Heritage Owners Club

New 2x12 combo in the house!

gopeteygo

Brought home a brand new all black Mesa Lonestar Classic yesterday. Traded my LP Custom for it and still came out quite a bit ahead for what I had in it. I loved that Custom but it was very dark sounding and really preferred my 150 to it. I'm not one to push a guitar under the bed and if it doesn't get played, out it goes. I played it for about 2 1/2 hours with my 150. WOW! I really enjoyed some seriously great cleans! It took pedals very well. I was a little concerned because I had a Stiletto Ace (yeah, different animal) for awhile and never did really bond with it and it seemed to require too much tweaking. This Lonestar has similar controls on it, but it wasn't difficult to dial in good tones. I'm really looking forward to getting the speakers broke in. I'm also wondering how my EVM12L pair would sound in this amp in place of the new C90s. The C90s sound very good, but of course they're pretty tight.

I've been thinking that I've been through a lot of gear in the last few years, all the while sort of learning and discovering who I am and what suits me sonically (not to mention the fun of it). I feel pretty fortunate to have been able to do it and it's really nice to have gained a little knowledge and experience with gear and to be able to make some informed decisions. It wasn't very long ago that I had never owned a tube amp! I think I may have found a keeper here!

Yikes, I up to 4 amps. It may be time to sell something. ;)

Lone Star Classics rule!!! Yeah, baby!! ;) Enjoy that new 2x12. Just be careful picking it up. Remember to bend at the knees!!!! ;) BTW, did you get the big fat *ss casters the originals came with? They are truly kewl.

Nice score. Love my LSC.

Not a fan of C90's though they sound alright with the Mesa Electra Dyne.

In case you already didnt know, try messing around with the FX level. Its another gain stage and can change the feel of the amp some what. I usually set it to about 2-3:00 unless I just want big cleans then I back it down to 12:00.

Congrats on the new amp.

Lone Star Classics rule!!! Yeah, baby!! ;) Enjoy that new 2x12. Just be careful picking it up. Remember to bend at the knees!!!! ;) BTW, did you get the big fat *ss casters the originals came with? They are truly kewl.

Yeah I have the casters, but I'm not playing out so it won't be moving around much. I love the way they just slide in and out with the press of a button....no tools needed! And yes, Tully, I am aware of that as Andy Timmons gives some pretty good instruction on dialing in the 2nd channel, which is a little tougher than dialing in the clean. HA, fxdx, that speaker is for my stereo system, it's an old Fisher. I bet my EVM12L would put it to shame. I think I'll be trying that very soon! Let me tell you it's not bad with a strat either!

Andy Timmons anyone?

I used both the 212 LSC and LSS for different gigs before I went with the LSC head.

I pretty much figured I didnt care about the weight. Sounded just right for me.

The reason I got the head was because I could have it immediately but had to wait 1 week for the combo.

Congrats man. I have the predecessor to the Lone Star, the Maverick, and absolutely love it. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I had a Maverick Prototype. The techs at Mesa told me they did 125 prototypes of that amp, then let the salesmen, employees and friends have them. You'll see them in the market occassionaly. I had played a production Maverick and thought the prototype would be similar. Wasn't so. Not even the same beast. Looked quite a while for a production Maverick and gave up. Got any pics of yours? Here's mine.

post-220-1260889648_thumb.jpg

Archived