Heritage Owners Club

New amp day....soon

Guest tomdread

Guest tomdread

Getting one of these :D

TM-front.jpg

TM-Rear.jpg

Review when I get it and actually keep it. (bad track record of almost keeping stuff but bailing at the last minute) :D

Hanging out for it to get here.

I met Bruce Egnater for the first time a couple weeks back. He seems like a real nice guy.

The amp you're looking upon is an idea he (Bruce) has worked on for decades. I have a buddy with one; he sounds darn good through that particular amp. It appears that after much time, people tend to get it right and this amp has sounded right every single time I've seen it.

Congratulations on the score. Assuming you've purchased another ampilfier as of late; Happy NADs!

Guest tomdread

Yeah 4 channels. Some dont like multi channel amps with stacks of buttons and knobs but I like them.

I will still be keeping the Mesa Lone Star and Fenders. Just want something different. Ill probably end up dialing each channel to sound like amp and pedal combination's I already have :D

That was what I liked about my Flextone, with the floorboard you had 4 channels..I had Crispy Clean, A Little Dirt, Nice Overdrive, and Paint Peeling..Say what you will about digital amps, but I used that thing on stage for the better part of 5 years and it served me well..Till I spilled a beer into the controls..DOH!!

Guest tomdread

Still waiting. Probably arrive Tuesday next week while Im on the other side of the country for a few days knowing my luck.

Im quite impressed by the Egnater range. The little rebel 30 is a cool little head. Inspired me to try 6v6's in my Mesa LS. (yet to do, but Ive got the 6v6's on order)

Guest tomdread

So....no....not yet :o

Two weeks from now....I cant sustain gas that long. Why should I wait when some turkey on the other side of the country gets to have my amp? What about a little bit of love for the guys in the most isolated city in the world. Give me a break, I put my order in nearly 2weeks ago.

Theres only one in the country????? you gave it to some one else????? who asked for it after I did??????

Excuse my bitter disappointment in the service you provide. You do realise this was meant to be the start of a mutually beneficial ongoing business relationship???? Yes I still want it, take one off some one over East and airfreight it to me.

Two weeks still.

I thought you'd given up on getting a new amp? Gas is gone, don't need one, all that stuff. Especially after you bailed on that one after taking it home. Hmmm, I'm thinking you've got gas as bad as any of us! :D

Guest tomdread
I thought you'd given up on getting a new amp? Gas is gone, don't need one, all that stuff. Especially after you bailed on that one after taking it home. Hmmm, I'm thinking you've got gas as bad as any of us! :D

Its been nearly 3 yrs since my last mad rash of gas expenditure. If its in you, you gotta get it out. B)

This isnt so much gas inspired as a coldly calculated and analysed purchase. Much like buying a hammer or set of G clamps. It fills a need for a new project Im working on.

Not to much emotion other than impatience attached to it. The impatience is a killer though. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Got an Egnater t-shirt today. Whoopdeef******doo. I cant be bought that easily. Token gesture. Its to big. Its an XL. Throw some salt into the wound and rub it in with a sharp stick. Sadistic p****s smirking down their sleeves over in a dark corner.

Everyone else on the HOC new amps, ax fx, new old amps, NGD's, great time at the 2010 PSP, happy smiley people everywhere.

All I wanted was one cheap, mass produced, Chinese made amp head. They can make 15,000 a week give or take a few.

Grrr mumble whinge complain sigh. :D

Oh yeah.....patience is over rated. Its something for other people to cultivate. I prefer a good fist waving, head banging, foot stamping woobly. A good flail about.

Ok Im good now.

2weeks=14 days not 24 right? ;)

On the upside,......nah........ I cant think of anything :huh:

That's probably 14 BUSINESS days. So Sundays, Saturdays, holidays, casual Fridays and stormy Mondays don't count!

Hope it comes soon. You might take a few days vacation, it will be sure to arrive the day you leave! ;)

Got an Egnater t-shirt today. Whoopdeef******doo. I cant be bought that easily. Token gesture. Its to big. Its an XL. Throw some salt into the wound and rub it in with a sharp stick. Sadistic p****s smirking down their sleeves over in a dark corner.

