Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Millenium

koula901

Hi Guys,

Over the weekend I checked out a Millenium on You Tube:

and was quite blown away. It seems that this guitar does everything. This particular guitar has coil taps, and it sounds just great. I'm considering getting one in the future (after I get an H 137). I like that it has a small body, but a big sound. How do you think this compares with the other semi-hollow Heritages?

Hi Guys,

and was quite blown away. It seems that this guitar does everything. This particular guitar has coil taps, and it sounds just great. I'm considering getting one in the future (after I get an H 137). I like that it has a small body, but a big sound. How do you think this compares with the other semi-hollow Heritages?

My two cents?

I'm buying Mark's last one on Wednesday. I had been looking for a Gibson ES 339, but I think the Millie DC blows it away tone-wise. Don't get me wrong, I love my Gibson's, but I love my Heritage(s) more....

Owning a Millie and having owned a 555, I can make a good comparison for you. In using the neck pickup, they sound *very* similar. Using the bridge pickup is really where they differ. The Millie has a much tighter low end and is more usable with gain. Keep in mind, however, that my 555 had a maple neck, which the current ones do not. Compared to a mahogany-necked 535 or 555, the Millie is going to be a bit brighter and more 'present' sounding, even though the Millie also has a mahogany neck. Great for sounding like B.B. King or Alex Lifeson, but not so much for that woody Larry Carlton sound.

To me, the Millie allows you to play jazz, hard rock, or blues equally well. Maybe the only guitar in existence like that.

Owning a Millie and having owned a 555, I can make a good comparison for you. In using the neck pickup, they sound *very* similar. Using the bridge pickup is really where they differ. The Millie has a much tighter low end and is more usable with gain. Keep in mind, however, that my 555 had a maple neck, which the current ones do not. Compared to a mahogany-necked 535 or 555, the Millie is going to be a bit brighter and more 'present' sounding, even though the Millie also has a mahogany neck. Great for sounding like B.B. King or Alex Lifeson, but not so much for that woody Larry Carlton sound.

To me, the Millie allows you to play jazz, hard rock, or blues equally well. Maybe the only guitar in existence like that.

Wow! That's a fantastic review, thanks so much! : )

I love both of my Millies. The DC is a smaller 535 (to me)

The H155 is my favorite player, I like the weight of it and mine is equipped w/HRWs, usually they are w/Seth Lovers.

Guest mgoetting
Guys HOC bye law #1 states ... B):P;)

gallery_328_8_208109.jpg

gallery_328_8_193527.jpg

gallery_328_8_311632.jpg

Mine currently has HRWs installed, however for my own needs I have a set of Seth Lovers at the ready for it.

If you want to sell those HRWs, let me know.

Thanks.

the 2 that i have had for a short time were fabulous guitars.....but i didnt like the seths and i didnt want to mod them because that was back before i knew how to do my own wiring.....i sold one to Guy in Vegas and sold the other to Rich in KY....both went to good homes.

Hi Guys,

Just caught this thread. That used to be my guitar. I traded it to Jay for my H-530 build.

That was a nice one. I just couldn't get used to the body size. I like the larger bodied ones.

That one had some nice tones to it. Everytime I check if it sold I find myself gassing for it.

I have sold 2 of my builds and second guessed myself on both.

Good luck

Archived