Heritage Owners Club

How old is your Heritage Guitar?

JWALKER

I would love to hear from everyone about how long they have owned their oldest Heritage guitar, and especially how your oldest Heritage guitar is holding up now. Does is still sound as good as the day you got it, or does it sound better? Have you had any major issues with your older H guitar. Is your oldest Heritage your favorite guitar, or do you constantly change guitars-looking for next greatest guitar ever?

1999 Heritage H 150 CM Black Translucent- customized with Sperzel Locking tuners; tonepros bridge and tailpiece; Bare Knuckle Miracle Man Pups; black speed knobs, tusq xl nut- AWESOME! no problems- keeps getting better!

The oldest I've had was a '99 Prospect. Awesome guitar. Sounded great, felt great. Only sold it because I had a Custom Prospect made.

I would imagine that all the Heritages hold up as well as any guitar, if not better. They're made from top of the line woods, by uber experienced luthiers. Why would they not hold up? Then again, any guitar that is abused is going to have problems.

I haven't had mine long but it's a 1986 model. Signed by the early builders / founders. Moats, Duelos, Lamb, and Paige.

post-1867-1281707285_thumb.jpg

Mine is a 1994 Golden Eagle. The natural finish, (I don't think they were doing antique natural back then) has mellowed into a beautiful aged patina. The tone has "opened up" beautifully. It is still in dead mint and pristine condition . . . even though it has been my go to axe for quite some time. It's also my sentimental favorite as well.

My favorite to play is my '92 H-150CM. gallery_1051_3_5365.jpg

But any one of mine that I pick up is awesome. I'd tend to prefer mine with some miles on them, but then again... the stuff coming out of Heritage right now is nothing short of extraordinary.

'92 H-150 CM Flametop ASB

'00 H-150 CM Classic VSB

'89 H-140 CM Trans Red

'94 H-157 Tuxedo

'99 Eagle Centurion

The oldest heritage is...ME! According to my wife, my tone and attitude has gotten worse. I'm cranky, stubborn and have aches and pains in places that I never knew existed inside my body.

Oh wait, you wanted to know about my oldest Heritage gitfiddle?! My bad! It's a '93 Golden Eagle OSB that is the sweetest sounding instrument in my humble stable. ;)

Now GET OFF MY LAWN!! ;)

The oldest heritage is...ME! According to my wife, my tone and attitude has gotten worse. I'm cranky, stubborn and have aches and pains in places that I never knew existed inside my body.

Oh wait, you wanted to know about my oldest Heritage gitfiddle?! My bad! It's a '93 Golden Eagle OSB that is the sweetest sounding instrument in my humble stable. ;)

Now GET OFF MY LAWN!! ;)

Clint Eastwood . . . Gran Torino.

Of course you do realize that I'm still lusting after that '93 OSB Golden Eagle . . . don't you?

Clint Eastwood . . . Gran Torino.

Of course you do realize that I'm still lusting after that '93 OSB Golden Eagle . . . don't you?

If I sell it to you, you better not put a big ass spoiler on the back of it, like all the other zipper-heads do!

If I sell it to you, you better not put a big ass spoiler on the back of it, like all the other zipper-heads do!

LMAO.. . . . his lines are instant classics!!!

I backed off of my original intentions of having Heritage do my Golden Eagle in an OSB similar to your '93. As you saw in my NGW post . . . I went with the sunset sunburst. We'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it. But I'm also pretty sure I'm still going to love your '93 GE too.

My '98 Custom H-550 that I put a Gibson Charlie Christian on. Thought mine would be the only Antique Cherry Burst out there, but I've seen several others since. None has as much flame, though. Has made believers of people who've never heard of Heritage. Sounds better on and off stage than ever, although the pots on the CC wear out every three years or so- nothing to do with the company, since the pickup was mine, not theirs. Don't know if they'll build guitars without inlay, knobs, pickguard, or pickups as they did for me, to save a ton of money (cost $1,500, new), but am glad they did for me because it is the closest thing possible to Barney Kessel's guitar.- Charles Bevell

I would love to hear from everyone about how long they have owned their oldest Heritage guitar, and especially how your oldest Heritage guitar is holding up now. Does is still sound as good as the day you got it, or does it sound better? Have you had any major issues with your older H guitar. Is your oldest Heritage your favorite guitar, or do you constantly change guitars-looking for next greatest guitar ever?

Hi JWalker,

Good question.My oldest Heritage is a C140CM,which I bought in 1986.( c number ) It looks like new,it's been played a lot.I always look after my instruments,after all,they are the tools of my trade,and I keep them in tip top condition.I never lend them out,and they live in their cases in an even temperature.The maple cap is perfect,the mahogany back has some slight age checking,and the centre joint is now more prominent,probably due to shrinkage of the wood.The H575 ( e number ) is also in great condition.Some minor scratches on the pickguard.No dings or divots.Being a carved top,the acoustic sound is spot on,woody & precise,with good projection.The electric sound warm & mellow.So,in answer to the question 'does it sound as good ?' The answer is no.It sounds better. Favourite ? I play the H575 much more than the C140,but I love the look of the little solid.I've bought guitars since the Heritages,usually to do specific jobs.They are all good quality,and play great,but the Heritages are special.My oldest guitar,an Epiphone from 1932 still looks & plays great.Next purchase ? A sweet 16 to end my days with !

Peter Alton Green

post-1702-1281727809_thumb.jpg

Hello to everyone. I have just purchased a 1986 H-140 CMV off E-bay. I have got to stay away from that site. I think I got a good deal. The seller in the original description stated that and I quote "guitar is like brand new", ,but after I am locked into my bid, I see where the seller mentions some belt rash issues in a question posed to him. So, I am hoping that this baby will be in good shape. I will post pictures when I get her. Question: Does Heritage refinish and or service their guitars?

Archived