Heritage Owners Club

What amps are heritage owners playing

Feast your eyes on this beauty; a 1961 Fender Vibrolux, all original except the leather handle and in near mint condition. Many original leather handles dry rotted over the years and literally fell apart. I've yet to find any brown Fender as clean.

Picture471.jpg

Picture488.jpg

Mike please stop!

I had to clean up the screen after I got so excited!

I want both (no, that's not right), I want all your amps!!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike please stop!

I had to clean up the screen after I got so excited!

I want both (no, that's not right), I want all your amps!!!!

I'd settle for that speaker. Hang it on the wall as art (when it wasn't in use!)

Hi Slider313,

Your Fender Super is in the same livery as my '63 Deluxe.Must dig it out & post a photo for the 'Droolers "

Peter Alton Green ( U.K.)

Hello Peter,

The brown Fenders were made between late 1959 (the first was the Vibrosonic) and mid 1963. Those brown Deluxe amps are real pedal killers. Turn it up to 7 or 8 and back down on the guitars volume and it has a fairly clean tone with a little "hair" on it. Turn the guitar volume up and it's the best overdrive and sustain you've ever heard. The Vibrolux stays clean pretty much until it hits 8.5-9 on the volume knob. The Super, on the other hand, is a beast past 4 and is another amp where you can hang the sign, "No Pedals Needed."

Hi slider313'

Thanks for that info.The reasons I got the amp in the first place were thus : I'd heard that Wes Mongomery used the one at Creed Taylor's studio to do his recordings there ( I have a 1968 Gibson L5,custom ordered for me ).Saved him carting his amp.If you listen to these recording,at certain points,usually during bass octave passages,you can hear the amp break up a little,also,it just looks Soooo Cooool, without the Fender Logo on the speaker grill .The other reason was I tried one in a shop with a Jazzmaster & instant Ventures ! I was smitten.I had to have one.That's it,the camera's coming out.Watch the amp space !

Peter Alton Green.

Surely,this must be my last entry on this subject,but I wouldn't count on it !

Picture 1 : My Choco Deluxe.There's a test label on the top dated 1996,which means it's lain dormant for 14 years !

Picture 2 : The backside,showing speaker & back panel.

Picture 3 : With the '68 Gibson L5.These two together....Magic !

Picture 4 : The rear of the L5,just to prove it's not a cardboard cutout ! Now,why would I do that ?

post-1702-1276361383_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1276361407_thumb.jpg

post-1702-1276361428_thumb.jpg

No,not that game again ! I loaded the photo's in the correct order,but they loaded in reverse order,but I know you're all bright enough to spot that.The one that didn't load is (hopefully) here ! Ole.

post-1702-1276363572_thumb.jpg

Nice Deluxe Peter! I recently worked on a friends '62 and installed a Celestion G12H30 along with a pair of RCA 12ax7a's and JJ6V6's. It turned out to be an amazing sounding Deluxe. Here's a shot of my '65 blackface.......

Picture575.jpg

Picture1167.jpg

Hi 'slider313' ,

You win.I know those amps sound great.They have the treble & bass controls that make all the difference.The modern Fender Deluxe Reverb is their best sounding amp. 22 watts of heaven. The Super with 2 x 10's ( if my memory is correct ) is another great amp.There was an English guy called Mick Green ( No relation ),who played with a band called Johnny Kidd & the Pirates in the U.K. during the '60's.He used a Tele with a Super.One of THE great Telecaster players.Check him out on Facebook - The Pirates.

I was fortunate enough to meet him in a cafe in Doncaster ( NOT Telecaster,that's down the road ! ) when he'd just joined the Pirates.He was playing a '59 Les Paul Junior D/C,like I was at that time (1964).He went through a few groups in the U.K.,the 'Dakotas',Shanghai,Paul McCartney's band to name a few,and backing Englebert Humperdink ( right name,wrong spelling ).Unfortunately,he died earlier this year.By the time he's got to the enclosed photo,he'd moved to a Marshall half stack.He still sounded great,though.

Peter Alton Green.

post-1702-1276379480_thumb.jpg

Thanks man! I bought it used on the MLPF....got a pretty good deal, got it for $750...i think they are like $1250 new?

Hi Brent,

it's difficult to get an R 55 on the second market in Germany. We don't have to many Rivera amps in Germany anyway. I don't know why. Sometimes the problem is to find a good distributor.

