Heritage Owners Club

What amps are heritage owners playing

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And finally,after much meddling & getting it wrong & unable to correct......................

Part 3 :

How many of you thought 'The Lucky B*st*rd '

C'mon,you didn't really think I had a '59 Standard under the spare bed,did you ?

The signature IS genuine,by the way.

Peter Alton Green.

post-1702-1276091182_thumb.jpg

How do you like the Axe-FX? I find them intriguing but nobody around here has them, so I can't 'play' with one.

You must go to their website- For years I searched for the "tone"...I could never decide on a Bogner Shiva, a Dr. Z Z28, an old Marshall Plexi, a Matchless , Bad Cat etc...then I saw the Axe Fx on YT...started a quest, learned what I could- It is the No Sh*t "tones" I have always wanted...Awesome, flexibility- can run w/ or w/o power amp, w/ or w/o spkrs...can go direct to board...awesome stuff! amp sims, cab sims, effects galore...I have heard all the crap about "tube this tube that"- if you didn't know, you can't tell...look for Sam Hill Band, Mark Day is the guitarist he posts stuff on YT all the time, His SOUND IS INCREDIBLE and huge! Check it out... Mark

And finally,after much meddling & getting it wrong & unable to correct......................

Part 3 :

How many of you thought 'The Lucky B*st*rd '

C'mon,you didn't really think I had a '59 Standard under the spare bed,did you ?

The signature IS genuine,by the way.

Peter Alton Green.

Pete, you even had me going there, but I know you would not let any one write on any of your guitars.... How about I autograph your 335? By the way, I met Jim Marshall down at his factory in Milton Keynes about six years back. Did you know that he personally gives each employee a Christmas gift and an easter egg every year?

By the way, I wish I still had my marshall plexiglass, but it was too loud if the truth be known.....

1963 Ampeg ReverbRocket II 7951's new in 1965 - 1988 SS Roland D15 - Vox AD15Valvetronix -

2007 Goodsell Super 7 Plus -Head & Cab

2009 Swart Tweed STR Combo

2010 Valvetech Hayseed 15 EF86 & TopBoost Weber Alnico Blue Combo

2010 Nolatone Rotten Johnny G12H30 Combo (second one built- and waiting for the ASW 60 speaker)

All the tone I need.

The best amp i have ever owned.... Rivera R-55

IMG_0924.jpg

Didn't Rivera used to work for Fender, then went out on his own?

Didn't Rivera used to work for Fender, then went out on his own?

he was on his own, then joined from about '81 to '85; largely responsible for the "II" series (i've had several Concert II's), then went back out on his own...great guy & family (i've had a number of Rivera amps, too)...kinda like the Heritage of the guitar amp world in a lot of ways

Somewhere I listed this stuff, but this time I'll add a few pics:

For gigs I use either my Carr Slant 6 1x12, usually sitting on a Rivera 2x12 Cab (Vintage 30s):

002-4.jpg

Or (if I think I can really crank it up) my Rivera "Chris Duarte" BM-100 1x15, which I just got modded so that I can finally adjust the level of the build in clean "ninja" boost.

004-3-1.jpg

An amp that I use a lot for school and for more intimate gigs is my Rivera Pubster 1x10. I had trouble getting a decent clean sound out of this amp, until the tubes finally completely died and I replaced with a set of NOS GE's I had kicking around. Now, it has a very appealing warm sound, and it's light, easy to carry around, and it looks pretty much like a typical little Fender, so I can take it places where I don't want to be "showing off" my fancy stuff. Sometimes humility in gear is a virtue.

002-12-1.jpg

Then there's my "dumble," or at least as close as I'll ever get: my Musicman RD-100, last amp from my first round of gigging in the 80s, modded by Fuchs as ODS. I've only taken this amp out a couple of times, but one day, I'll have a chance to play in a style that will be right for this amp. It does the Dumble bloom thing wonderfully.

006-3.jpg

Then, I have my recently acquired Carr Rambler 1x15, and some other stuff that either is definitely on the block, or may soon go there:

Mesa Blue Angel: for sale

Rivera Clubster 1x12: bought this when I didn't think I could get a good clean sound from the more portable Pubster.

Fender DRI: was in a fire at an area store, sold cheap, I picked it up from original buyer even cheaper. With the Rambler, not sure I need it, and certainly don't need it and the Clubster.

I've also got a little roland cube 30 at school.

Then there's the bass stuff, some of which will also go on the block. Main rig is a Demeter tube pre-amp through Crown MA-600 power amp through Music Man Audiophile 2X12. I double on bass in our band, and primary bass player finally got a rig that I like to play through, so my bass stuff very seldom leaves the house any more.

