Heritage Owners Club

I've been "Slaughterized"

brentrocks

The Heritage Slaughter "ROCK" arrived today....had to meet my parents for dinner so i havent had a chance to crank it yet.

I like the balance, like the neck, like the headstock, like the color, like the shape....it has a Schaller humbucker, so it should sound pretty darn good. All i got to do was put some 10s on it, polish it up, lemon oil the fretboard and strum it a lil.

I will have some pics tomorrow

The Heritage Slaughter "ROCK" arrived today....had to meet my parents for dinner so i havent had a chance to crank it yet.

I like the balance, like the neck, like the headstock, like the color, like the shape....it has a Schaller humbucker, so it should sound pretty darn good. All i got to do was put some 10s on it, polish it up, lemon oil the fretboard and strum it a lil.

I will have some pics tomorrow

those are schaller high output pups... the neck and mid are the same as the stat dlx. but the hum is far different than any schaller you have played ..

and my end of the deal,

she is awesome...

post-463-1259808616_thumb.jpg

post-463-1259808697_thumb.jpg

Congrats, Lance! I've been out of the loop, and I didn't realize you guys were horse trading. I'm glad to see that Katie's guitar stayed in the family...seems only right! That piece also helps confirm your status as King of the One-offs!

I know I know - I keep saying/posting this, but that guitar is simply STUNNING. Great pics, really shows off the exquisite top and contrast of the light back. Your clips playing it shows it sounds awesome as well (still nightmares of that giant hand, but oh well...).

Congratulations - that's one guitar that I still angst over as I'd just love to have that in the stable. I've burst envy fer shure.

If someone were to tell me about a burst with those colors..Just describe it to me, i would probably think UGLY!!!..But man that is a fine looking guitar!!

I was pleasently surprised to find out that it does have the vari-phaze system on it! the back pot is a push/pull for the humbucker. pulled up splits it and as you roll it on, it puts it out of phase!!!

it rocks pretty good!!!!

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

Excellent , You captured the mahogany perfectly. BigBob told us this had some sweet wood to it...

I'd expect that one to rock as good as any. I can picture Sammy Hagar playing it... ( I was goin' to say EVH, but his would be one PU and no vari-phase)

Wow! Thank you for the nice photos. It's a looker. I really like the tension between the modern cut and the natural finish.

The belly cut on that thing is phenomenal. Now that I've started to wade into the guitar building side of things, the belly cut on that thing really jumps out at me as a fine piece of craftsmanship. If they put that much effort into the belly cut, the rest of the guitar must be phenomenal.

Wow! Thank you for the nice photos. It's a looker. I really like the tension between the modern cut and the natural finish.

The belly cut on that thing is phenomenal. Now that I've started to wade into the guitar building side of things, the belly cut on that thing really jumps out at me as a fine piece of craftsmanship. If they put that much effort into the belly cut, the rest of the guitar must be phenomenal.

I love the body style! the access to the upper register is really smooth, like the H 357. It is a 2-piece body. love the stinger and the headstock shape! it is amazing how a 19 yr old guitar can still be in such good shape, eventhough it was technically, "NOS", it was in a big city in Europe....thats a long time!!!!

The frets are perfect....the action is great too. I love the sticker on the back of the headstock, its from the store in Amsterdam, where it was originally delivered to by Heritage. The only thing i wish is that i had the original Heritage rectangular case....i cant believe they shipped it over seas with out a case. I shipped 1 guitar to Europe with out a case and i pretty much had an anxiety attack!!!

The tone is very simmilar to the H 357, both sold mahogany...the slaughter is maybe a lil brighter on the bridge pup.

I love the body style! the access to the upper register is really smooth, like the H 357. It is a 2-piece body. love the stinger and the headstock shape! it is amazing how a 19 yr old guitar can still be in such good shape, eventhough it was technically, "NOS", it was in a big city in Europe....thats a long time!!!!

The frets are perfect....the action is great too. I love the sticker on the back of the headstock, its from the store in Amsterdam, where it was originally delivered to by Heritage. The only thing i wish is that i had the original Heritage rectangular case....i cant believe they shipped it over seas with out a case. I shipped 1 guitar to Europe with out a case and i pretty much had an anxiety attack!!!

The tone is very simmilar to the H 357, both sold mahogany...the slaughter is maybe a lil brighter on the bridge pup.

I've been following your purchase for weeks and months and I'm delighted to see that you're elated. It's great to see an HOC'er overwhelmed by a purchase :D

I couldn't be more happy for you....but when do we get to hear it? ;)

Congrats!!! ;)

Brent, you know the body resembles the Dean Cadillac in a few ways, though I think the Slaughter pre-dates the Dean..

I remember my first Heritage catalog, the one the year the Gary Moore model was introduced, I thought..wow, these guys aren't afraid of some weird shaped guitars, kind of like a certain Ted McCarty who came before them!!

yngwie308

Brent, you know the body resembles the Dean Cadillac in a few ways, though I think the Slaughter pre-dates the Dean..

I remember my first Heritage catalog, the one the year the Gary Moore model was introduced, I thought..wow, these guys aren't afraid of some weird shaped guitars, kind of like a certain Ted McCarty who came before them!!

yngwie308

Archived