Everyone else on the HOC new amps, ax fx, new old amps, NGD's, great time at the 2010 PSP, happy smiley people everywhere.

All I wanted was one cheap, mass produced, Chinese made amp head. They can make 15,000 a week give or take a few.

Grrr mumble whinge complain sigh. ^_^

Oh yeah.....patience is over rated. Its something for other people to cultivate. I prefer a good fist waving, head banging, foot stamping woobly. A good flail about.

Ok Im good now.

:D:D This cracked me up... :lol:

TWO WEEKS FROM WHEN???????

That would have been the most important question to ask!!!!!

I called yesterday just to check if my amp was on the way and what was the ETA.

"About two weeks mate"

Really, you said that 2mnths ago.

"aw dude, it'll be there soon man"

But you said you had one in stock and you had marked it in your data base as mine.

"Tully, mate, dude,man,dude, sorry man,dude, what can I say"

sigh...........

On the bright side though, I was late for work today by an hour. But the person who wouldve cared the most was even later.

Its the small things.....

Dude man dude

If it t'were me (and yeah, it's not) I'd have to return that sucker just on principles (principals? can never remember which). Assumming you ever actually get it ........ y'know ......... dude?

If it t'were me (and yeah, it's not) I'd have to return that sucker just on principles (principals? can never remember which). Assumming you ever actually get it ........ y'know ......... dude?

There is a sub plot that runs along with this wait that has become a private joke for myself and I do get some satisfaction from. Not totally satisfying but I love the irony of it. Wish I could share it without sounding like to much of a wanker. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, Im about as relaxed and laid back as you get. I just dont care about most things that others get in a dither about.

My new H150 had a few store dents on it. My custom ordered PRS turned up with the wrong fretboard. My strat had finish blemishes in it. It took me 8mnths to get the right head shell from mesa and two times to get it right...... meh so what.

All I want to know is how long is 2 weeks. Last week I was told it was dispatched Monday so I should have it for the weekend or Monday at the latest. Today I was told they havent got any in to send me. 2 weeks.

Theres a slight sense of pissed offedness creeping in to my otherwise fairly unaffected disposition. I dont like it.

It seemed so simple,"hey I like that amp, I'll take one". "Cool, we have one and Ive put your name on it. 2 weeks"

Pretty much over it. Way to kill the enthusiasm and excitement.

Funny........ they want me to sell these for them!!!!!!!! Good luck with that.

Seriously, Im about as relaxed and laid back as you get. I just dont care about most things that others get in a dither about.

My new H150 had a few store dents on it. My custom ordered PRS turned up with the wrong fretboard. My strat had finish blemishes in it. It took me 8mnths to get the right head shell from mesa and two times to get it right...... meh so what.

All I want to know is how long is 2 weeks. Last week I was told it was dispatched Monday so I should have it for the weekend or Monday at the latest. Today I was told they havent got any in to send me. 2 weeks.

Theres a slight sense of pissed offedness creeping in to my otherwise fairly unaffected disposition. I dont like it.

It seemed so simple,"hey I like that amp, I'll take one". "Cool, we have one and Ive put your name on it. 2 weeks"

Pretty much over it. Way to kill the enthusiasm and excitement.

Funny........ they want me to sell these for them!!!!!!!! Good luck with that.

Actually.....Im in the cold, vengeful anger stage. Totally PO.

so.... you got it?

Yeah, Im at work so obviously Im giving it a good going over ;) .

No suprises. Its what I expected. A nice natural progression of gain as you go through the channels. Not a real high gain head but plenty enough for what I need it for. More Marshally sounding than anything but with its own twist. Thinking clean JTM45ish on ch 1 and a pushed version on ch 2. Havnt spent to much time on ch3 and 4 yet but what I tried on them I liked. Jcm800ish maybe. Dont want to call any of it a straight out Marshall clone because it isnt.

So far Im happy and leaning towards forgiveness B)

Edit: Tomdread is pretty happy also :dance_mini:

Archived