Have mercy, Mike! As a personal favor, I'm asking you to stop posting pics of your amps...just too painful to see those gorgeous boxes and not be able to plug in instantly!

On another front, some of you are familiar with "The Note," my custom build 2x12 35 watt El-34 piggyback, built for me by my friend George Bitar. Well, we have another one. 25 watt 1x12 combo, also an El-34 amp, but with different details. Did the first shakedown last night. Bummer! The old Celestion Greenback I acquired for it is blown. So we stuffed one of George's Weber AlNiCo Jensen clones into it. Very, very nice! Warm, not dark, with just a hint of sponginess, yet well defined mids. Really nicely tapering brown breakup around two-o'clock. Not a particularly loud amp, but exquisite tone. Can't wait to get it dialed. The box is based on a tweed Deluxe, but tolexed in burgundy and creme, reminiscent of a mid-late 50's GA-40. Pics when I can get my hands on the amp.

Have mercy, Mike! As a personal favor, I'm asking you to stop posting pics of your amps...just too painful to see those gorgeous boxes and not be able to plug in instantly!

On another front, some of you are familiar with "The Note," my custom build 2x12 35 watt El-34 piggyback, built for me by my friend George Bitar. Well, we have another one. 25 watt 1x12 combo, also an El-34 amp, but with different details. Did the first shakedown last night. Bummer! The old Celestion Greenback I acquired for it is blown. So we stuffed one of George's Weber AlNiCo Jensen clones into it. Very, very nice! Warm, not dark, with just a hint of sponginess, yet well defined mids. Really nicely tapering brown breakup around two-o'clock. Not a particularly loud amp, but exquisite tone. Can't wait to get it dialed. The box is based on a tweed Deluxe, but tolexed in burgundy and creme, reminiscent of a mid-late 50's GA-40. Pics when I can get my hands on the amp.

Alright!! Looking forward to the pics.

and yeah, some great amps and pics here. Just great.

Yeh - full agreement on this cool thread. The Carr and Fuchs amps I bet are a bunch of fun to play, Larry - have Robben Ford on my ipod for walking the dogs and have been enjoying his tele sounds with that bloom you describe. Very cool.

Mike, the BEST clean sounding amp I ever played was a Super that looked just like that one. I went into Willies (local vintage store) to check out some pedal. Sales guy plugs it into a Super there on consignment and pulls down a Rory strat (the sneaky bastard knew EXACTLY what he was doing...). Was the most beautiful clean/full sounds I'd ever heard from an elec guitar/amp. The pedal was quickly dismissed as it just got in the way. All I needed was 5 grand and some change to leave the store with tone nirvana. A slight obstacle that stood in the way. Did go back a week later to seriously see about that amp, but it was gone. For me, that's the one that got away. The kind of amp that elevates one's playing beyond existing skill level.

Rob, your amp building quests sound like just too much fun. How interesting to describe the sound in your head to someone who can translate it to a circuit that does just that. Your new amp sounds great - just the right mix of warmth/breakup/volume to make a perfect gigging amp.

My primary amps are '80s all tube Dean Markley amps... I picked up my main amp , a CD-40 and was blown away with the sounds... warm cleans and it could do a smokin' rock sound with the Drive and Gain turned up. post-1051-1276198700_thumb.jpg

So I found a 120 watt version and while it rocks..it seems an insane amount of power, although nice through a 4x12.

I really end up playing the 40 watt most of the time ( it may have been modified a bit before I got it ) post-1051-1276197008_thumb.jpgpost-1051-1276197175_thumb.jpg

Here's some eye candy for you; a 1960 Fender Super.

Picture666.jpg

Picture667.jpg

All I can say is....... I want it!!!!!!!

WOW!!! Some incredible amps on here. I'm not jealous at all!! ;)

I use a Trace Elliot Trident combo with EL34's and I also have a Trident head as a spare (again with EL34's), a Laney TT100 head. an old Marshall JCM900 50w combo, an Orange Tiny Terror, Marshall 1922 and 1912 cabs and a selection of rack gear, including a Marshall JMP-1, a Sansamp PSA1, a Rocktron Voodu Valve, a Podxt Pro and Marshall and Rocktron power amps.

The recent addition of an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo means I can control any or all of my gear via MIDI which I find really helpful for live work. I'm now seriously thinking about a G System.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome is a terrible thing! ;)

post-2065-1276261980_thumb.jpg

post-2065-1276262011_thumb.jpg

Feast your eyes on this beauty; a 1961 Fender Vibrolux, all original except the leather handle and in near mint condition. Many original leather handles dry rotted over the years and literally fell apart. I've yet to find any brown Fender as clean.

Picture471.jpg

Picture488.jpg

Archived