Heritage Owners Club

Brentrocks wins over Scuba200Ft

Spectrum13

Well done Brent!

You ended yet another forum war defending the honor of Heritage.

For anyone not watching, Scuba was all " Heritage sucks man" "the factory closed down because they ran the company so bad" "My neck was twisted and the bridge studs were glued in"

Then Brent was all like... "are you feeling lucky, AND shot Scuba200ft with his 357 Clint Eeastwood Style"

Dude...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

Well done Brent!

You ended yet another forum war defending the honor of Heritage.

For anyone not watching, Scuba was all " Heritage sucks man" "the factory closed down because they ran the company so bad" "My neck was twisted and the bridge studs were glued in"

Then Brent was all like... "are you feeling lucky, AND shot Scuba200ft with his 357 Clint Eeastwood Style"

Dude...

I missed that, what forum was it on?

Brent threw all of his gitfiddle photos at the thread. The guy was so awe struck, he asked about Brent's 357...and then dropped in pics of his own. I like Brent's better.

And just for the 'piling on' effect, I tossed in a huge photo of my new H525.

Now I see that HFB threw in a beauty shot of his incredible 357 Custom!!

That should get his salavary glands flowin'!:icon_profileleft:

LMAO...

well, you see...that dude was spouting off about Heritage almost closing its doors because of poor mangement....HE DIDNT KNOW HIS FACTS :rolleyes_mini:

We all know the fire was what almost closed Heritage a few yrs back.

Anyway i figured a shameless plug with some cool axes would ease the mood over ther at TGP :icon_thumleft:

I was going to post something, but the other HOC guys had things pretty well in hand. I also think it's interesting that most posters accept that a Heritage is best compared with a custom-shop Gibson, not with the stock production models. I agree with this, but it does imply that a Heritage is probably a better guitar than a production Gibson, and that seems like a real change in the way those outside of HOC are thinking about Heritage these days.

This is a VERY strange thread....So you guys find threads that contain customer issues with Heritage, and try to "win" the argument? Very Stepford. That scuba200ft is me. And I am no troller. I am a legitimate former, and MAYBE future customer who had had two very bad experiences. I am also the owner of well over 100 guitars, most of which can be seen on my website. www.charvels.com.

It is this very type of attitude and weirdness that pigeonholes the owners of guitars like Heritage, Rickenbacker and alot of the smaller builders. The belief that any issue a person may have had, must be either made up or their fault. It smacks of the Ernie Ball forum mentality.

The irony is, I am right now in the process of negotiation on yet ANOTHER Heritage. I am no loyalist to any brand, unlike clearly many of you are. I like ALL guitars, it's not a cult, it's music.

Spectrum, Scuba was not "all like Heritage sucks man". I am not Jeff Spicoli from fast times at Ridgemont high.

Scuba WAS all like "here's what happened to me".

Brent knows me from other forums, and I am surprised he wouldnt defend me here. I guess that wouldnt fall into the Heritage can do no wrong mantra.

BTW...I found this thread while researching another Heritage that is for sale. Somewhat surprising to all of a sudden see yourself bashed. Think before you type.

This is a VERY strange thread....So you guys find threads that contain customer issues with Heritage, and try to "win" the argument? Very Stepford. That scuba200ft is me. And I am no troller. I am a legitimate former, and MAYBE future customer who had had two very bad experiences. I am also the owner of well over 100 guitars, most of which can be seen on my website. www.charvels.com.

It is this very type of attitude and weirdness that pigeonholes the owners of guitars like Heritage, Rickenbacker and alot of the smaller builders. The belief that any issue a person may have had, must be either made up or their fault. It smacks of the Ernie Ball forum mentality.

The irony is, I am right now in the process of negotiation on yet ANOTHER Heritage. I am no loyalist to any brand, unlike clearly many of you are. I like ALL guitars, it's not a cult, it's music.

Spectrum, Scuba was not "all like Heritage sucks man". I am not Jeff Spicoli from fast times at Ridgemont high.

Scuba WAS all like "here's what happened to me".

Brent knows me from other forums, and I am surprised he wouldnt defend me here. I guess that wouldnt fall into the Heritage can do no wrong mantra.

BTW...I found this thread while researching another Heritage that is for sale. Somewhat surprising to all of a sudden see yourself bashed. Think before you type.

Scuba,

If you don't want to be bashed, then don't go around bashing! You'll go a long way if you express yourself in more objective tones, then to condemn whole sale and give off attitude. There is no black or white - but shades of gray. Neither Gibson nor Heritage are either completely blameless or horrible.

Koula901......I look forward to you showing me where i BASHED any company. I even see where I complemented the hollowbody Heritages. Heritage WAS being run like crap. The QC in the mid 90's and early to mid 2000's has been suspect. And you sure as hell won't see me propping up Gibson, although I think their new "traditional" line is amazing.

If posting an experience is bashing, I guess I'm guilty. As far as my posts regarding resale, I couldnt be any more accurate.

Hey scuba,

I don't think everybody took it as wholesale bashing. I certainly didn't mean to imply that, don't think I did. I WAS quick to defend Heritage, and I think they've made great moves from what I've seen and others' accounts. It also sounds like you had a very unfortunate run with your Heritages.

