Heritage Owners Club

What amps are heritage owners playing

Then there's the 1958 "Dump Deluxe", found with its beaten and torn cover protecting the tweed underneath it.

Picture681.jpg

Picture682.jpg

I remember that story, and it is simply over the top.

I found a quarter the other day and you find a mint '58 Deluxe in the trash. Something must be wrong with my Kharma, LOL!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike, the BEST clean sounding amp I ever played was a Super that looked just like that one. I went into Willies (local vintage store) to check out some pedal. Sales guy plugs it into a Super there on consignment and pulls down a Rory strat (the sneaky bastard knew EXACTLY what he was doing...). Was the most beautiful clean/full sounds I'd ever heard from an elec guitar/amp. The pedal was quickly dismissed as it just got in the way. All I needed was 5 grand and some change to leave the store with tone nirvana. A slight obstacle that stood in the way. Did go back a week later to seriously see about that amp, but it was gone. For me, that's the one that got away. The kind of amp that elevates one's playing beyond existing skill level.

Rob, your amp building quests sound like just too much fun. How interesting to describe the sound in your head to someone who can translate it to a circuit that does just that. Your new amp sounds great - just the right mix of warmth/breakup/volume to make a perfect gigging amp.

Was that a for real, honest to goodness Super? '50s Tweed 2x10? Simple controls, not much flash? One of my gigging amps is a Super Tweed clone. What a great amp! But $5k? Hmmmmm. :P

Victoria 5112 into a h137 Dc
Hmmmm. That must some control cavity on that 137 ............. ;)

I remember that story, and it is simply over the top.

I found a quarter the other day and you find a mint '58 Deluxe in the trash. Something must be wrong with my Kharma, LOL!!!

When i was a kid my grandfather and i found a large mechanics toolbox full of tools and a tiesco guitar with a small amp(dont remember make) at a dump. There was a young couple across the street and she had thrown out hubbies stuff! I got rid of that guitar as soon as i got something better but i wish i had kept it there kind of collectable now.

Here is my Black Face Deluxe Reverb 115 Clone. I just made a new grill cloth for it:

IMG_0350.jpg

Here is my 6G16 1963 Brown Face Vibroverb 210 clone:

IMG_0235.jpg

Here is my Halle (Duble ODS) Clone:

IMG_0107.jpg

Got to head off to bed, I'll have to post the rest later.

Here are some more of my amps:

59 Bassman clone:

IMG_0647.jpg

Tweed Princeton clone:

IMG_0953.jpg

Here is a picture of my Tweed Deluxe Clone, 5C1 Tweed Champ, Tweed Princeton and Tweed Bassman clones having a family reunion:

IMG_0333.jpg

My JTM-45 Clone:

IMG_0977.jpg

My 18 Watt 212:

IMG_0629.jpg

I also have a Cybertwin SE, a G-DEC 30 and a little Solid State Bass amp.

Here are some more of my amps:

59 Bassman clone:

IMG_0647.jpg

Tweed Princeton clone:

IMG_0953.jpg

Here is a picture of my Tweed Deluxe Clone, 5C1 Tweed Champ, Tweed Princeton and Tweed Bassman clones having a family reunion:

IMG_0333.jpg

My JTM-45 Clone:

IMG_0977.jpg

My 18 Watt 212:

IMG_0629.jpg

I also have a Cybertwin SE, a G-DEC 30 and a little Solid State Bass amp.

Wasn't the JTM45 based on a Bassman circuit?

Wasn't the JTM45 based on a Bassman circuit?

according to Ken Fischer (et al.) it is that circuit. just different components & other physical stuff, e.g. cab, speakers...personally i prefer the Marshall, but i've heard some great tweeds...

I'm a Dr. Z guy, through and through. I just got back from Z-fest last weekend, which is a shop tour/meet 'n' greet/jam for Doc's forum members. I've been to three of the four they've had it and have met some really cool people (and great players!). I have an SRZ-65, a KT-45 combo, and a Mini Z combo. Looking to pick up one of Doc's ~20 watters, but it's so hard to pick just one!