A found one on the bay two weeks ago. It was a R 55 with two speakers and it went for 1.000 EUR.

You can get new RIVERA amps easily. But as I checked out an older model, I would be interested to get an older one. I just have to be patient. There is an old chinese saying: "comes time, comes rivera" :o

The clean sound was the best clean sound I've ever heard and the crunch departmend was better than what I call a great marshall sound.

So congrats to your great amp !

Hi Brent,

it's difficult to get an R 55 on the second market in Germany. We don't have to many Rivera amps in Germany anyway. I don't know why. Sometimes the problem is to find a good distributor.

A found one on the bay two weeks ago. It was a R 55 with two speakers and it went for 1.000 EUR.

You can get new RIVERA amps easily. But as I checked out an older model, I would be interested to get an older one. I just have to be patient. There is an old chinese saying: "comes time, comes rivera" :o

The clean sound was the best clean sound I've ever heard and the crunch departmend was better than what I call a great marshall sound.

So congrats to your great amp !

btw: that's what new Rivera's cost in Germany:

RIVERA Clubster R 45 1200 EUR

RIVERA Knucklehead 100 2.999 EUR

RIVERA KR 55 2799 EUR

That's a bit of money, right ?

My all time favorite is my blackface Super, next is a late 70's Vibro Champ. The rest of my amps are nothin special just work horses.

btw: that's what new Rivera's cost in Germany:

RIVERA Clubster R 45 1200 EUR

RIVERA Knucklehead 100 2.999 EUR

RIVERA KR 55 2799 EUR

That's a bit of money, right ?

OMG YES!!! very expensive!!!

thanks for the compliment!!! i love it very much!!! great clean tone....and nice crunch!!!!

Stop it some more!

O.K. If you insist. Oct. 1964 Vibrolux Reverb and actually from the first production run. The tube chart reads "NJ" and the serial #A00123. I boxed the original Oxford speakers and baffle board, then had Larry Rogers make me a plywood board with aged grillcloth. Blackface Fenders had composit wood baffle boards and sometimes the speaker mounting screws come loose. It's not fun playing "find that rattle". The grillcloth also had a nice hole in it where someone would place a mic for recording. Tweed and brown Fenders had plywood baffles.

Picture698.jpg

O.K. If you insist. Oct. 1964 Vibrolux Reverb and actually from the first production run. The tube chart reads "NJ" and the serial #A00123. I boxed the original Oxford speakers and baffle board, then had Larry Rogers make me a plywood board with aged grillcloth. Blackface Fenders had composit wood baffle boards and sometimes the speaker mounting screws come loose. It's not fun playing "find that rattle". The grillcloth also had a nice hole in it where someone would place a mic for recording. Tweed and brown Fenders had plywood baffles.

Picture698.jpg

Oh my, I'm going to be sick...with envy!!

Great amps!!

Picture698.jpg

Thanks Mike, that is better.

Finally an amp that I don't have to lust for because I have my '67 blackface Vibrolux Reverb.

Now I can eat dinner tonight in peace!!!! LOL

Hey John,

Enjoy your dinner this evening......

pro.jpg

Mike,

I used to have a ProReverb and that amp is probably the closest amp that my Chicago Blues Box Kingston 30 sounds like.

I will be able to keep my food down fine, UNLESS you post any more brown Fenders (that would make me week in the knees)!!!

Mike,

I used to have a ProReverb and that amp is probably the closest amp that my Chicago Blues Box Kingston 30 sounds like.

I will be able to keep my food down fine, UNLESS you post any more brown Fenders (that would make me week in the knees)!!!

Every time I check this thread Mike has another amp up ;)

When will the madness end!?! (...hopefully never, I love amps and this is an awesome thread!)

I agree, this is a great thread. Amps, I have a Fender Twin '65 reissue and a Fender Acoustasonic. For bass a Trace Elliot head and single 15 Eden cab. But, I recently purchased a Swart ASR and used it at a gig this weekend - WOW. The Swart can be clean, rich and go directly to heavy distortion if you want. This amp is really something. For PA, I use a Bose PAS system and I ran a feed from the Swart into the Bose and the overall sound was huge. Just for kicks, I tried my Taylor 412 acoustic with the Swart and the sound was also great as well. Typically I play a Heritage 575 custom or Taylor T-5. Amp Heaven.......... Bulldog

Archived