Heritage Owners Club

NGD

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

First, the neck isn't cracked, which is a plus. And the stinger is straight.

As I had searched for, this one has a medium (not thin) neck. The neck has a bit of a uniform bow from 13-56s for five years, but I'll lighten those strings tonight and let it steep until the morning. Then I'll adjust the truss rod a bit. It's not bad now, but it will be better.

It's hard to judge the tone acoustically because there are flatwounds on it. But it is at least very good.

The strap button was placed where I wanted it.

Concerns: I don't know if I'll want a tone knob. Maybe not. If so, that's not hard to fix.

Complaints: F*****g end hole jack. That can be changed, but it really doesn't bother me that much. I just wanted to use an expletive. I can get a right angle plug and all will be well.

I've tried to load a bunch of pics. I won't be able to tell if this works until I post it. Here goes.

post-1723-1279295262_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279295288_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279295305_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279295326_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279295341_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279295362_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1279295375_thumb.jpg

Judging from the pics, you must be very happy. It has the right stuff and I'll bet the tone knob isn't an issue.

I trust that you'll enjoy spending some time with this Sweet 16.

It is a good day when you receive a Heritage like this .. enjoy.. and ... tell us more.

Guest mgoetting

The pup is set up much better than on my old GE. This rests lightly on the face and really doesn't float. It easily slides off the pickguard. And it's much more stable. When I rested my fingers on the guard of my GE, the pup would dip slightly, altering the string volume.

That's a huge improvement IMO. The "floating" floating pup is the main reason I let the GE go after my five year affair with it.

I find it takes a little longer to adjust to a thicker neck, like the 16 has, but they have a nice, substantial feel to them. And maybe what they say is true: fat neck, fat tone.

Great looking guitar Mark. What year is this 16? That's a beautiful spruce top. Very clear and tight grain. From the pics, the guitar looks flawless. I know that Heritage has been getting some outstanding spruce lately. It looks like some care was taken when the wood for this guitar was selected. Will you have this with you at PSPIII?? Wish I could see some better pics of the rims?? (But, then again, this request is coming from a guy who hasn't been able to post any pics yet.)

Dig the blonde. You have a very good looking guitar there. I have the tone knob, and for me, it is a set it and forget it item. I have bumped it on occasion while strumming. It seemed like a plus to me when I got my sixteen, but today, I wouldn't go to the effort of getting it installed. I have no idea what you play, and so this is just me and my opinion. I seem to play acoustically much of the time, and the effect of the tone knob is pretty subtle unless I plug in.

Guest mgoetting
Great looking guitar Mark. What year is this 16? That's a beautiful spruce top. Very clear and tight grain. From the pics, the guitar looks flawless. I know that Heritage has been getting some outstanding spruce lately. It looks like some care was taken when the wood for this guitar was selected. Will you have this with you at PSPIII?? Wish I could see some better pics of the rims?? (But, then again, this request is coming from a guy who hasn't been able to post any pics yet.)

Great looking specimen. If it plays as nice as it looks, you've got a keeper! That's one of the sweetest looking necks I've seen in a while too!

+1 on that!! Love the quilt on the back of the neck!! Is that a stock pickup? ENJOY!!

Guest mgoetting
Wow you are unstoppable. Nice addition.. what's next?

I'm waiting for the Little One to arrive. If that's okay, I'll sell my Hohner G3T, since the li'l dude will fill that roll.

I've started a 6-12 month schedule of learning Jimi Hendrix material via several DVDs. My new 160, once it's finished with Pete Moreno's setup, will be tuned down a half step and be the work horse for that project.

I'm also working on classical jazz with Mimi Fox's Truefire material. I've been using the 550 for that but will now use both the 550 and 16 there.

My prediction is that I'll thin out the semi-hollows. That's tough because they're all wonderful. I'll keep the Millie Eagle because of the medium neck. There's no hurry in deciding.

Someday I'll probably get a full sized Florentine cut arch (anyone want to trade one for a headless?). But I have enough to work with for now.

The pup is set up much better than on my old GE. This rests lightly on the face and really doesn't float. It easily slides off the pickguard. And it's much more stable. When I rested my fingers on the guard of my GE, the pup would dip slightly, altering the string volume.

That's a huge improvement IMO. The "floating" floating pup is the main reason I let the GE go after my five year affair with it.

I find it takes a little longer to adjust to a thicker neck, like the 16 has, but they have a nice, substantial feel to them. And maybe what they say is true: fat neck, fat tone.

I'm definitely not an expert, but I believe that's true!!

Guest mgoetting
+1 on that!! Love the quilt on the back of the neck!! Is that a stock pickup? ENJOY!!

It's stock.

From 2004? That's great! Judging from all of the build up that I'm seeing on the finger board, that guitar hasn't been just wall art or sitting in a case for the past 6 years. It appears that it's been played quite a bit ... . which is a great thing. I would be that gorgeous spruce top has been rung in and that it's opened up quite a bit. Floating pup, must be X braced. It's got to sound great acoustically and it's gonna just sing when you plug it in.

Guess that's why I never encountered that problem with the contact I have had with floating pickups. I don't rest my hand on the guard as much as I did a number of years ago. I will if I play rock or something still though. Jazzier stuff, not at all.

Guest mgoetting
is there a hole in the sound board under the pickup? How does she sound unplugged lets say compared to an acoustic?

Thanks

Lance

There is no hole. The wires go through the f hole.

Acoustically, it sounds like there's flatwounds on it- a little muddy and muffled. The unwound strings couldn't sound better.

The pickup easily slides off and the wiring unplugs if'n you want a pure acoustic sound.

There is no hole. The wires go through the f hole.

Acoustically, it sounds like there's flatwounds on it- a little muddy and muffled. The unwound strings couldn't sound better.

The pickup easily slides off and the wiring unplugs if'n you want a pure acoustic sound.

Nice ... Pics please..

Guest mgoetting
Nice ... Pics please..

Pics of the area under the pickguard? Or something else?

Your wish is my command.

Congratulations, Mark! You won't have me chasing after that one, however, as I enjoy LISTENING to jazz, but have never attempted to play it!! I AM glad you wanted that baby badly, however, or I may not be sitting here with my/your Millenium strapped around my neck, as I surf the web and noodle aimlessly on a hot, hot, Friday afternoon. :thumbsup:

Guest mgoetting

Put on 11-49s. Two easy adjustments of the truss rod. The action is ridiculously low, maybe 2-3/64ths at 12 without buzzing. I may even raise it for comfort.

Sounds really good. It's bright, as arches are, and has decent lows. It doesn't boom like a Martin with bass tones.

Good, good, good.

I regret selling two guitars in my life..... my Sweet 16 is one of them.

Why didn't I listen to Prof. Rob "Yoslate"????!!!!

_DSC1899-Edit2.jpg

_DSC1901-Edit2.jpg

Archived