Here are the big boys:

post-2156-1278068940_thumb.jpg

I'm a Dr. Z guy, through and through. I just got back from Z-fest last weekend, which is a shop tour/meet 'n' greet/jam for Doc's forum members. I've been to three of the four they've had it and have met some really cool people (and great players!). I have an SRZ-65, a KT-45 combo, and a Mini Z combo. Looking to pick up one of Doc's ~20 watters, but it's so hard to pick just one!

Here are the big boys:

great stuff. i'd love to take a 20/40 out for a spin...

Here are the big boys:

Carmen Ghia combo player here. It's the goto amp. I've tried the Jaz 20/40 and thought it was an outstanding amp! Would love to have one. Almost bought a Galaxie, but lordy it was loud! This past winter one of the local jams had a Prescription Jr. for us to use. Nice amp, as well. Anything new at Z-fest to pass on?

Nothing to *boutique'y for me. I've been playing a U.S. made Fender HrDlx for 10 or 15 years.

works great. For jazz gigs I did just get a Henriksen JazzAmp 110.

Pretty cool 120 watt amp in a small box. Loud and clean and only weighs 23 lbs.

For bass and acoustic I have a Centaur Acoustic PA. It's a 120 watt multi-channel amp

with a single 15 and tweaters. Versatile for lots of stuff.

I just keep putting tubes in the following amps

1971 Fender Super Reverb

1971 Fender Bassman 10

1966 Fender Showman (I use this for bass with an old acoustic 2 15 cabinet)

Fender Blues Deluxe (not Reissue)

Roland Cube 30 (my only solid state amp ever)

this little amp blows me away craigslist $100 I've never taken it out to gig, I'm thinking of sitting in with my friends band and taking it out just to see what it does with a band.

That's it Over and Out Al B

• 2 weeks later...

For blues & rock with my H535 I play two amps:

Allen Accomplice Head, RCA grey plate 6V6s with a pine, open back 1x12 cabinet with a 12" Tone Tubby alinco H1E

Li'l Dawg D-Lux Head, modified by Jimmy Somma, RCA black plates, mercury magnetics pt/ot, open back pine 1x12 cabinet with a Weber 12A150A

For jazz & chord melody with my Sweet 16:

Acoustic Image Clarus IIr Series III with a Raezers Edge Nightwawk 10ER cabinet

006.jpg

This is my latest set-up, from the bottom up.

on the floor-Ground Control Pro-midi foot controller

Grundorf 21 space rack contains-

two Mesa Thiele 1/12" cabs loaded with EVM-12L speakers

Furman AR-1215 voltage regulator

above that is a blank plate

at the top of the rack is an ART SLA-2 poweramp

On top of that rack in its own two space Carvin rack is the new Axe-Fx Ultra

on top of the Ultra rack is a Line 6 Relay G30 wireless receiver

behind the rack on the floor is a Furman Power Factor Pro power conditioner

I could have placed the Axe-Fx in the main rack by removing the blank plate & moving the Furman out of the rack but decided to do it this way to allow easier movement of the Axe-Fx once I start recording again.

NASA needs that back. Can't launch spacecraft without it.

Actually that's kind of how I felt when I got it wired up & started screwin' around with the presets (OMG what did I get myself into?). But with a little perseverance it's all starting to make sense, and the sound/tone is just over the top. It is far above & beyond anything I've ever been able to obtain from any of a multitude of tube amps, many of which I used for several years. The depth of control over just the amp models themselves is already taking me sonically way beyond even the very finest amps I've ever played (let alone owned) and I'm not even messing with the EFX yet. I can honestly say that after five days with this extraordinary box I'm going to be.....very busy for quite some time. Expect somewhat sporatic reports from here on out.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived