Heritage Owners Club

525 on the way!

jazzalicious

So....after much deliberation (do I need another guitar?........carved vs laminate....I've become a carved snob after my Golden Eagle and 575 Mahogany, as well as the guitars that I sell as a dealer which are all carved) I finally ordered the 525 that a dealer was holding for me. Should ship tomorrow or later this week, or perhaps Monday (don't want it sitting in a warehouse through the weekend).

Hoping the reviews that you all gave work out for me.

Seems like I get do anything with this guitar (play jazz/teach.....you name it).

Here are some more pics (posted some a few weeks back).

Let you know when I get it how it is, and let you know who the dealer is (want to get it first, but so far....very great guy, GREAT prices, excellent service, patient with many questions).

take care

Jazzalicious

post-122-1279649701_thumb.jpg

So....after much deliberation (do I need another guitar?........carved vs laminate....I've become a carved snob after my Golden Eagle and 575 Mahogany, as well as the guitars that I sell as a dealer which are all carved) I finally ordered the 525 that a dealer was holding for me. Should ship tomorrow or later this week, or perhaps Monday (don't want it sitting in a warehouse through the weekend).

Seems like I get do anything with this guitar (play jazz/teach.....you name it).

Let you know when I get it how it is, and let you know who the dealer is (want to get it first, but so far....very great guy, GREAT prices, excellent service, patient with many questions).

take care

Jazzalicious

man, that's gorgeous!!

That one is a beauty .... with a warm vintage look. Classic Heritage for sure.

The 525's are certainly quite popular around here, with a devoted following.

Can't wait to hear your review... !

more pics of the 525 on its way!! (can't seem to upload more than 1 at a time...any ideas how?)

Jazzalicious

Great looking guitar.

On the pics, you have 1.5mbs of space when uploading from your computer. If you have two pics that total more than that, you can't upload them both at the same time. If you'll watch the left side of the screen where you are uploading the files, you'll see how much space you have left for each post using the Attachment System.

If you have them in a webfolder and are just referencing the url, then there doesn't seem to be a limit. BTW, one of these pics was 895mb (+/-) leaving you with around 605(+/-) mbs for your other upload.

Guest mgoetting

You've been on the quest for one of these for some time. Congratulations.

The 525 concept is super. It seems like Heritage can't make them fast enough.

I am particularly interested in the hum level of the Lollars. They seem to be okay, which is great news.

BTW, are you sure the dealer will ship to Canada?

take care

Jazzalicious

Sorry, but you have been mislead. The 525 sound like crap and you should have it re-routed to Ohio, where it can be in lesser hands.

Whoever told you this was maybe the most versatile and one of the best sounding Heritage's made is an idiot.

That's great, Jazzalicious. You are probably one of the happiest 525 owners (to be) considering your previous Ebay disappointment. Your persistence has paid off.

Persistence is right.

I literally (not kidding.....seriously) called EVERY Heritage dealer in USA and Canada til I found one. I went down the whole list from A-Z looking for a used, but settled on a new one as no one had used in stock. (maybe I have OCD or something....).

There was only one other in stock in OSB, (don't remember where) but his price was around $2400.00 USD.

The dealer I finally settled on had this one in stock, at a better price, and this was the color I wanted. I figured NOW OR NEVER. The Heritage guys won't be around forever, and although I have a lot of expenses (child #2 due in early October), and less income in summer (full time teacher....less students in summer), I made a few amp/guitar sales myself this month, so......

the rest is history.

Will let you all know how it is when I get it. It's getting a setup to my specs as we talk, and after I test drive it, and have my luthier check it out (I bring everything to him....my 575 Mahogany came with major issues...posted in August 2008, so I have to make sure it's all good inside and out....he goes into hte f-holes with mirror and flashlights to inspect bracing etc.........he's been doing it 30 years, and works on tons of vintage 50's 60's Super 400's, L5's etc etc, even applies real nitro when redoing a finish on some of these).

Thanks for the support.

If all goes well, I will try to make it to PSP4.!!!

thanks

Jazzalicious

• 2 weeks later...

Archived