouldn't change it. Adds grunches to the "this is a cool old guitar" factor. I think if you put this back together more or less the way you got it, with a setup, it will be superfine...

the black dog likes the black guitar.

My plan is to clean up the guitar as best I can. then put back together however if the finish is still super bad I will refinish. so far the neck (picts to come ) is perfect, the body I will reserve judgement on until I wet sand the whole thing. the hardware is super clan any way but will get buffed out. the only change I might make is a bigsby.. but not sure.

I really like this type of work, I find It relaxing. so i'm in my element.

the neck is done.. and it turned out 100 % better than I ever would have hoped. the neck is straight as a can be with almost no truss rod adjustment just a hint of relief.

The headstock and neck buffed out beautifully

the hardware cleaned up great, I even polished the screws.

the rosewood board is nice and deep and the frets have some ware but very minimal.

over all a super cool three pc neck.

post-463-1252795654_thumb.jpg

post-463-1252795706_thumb.jpg

post-463-1252795763_thumb.jpg

wow..you are turning it into a treasure!!!

The neck has been a dream to work on, the body is cool in that it is solid maple, but the lacquer checking will definitely test my patience.

The super high output schallers are cool, I'm feeling like I got lucky.. but the hard part is yet to come.

Archived