Heritage Owners Club

Question concerning my new H535

GrandpaLarry

Hello fellow Heritage lovers. I have a question about my H535, which I've only had about two weeks.

The label inside the F hole reads; "Heritage Guitars Custom Shop." The instrument appears to be a stock H535 with no custom appointments as far as I can tell.

The dealer from whom I purchased my axe is Kevin McDonald, who owns Tema Guitars. He believes that the Custom Shop label is used on guitars that are built to order for the dealer, rather than shipped from existing stock. The serial number on my guitar indicates a build date of day 122, 2005. My calculations make that out to be April 1. An April Fools prank??

Does anyone here have any other info on this?

I believe your dealer may be correct. I had a Goldtop H-150 with an ebony fingerboard and block inlays that had the custom shop tag on the inside of the control cavity cover. Also on your serial number does the number say 122? Heritage starts at 365 and counts down while Gbrand starts at 001 and counts up. If yours is 122 then it would have been made around the first of September. In any event you have a fine instument, and welcome to the HOC!

Of the 5 Heritages I've had/have, two had custom shop stickers. And none of my custom ordered guitars have custom shop stickers. And one has no sticker at all. :dontknow: I once asked Ren if they put custom shop stickers inside all the guitars. "Certainly not", was the reply. I think we need to compile a list of questions to ask them this year at the PSP.

And GrandPa Larry. Welcome to the forum. Now, where are the pics of the guitar? First cardinal rule in the forum, if you're going to talk about a Heritage, we need to see it. B) Otherwise, it didn't happen.

No "Custom Shop" on the Centurions sticker... just lots of signatures... :)gallery_1051_3_30965.jpg

That is the COOLEST Heritage accessory I have ever seen.

That is just too awesome.

Another reason for me to love the Centurion guitar!

That 535 is a real keeper!

I'm new here too. So far I have really enjoyed myself.

The guitar photos are excellent and the people are great!

2008 Custom shop ToneProse Bridge and Tailpiece, Grover tuners, I replaced the Seth Lovers with High order pickups.

Another nice looking 535.

One think I have to say, this group has more lefty's that anyplace I've ever seen! Wonder why that is....

One think I have to say, this group has more lefty's that anyplace I've ever seen! Wonder why that is....

Clearly, the HOC is a very, very sinister place....

And Larry, that's a beaut! The perfect color for a 535, and that's a really nicely sprayed burst!

Hello fellow Heritage lovers. I have a question about my H535, which I've only had about two weeks.

The label inside the F hole reads; "Heritage Guitars Custom Shop." The instrument appears to be a stock H535 with no custom appointments as far as I can tell.

The dealer from whom I purchased my axe is Kevin McDonald, who owns Tema Guitars. He believes that the Custom Shop label is used on guitars that are built to order for the dealer, rather than shipped from existing stock. The serial number on my guitar indicates a build date of day 122, 2005. My calculations make that out to be April 1. An April Fools prank??

Does anyone here have any other info on this?

My 2007 535 in Golden Amber has the Custom Shop label, the only reason I can think of why that might be is that particular finish is not listed on the Heritage site, maybe it is only available through a custom order from a dealer ?

pics ...

535label.jpg

gallery_328_8_13130.jpg

and for good measure another very sinister looking 535

gallery_328_8_75225.jpg

B)

Archived