Heritage Owners Club

Heritage David Paul Signature guitar

Krohawk2

David Paul's an uber-talented guitarist in the 'chet atkins' type style. Didn't know he's no longer a Heritage artist. At PSPI there was a guitarist (James Brown) who played that model. I don't have a pic of him although there are some around - a blueburst finish, 'long arm' vibrato... he, too, is an accomplished player and his guitar fit that genre really well.

At PSPI there was a guitarist (James Brown) who played that model. I don't have a pic of him although there are some around - a blueburst finish, 'long arm' vibrato... he, too, is an accomplished player and his guitar fit that genre really well.

Right, Randy. Although not a lot of folks heard James in the barn that afternoon, I think he had the definitive set at PSPI. He played along with a cd that Ren ran through the PA. James is a tasty, fluid player in the Travis-Chet vein. Vince Margol says he's a terrific teacher, as well.

Right, Randy. Although not a lot of folks heard James in the barn that afternoon, I think he had the definitive set at PSPI. He played along with a cd that Ren ran through the PA. James is a tasty, fluid player in the Travis-Chet vein. Vince Margol says he's a terrific teacher, as well.

James played while we were eating. I think that CD was a recent release for him. It was an awesome set. Very fluid and articulate. Hope he comes back.

Oh, I heard him alright.... I just didn't want to take the stage after him.

A "REAL" guitarist, no doubt!!!!

Ummmm...

Forgive me for saying it, buy I think I like the guy playing the Taylor better...

Really? Well to each his own, that what makes this place different.

• 3 months later...

David Paul (guitarist)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search updated (February 2010)

David Paul (born November 1st, 1956), is one of the top five Fingerstyle guitarists in the world today and is often referred to as "The Maestro of the Guitar."

Inspired by the music of Chet Atkins, Paul has been playing the guitar since he was seven years old, and he performed in his first recital at age eight. Later, he played with the Garden State Orchestra at age ten as a guest soloist.

David Paul is recognized as one of the best Fingerstyle guitar players and is known for his unique musical arrangements, along with his original compositions. Reviewers have said of him: ‘He is the most creative finger-style guitarist on the planet’ (The New York Times); "The closest living guitarist in sound, feel and approach to Chet Atkins" (Guitar Player Magazine). The late Chet Atkins said, ‘David Paul would become one of the best guitarists in America and has the same sense of approaching a song as I in sound and arrangements!’ Paul has been in the top 5 on the best sellers list four years in a row with the biggest Internet sites for this kind of music.

Snowbird Records said Paul's playing was so good that Heritage Guitars, formerly Gibson Guitars, has made a model called the "David Paul Signature Guitar.” Paul’s sixth CD, Stradivarius in the Closet, was nominated for two Grammys, and his newest CD, There's Only One, David Paul, promises to be up for several more. He is now working with PBS for a syndicated show in the fall. Paul continues to play for large audiences around the United States.

Now this guitar is on ebay! Go to ebay and put in search box Famous Guitarist David Paul's Prototype Guitar

David Paul (guitarist)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search updated (February 2010)

David Paul (born November 1st, 1956), is one of the top five Fingerstyle guitarists in the world today and is often referred to as "The Maestro of the Guitar."

Inspired by the music of Chet Atkins, Paul has been playing the guitar since he was seven years old, and he performed in his first recital at age eight. Later, he played with the Garden State Orchestra at age ten as a guest soloist.

David Paul is recognized as one of the best Fingerstyle guitar players and is known for his unique musical arrangements, along with his original compositions. Reviewers have said of him: ‘He is the most creative finger-style guitarist on the planet’ (The New York Times); "The closest living guitarist in sound, feel and approach to Chet Atkins" (Guitar Player Magazine). The late Chet Atkins said, ‘David Paul would become one of the best guitarists in America and has the same sense of approaching a song as I in sound and arrangements!’ Paul has been in the top 5 on the best sellers list four years in a row with the biggest Internet sites for this kind of music.

Snowbird Records said Paul's playing was so good that Heritage Guitars, formerly Gibson Guitars, has made a model called the "David Paul Signature Guitar.” Paul’s sixth CD, Stradivarius in the Closet, was nominated for two Grammys, and his newest CD, There's Only One, David Paul, promises to be up for several more. He is now working with PBS for a syndicated show in the fall. Paul continues to play for large audiences around the United States.

