Heritage Owners Club

H-157?

Blunote

I came across an ad for this older H-157. Thing is, it doesn't resemble any 157 I've seen before. This one has a Florentine cutaway, no binding on the back, looks like no binding on the fretboard and uncovered pups. But it does have block inlays.

Could this just be the way they made them in '88?

1988 H157 ad

As I suspected...

I've never seen a 150 with the Florentine cutaway & wondered if that may have been how Heritage made them in the early years.

There's also a guitar listed on Ebay as a 1994 Millennium that looks suspicious: 1994 Millie?

Didn't think Heritage sold Millennium Editions until the 1999 or 2000.

As I suspected...

I've never seen a 150 with the Florentine cutaway & wondered if that may have been how Heritage made them in the early years.

There's also a guitar listed on Ebay as a 1994 Millennium that looks suspicious: 1994 Millie?

poor Millenium! looks like somebody didnt have a case!

As I suspected...

Looks like the seller didn't know much about his own guitar. He's corrected his ad to show the Millie is a 2004 model, not a 1994 one. He'd also erroneously posted a picture of another guitar showing the neck bolted on with 3 screws which he has removed.

It has the shape of a Millie, but I think it's a laminated top. There's no access panel on the rear. Seller doesn't know.

I think he'd do better with the sale if he did a little homework first.

I have the same guitar in vintage sunburst. It's an 'h158 Millenium'(according to my sticker inside- even though I ordered a basic 'h158' direct from the factory -and yet the sticker also read 'millenium').

it has laminated top and back. the carved ones have a flat back for the aforementioned access panel.

I live in Morris County NJ. That thing has been tempting me for months. But, it looks kinda worn, and dirty, and also has no case. Probably needs a full set up and possibly fret dress as well. $900 is too rich for a guitar in that shape that I may need to put $200-300 into to make playable and have a hard shell case for.

Archived