I hope you do find a great Heritage without the issues you've mentioned.

FWIW, I don't think we're all Heritage Cult Members. Heritage and Hamer, maaaaaaybe. At least for me. I do like supporting the Heritages, Hamers, and G&L's of the world. Still, your comments did rub some the wrong way in part because you did at least seem to be a bit demeaning with the "Gibson . . . no brainer" type comments. Could you argue there were some knee-jerk reactions? Sure. Still, you can maybe see why we all came rushing to the defense of a company we've done well with? But to play it balanced, how many of us would be super understanding if we had two or three guitars from a highly-touted company and they all had serious issues? So I can see where your impression of the company comes from.

Anyway, I do hope you find a nice Heritage. The Law of Averages is in your favor, don't you think? :icon_thumright: What kind are you looking for? You might have better luck buying either used from a reputable seller, or getting new from somebody like Wolfe, J. Hale, or some other seller that will check the guitar out and make sure there isn't something wrong with it before you get it. Not that you should even HAVE to do that, but it couldn't hurt, eh?

Koula901......I look forward to you showing me where i BASHED any company. I even see where I complemented the hollowbody Heritages. Heritage WAS being run like crap. The QC in the mid 90's and early to mid 2000's has been suspect. And you sure as hell won't see me propping up Gibson, although I think their new "traditional" line is amazing.

If posting an experience is bashing, I guess I'm guilty. As far as my posts regarding resale, I couldnt be any more accurate.

Scuba,

Did you say this: " Heritage sucks man". Words carry a lot of weight in this medium, where people aren't sitting face to face, and thus, a lot of flaming wars. Saying something "sucks" is like a wholesale condemnation and people will react to that. Anyway, you seem to have a lot of experience with many types of guitars. Why not put the past behind you, especially if a company has improved itself in at least the last 10 years. There are many happy Heritage owners here who can attest to the quality, and as was said before, it's always best to try something out before you buy it. I've had at least two good experiences with Heritage and am very impressed by the quality.

The topic post was "win over" which means to get agreement or friendship, not win an argument.

Good point.

For some reason though I just thought of a great Sawyer quote from LOST. Probably only funny to me or anybody who's a fan of LOST, yet I can't help but think at any dispute it'd be better if you called somebody "Moonbeam" and suggested we all sing kumbaya and do trust falls. I've always wanted to use that line but you'd be surprised how often the right moment doesn't pop up.

Besides, mars_hall is right, Brent's post sort of turned said post into a counter-point of "here is what a good Heritage can look like" rather than an "I win and you lose" sort of argument.

Errr... No it wasnt.

This wasnt a re-programming discussion. This was chest thumping.

But I get the humor.

I prefer spirited debate and being passionate about who or what you're supporting. You get the same thing with Coke vs. Pepsi, Ford vs. Chevrolet, Packers vs. Bears, Packers vs. Vikings, not so much the Lions, maybe next year they've had a rough season at QB.

My humor . . . It's all terrible. What can you say? Sometimes you just have to run with whatever God gave you.

By the way, what kind of Heritage are you considering? An H-150/157, H-535/555, Prospect, 575, Golden Eagle? Enquiring minds want to know!

Errr... No it wasnt.

This wasnt a re-programming discussion. This was chest thumping.

But I get the humor.

I'm glad that you get the humor scuba. You seem to be a good natured guy . . . just a little ill informed about our beloved Heritage guitars. Anyway, welcome to our forum. Why don't ya hang with us for a while? You'll enjoy it around here. We've got some real strongly opinionated members here for sure .. . myself not included of course. I kind of just "go with the flow". I've also been known to own a couple of pretty nice Heritages, as well as a couple of pretty nice Gibson Reissues. We all look forward to hearing from you from time to time. Welcome aboard!

After re-reading the TGP thread it is obvious Scuba200ft had some bad experiences with his Heritages. These are the comments that raised my eyebrows:

"I have played and held 10-12 pound heritage "standard" quilt top lp copies."

"That "premier" guitar company shut down a few years back because it was being run like crap.

"Copying and pasting from their site doesnt exactly lend credence. I remember seeing Enrons site too. "

Good lord Koula.........read the thread. I didnt say "heritage sucks mannnnnn". I am not an 18 year old with a bong at the ready.

yeahman. i'm in that thread & hope you find something you like, whether G Custom Shop or H or wherever. there are some sad H stories out there & that's a shame, but almost inevitable when you have a small group of luthiers making apx. 100 units/month and 25 yrs in business. xlnt that the happy stories are a thousandfold or more. the '98 LP i mentioned took me >35 yrs to find. my 157 GT will likely never be matched by any Gibson IMHO.

some beaut. guits on that thread.

Ron, you got Phat Cats on your 357? perhaps the most lustworthy for me :diablo_mini:

and FZ's Centurion - that's just unfair! :icon_biggrin:

Tim, what the amp behind your 525? the flame & finish on that top may be my all-time favorite of that kind

play on B)

Archived