Now this guitar is on ebay! Go to ebay and put in search box Famous Guitarist David Paul's Prototype Guitar

It sounds as if he wrote that himself. Sorry. The story I was told is that Ren Wall was on vacation and happened to hear David Paul and his backup guitarist Chris Bovard playing. Ren was inspired as he is also a Chet stylist. He went back to Heritage and told them that they had to give these guys their own signature models. Heritage followed through with complaints from Lane Zastrow then head of marketing for Heritage. He complained that no one has any idea who these guys are. That is how I heard about it when I asked Lane "who are these guys?" I met David Paul's father in law at the Philly guitar show the next year where he raved about his son in laws talent on the guitar but David was too busy that weekend to come to the show. I believe that both of those models saw very limited production.

Dennis

It sounds as if he wrote that himself. Sorry. The story I was told is that Ren Wall was on vacation and happened to hear David Paul and his backup guitarist Chris Bovard playing. Ren was inspired as he is also a Chet stylist. He went back to Heritage and told them that they had to give these guys their own signature models. Heritage followed through with complaints from Lane Zastrow then head of marketing for Heritage. He complained that no one has any idea who these guys are. That is how I heard about it when I asked Lane "who are these guys?" I met David Paul's father in law at the Philly guitar show the next year where he raved about his son in laws talent on the guitar but David was too busy that weekend to come to the show. I believe that both of those models saw very limited production.

Dennis

Dennis,

We hear at the David Paul Fan club are very aware of his bio. From our understanding told in interviews over the years

that James Brown a great David Paul fan (now) in Kalamazoo's backyard and heard a song played on the Internet and was so taken back when he found out that It wasn't Chet playing but convinced it was, but it was David Paul. Mr. James Brown contacted Rendell Wall immediately about David and asked David to come in and designed a David Paul Signature Model Guitar for the world to purchase.Here is the part of the story that not many people know.

There was a first Prototype Guitar made and was rejected by David Paul so they made a second one with a thinner body much heavier Guitar at 16 pounds plus with the idea of sustain being the main reason. With David's special process to amplify this Guitar it became of of his signature sounds which identified David Paul to the world as a great player with a great sound. We at David Paul Fan club have found out that this is the actual Guitar used in many concerts,recordings,DVDs and Cd's. Guitar player magazine has credited David Paul as being one of the closest sounding living Guitarist to the Great Chet Atkins and a original artist in his own right . This Guitar has been quoted to sound like a cross between Gibson and a Gretsch and the HRW pickups are wound extremely tight in this one.

Lane Zastrow was never on board with David Paul's involvement with Heritage and subsequently this Guitar model did not survive, but the artist did. This is a piece of Guitar history on ebay and some lucky person is going to get this Great Guitar.

Listen to this

Dennis,

We hear at the David Paul Fan club are very aware of his bio. From our understanding told in interviews over the years

that James Brown a great David Paul fan (now) in Kalamazoo's backyard and heard a song played on the Internet and was so taken back when he found out that It wasn't Chet playing but convinced it was, but it was David Paul. Mr. James Brown contacted Rendell Wall immediately about David and asked David to come in and designed a David Paul Signature Model Guitar for the world to purchase.Here is the part of the story that not many people know.

There was a first Prototype Guitar made and was rejected by David Paul so they made a second one with a thinner body much heavier Guitar at 16 pounds plus with the idea of sustain being the main reason. With David's special process to amplify this Guitar it became of of his signature sounds which identified David Paul to the world as a great player with a great sound. We at David Paul Fan club have found out that this is the actual Guitar used in many concerts,recordings,DVDs and Cd's. Guitar player magazine has credited David Paul as being one of the closest sounding living Guitarist to the Great Chet Atkins and a original artist in his own right . This Guitar has been quoted to sound like a cross between Gibson and a Gretsch and the HRW pickups are wound extremely tight in this one.

Lane Zastrow was never on board with David Paul's involvement with Heritage and subsequently this Guitar model did not survive, but the artist did. This is a piece of Guitar history on ebay and some lucky person is going to get this Great Guitar.

Listen to this

It wouldn't surprise me to know that Lane's story has inaccuracies in it. Actually when this model came out I looked into David Paul as a player and I have heard quite a bit of his material in the past. I have a customer in this area who has been a friend of his for most of his life. The two of them played together for years. As a dealer I wanted to know if he had a following that would help to sell the guitar. I make no issue of his talent!

Thanks,

Dennis

What a great finger-picker!!

Did any of you notice that David Paul's second guitarist (on Strat and Taylor acoustic) was Chris Bovard?

Chris is also a monster player, endorsed by Heritage. Ever hear of The Kahuna model? Sure you have.

Here's a link confirmning the connection between David and Chris...

Chris Bovard Kahuna

Anybody know anything about the David Paul guitar? It was produced for a couple of years, and now he is not even listed as a Heritage artist.

Listen to this

Archived