Heritage Owners Club

What amps are heritage owners playing

Here is a topic that I have not seen on this forum. What amps to you guys own?

I own:

Diezel Vh4 and matching cab

Soldano Avenger 100

Line 6 Vetta

Marshall JCM 900 cab with V30's beat to hell and sounds amazing

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a topic that I have not seen on this forum. What amps to you guys own?

I own:

Diezel Vh4 and matching cab

Soldano Avenger 100

Line 6 Vetta

Marshall JCM 900 cab with V30's beat to hell and sounds amazing

Nat, there's this thread in the Amp section that has 4848 views, and 185 replies. Mmmm, thinking we might have covered this once or twice. .... :D

Not that we mind discussing these thing ad infinitum. Altho' this might be better in the Family section (thats for the Mod when he decides to move it).

For me:

'57 5E3 Deluxe clone

'58 5F4 Super 1x12 clone (faboo amp, btw). Gigging amp when I don't feel like dragging the Z.

Vox AC30CC1, with NeoDog. This is probably my fav amp, but has joined the ranks of too heavy

Dr. Z Carmen Ghia. My current gigging amp when I don't take the Super.

Mesa Lone Star 1x12.

Thats all for now. Others have many many more than I do.

I currently own a Marshall DSL50 head with a Mesa 4x12 cabinet. I also have a Peavey Vypyr 30W practice amp.

I'm also looking to downsize. I don't really need the power of a 1/2 stack, so I plan on selling the Marshall/Mesa combo and possibly buying something like a Swart Space Tone Reverb or a Fuchs Blackjack 21.

I'm also looking to downsize. I don't really need the power of a 1/2 stack, so I plan on selling the Marshall/Mesa combo and possibly buying something like a Swart Space Tone Reverb or a Fuchs Blackjack 21.

Either of those would be killer amps with your current stable of guitars. :D

And I see I guessed wrong on which room you'd move this thread to. Duh, should have guess the Amp section. :D

The best amp i have ever owned.... Rivera R-55

IMG_0924.jpg

Brent, I've owned a BBE for years but I use it for my mixing board. How are you using it on your amp?

Fender Pro Reverb, 1970 silver face, no master volume, black faced to perfection by Andy Fuchs & an

Evans 850 custom. The arch tops sound great through the Evans. The Strats, semi hollows and '59 RI . . . R9 sound great through the Fender Pro

Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Standard/ Carvin LM12A's (2 spkr cabinets)

Awesome! (And a Blackheart Little Giant)

How do you like the Axe-FX? I find them intriguing but nobody around here has them, so I can't 'play' with one.

My amps are:

HOOK Captain (6L6)

Marshall DSL 2000

Fender Pro Reverb

Cabs: Marshall 1960A 4 x 12 and two times Marshall 1912 1 x 12 all loaded with Celestion Vintage 30

You guys have some awesome stuff!! My amp herd;

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue (with the "Fritz" mod to put reverb on channel 1 as well, takes pedals better now, too.)

Peavey Classic 30 w/ Weber Blue Dog Speaker and JJ Tubes

Tranyor YCV40

Fender Blues Junior with the "Billm" mods

Fender Super Champ XD

Roland Cube 15 (Does this even count?! I just picked it up from the local pawn shop for $43 to take on a recent vacation!! haha!)

I'm pretty sure I could whittle it down to the DRRI and Classic 30, but why?!

Main amp is the Traynor Dark Horse head and cab. In the 6V6 Deluxe-y camp, but brings tons of versatility to the table, too. Cab currently loaded with stock 25W Greenback, but also looking forward to playing with the Weber Blue Dog and Silver Alnicos I just picked up. Also haven't yet had a chance to play it through the Marshall 1966B that is currently loaded with a pair of Celestion Century Vintage neos.

also in the rotation for change of pace:

old Traynor YGM-3 - great trem but a little too gritty for what I usually do. Loaded with a late 50's Jensen P12N currently.

Vox Pacemaker - EZ81 rectified EL84, made in US. Blew the original speaker (it just sounds great dimed), Weber 10F125 or 150 in it now.

Traynor YBA2A head - like a YGM-3 head w/ no verb or trem.

oh, and a cool little tube rectified 6V6 Bogen db110 (feedback removed, could use more preamp gain I think) that I have fun with...

guess I need to update my signature...

HI Nat120,

As a pro player,I've got a few goodies in my armoury.Generally,for gigging I used either a mid 80's Fender London Reverb.It's compact & powerful.I had an EV speaker in it for years,but it tired,so I've fitted a top of the range 12" Jenson.Much lighter,and sweeter.The other amp I take is a mid 80's Fender Concert Head with a 2 x 10" Fender cab.I bought this unit as a back up to my other amps,so it's laid,cocooned in my gear store for 25 years,untouched,and is probably the best sounding gigging amp I own,bar one.Both these were designed by Paul Rivera for Fender.The very best is a Dual Showman Fender head,non master volume,silverface, from about 1970.I couple this with a 2 x 12" Fender cab for big gigs. I also have a Fender Piggy Back 'Tremolux' ,Blonde,from about 1964.Stop at home stuff & recording I have a choco brown Fender Deluxe from about 1963.This is is magnificent condition,and is stored in a vault with a 1965 black Vox AC 10 Twin that looks new,even it's original cover.I've other heads,an HH tranny from the '70's no.10068,with valve emulation,a Selmer Treble & Bass head from whenever in the '60's,in black with blue speaker cloth,and an unusual Phoenix hybrid amp head from late '60's,early 70's.This has 3 small tubes in the pre amp,solid state power section.For home practise,I use a Peavey 'Decade',fitted with a small 8", I think,Jenson speaker that makes all the difference in the world.I've also got a little 'Carlsboro' Buddy,battery & mains,just in case the power goes off.For bass,I use an Acoustic 118 combo with a 15" EV,70 watts,never been on full,sounds great.It may seem a lot & unnecessary,but it's tools of the trade,and you never know what's around the corner,plus they're probably gaining in value too !

Couple any of these with either my C140CM for rock/pop.or my H575 for jazz/big band,and they all sound great,even the solid state amps.Tip of the day ? Buy the best you can possibly afford.As you can see,a good amp can last 30/40 years,and at the end of that time,you can sell it for more than you paid for it.Tip 2 : Always take your own guitar to the store to try an amp.Now...What's this under the spare bed ?

Peter Alton Green ( U.K.)

The RIVERA R 55 is on top of my wish list. Awesome amp!!

Thanks man! I bought it used on the MLPF....got a pretty good deal, got it for $750...i think they are like $1250 new?

Hi,again Nat120,

Part 2. I keep forgetting you guys like to see photo's of stuff,so I dragged the lounge curtains down as background,and pulled out my current gigging amps.

Photo1 : London Reverb.Great for Pops,Jazz.Fantastic Overdrive,great graphic.A great all rounder.

Photo2 : London Reverb on 2 x 10" Fender extension cab,for the larger venues.

Photo3 : Concert Top on the 2 x 10" cab.Stored for 20 odd years,discovered & now loved.This is now my current first choice.If you're going to store any amp,bags of silaca gel,strong plastic bags & a cardboard box will save it.See how your Fender or Marshall amp arrived.Not in the outside garage,please !

Photo4 : What was under the spare bed ? Oh yes a 1959 Les Paul Standard signed by Jim Marshall,the amp man,when I met him in 1997.I must be able to do something with this old guitar ? (See Part 3 ! )

post-1702-1276089430_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1276089466_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1276089502_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1276089533_thumb.jpg

Part2 B,

Still can't get it right ! Here's the photo's( I hope Peter Alton Green )

post-1702-1276090387_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1276090412_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1276090429_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1276090444_thumb.jpg

Archived