Heritage Owners Club

Brentrocks wins over Scuba200Ft

Spectrum13

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mgoetting

I'm upset that someone dissed the mineral streaks on that H150. I like them. They add character, warmth and charm, especially in a VSB. Seriously.

Scuba, if you hang in here for a while, it will be someone else's turn in the barrel.

I'm upset that someone dissed the mineral streaks on that H150. I like them. They add character, warmth and charm, especially in a VSB. Seriously.

Scuba, if you hang in here for a while, it will be someone else's turn in the barrel.

No intent to diss here. I too have some mineral streaks on one of my 150s. I was just saying that if I was being anal enough to be that picky, I would consider them.

Guest mgoetting

No intent to diss here. I too have some mineral streaks on one of my 150s. I was just saying that if I was being anal enough to be that picky, I would consider them.

Well, I wasn't really upset. But thanks for the context.

Funny you'd say that... My milli-DC is a VSB, and it has mineral streaks. You can see them in the pix on the lower left, but they're actually even more prominent in person. I don't think they detract from the instrument at all. They just add character, and even extenuate the natural grain of the wood :icon_thumright:

post-295-044058000 1291261623_thumb.jpg

Glad to see this thread dying down. Scuba is is entitled to his opinion, and we're entitled to ours, even if we ultimately disagree with each other. Hopefully he will eventually get himself a Heritage that brings him the same shit-eating grin that I get when I play mine. Even if he doesn't, I do hope he can use some of this threads feedback to help moderate his comments and better emphasise that they're about his own bad experiences (which like everyone I'm sorry to hear about), rather than being a more sweeping condemnation of Heritage in general.

Thanks for the tech support, rj! Nice graphic! Patrick, I was an ardent student of Professor Irwin Corey.

I though I recognized ol' Professor Irwin Corey. His style is unmistakable. Myself, I was an ardent student of the Professor Durwood Fincher. Pretty much in the same vein of ol' Irwin. Check him out. You'll find him by Google. I think you'll enjoy his ability to present his view points with the utmost of clarity. Let me know what you think.

not yet, but will. have admired everything i've seen by Christopher Nolan thus far...

Check it out! That is a movie that sticks with you and is virtually flawless. To me, it was about as perfect as a movie can get and nailed the story Nolan was trying to tell. I loved everything about that movie, and I can't really genuinely say that about much.

Just got done watching Terriers' season finale. Speaking of perfection, WOW!!!!! Oh yeah, guitars, right . . .

Mineral streaks. I personally love mineral streaks and naturally-occurring markings or figuring in general. That is why I strongly prefer (and as of not only own) dyes that show off the wood grain. I love the natural, asymmetrical, irregular design of the wood and things found made by hands other than man. It doesn't have to be a perfectly flamed or quilted maple, I just like the grain patterns of wood, and the striations of minerals and rocks for that matter. To me, that stuff adds nothing but character, and the aforementioned H-150 LW had an incredible top that was enhanced by the mineral streaks (I'm presuming that's what they were).

Just got done watching Terriers' season finale. Speaking of perfection, WOW!!!!! Oh yeah, guitars, right . . .

Mineral streaks. I personally love mineral streaks and naturally-occurring markings or figuring in general. That is why I strongly prefer (and as of not only own) dyes that show off the wood grain. I love the natural, asymmetrical, irregular design of the wood and things found made by hands other than man. It doesn't have to be a perfectly flamed or quilted maple, I just like the grain patterns of wood, and the striations of minerals and rocks for that matter. To me, that stuff adds nothing but character, and the aforementioned H-150 LW had an incredible top that was enhanced by the mineral streaks (I'm presuming that's what they were).

I've got a couple of nice streaks in my 150. It's actually a 2nd because of them:

e195_1.jpg

I had a 1963 ES-175 in natural that I bought in 1977 for $500. I sold it in the early 80s when I was in grad school, for not much more than that. This recent-issue 175 seems like a better guitar to me, though my memory may be flawed. The 575 is also a great guitar, but a 175 and 575 are more different than I might have expected. I think one of the secrets of the 175 sound, especially for jazz, is the placement of the neck pickup: that pickup does not sit at the base of the fingerboard and is closer to the bridge than on most other guitars. BTW, there's been a Steve Howe 175 sitting on the Acoustic Guitar Forum for weeks now.

John~ I love everything about your H575!! Total class in my view.

And yes, I wouldn't toss that Switchmaster out of bed either. Wow!

100_0188.jpg

These 2 seem to like each other, eventhough that isnt a real Gibson...LOL

IMG_6539.jpg

Now, there's a couple of great looking LPs (sorry . . . but, the 150 is just always gonna be a LP to me) Please tell me that you have a cream color truss rod cover on order.?.? Also, every time I see your LP clone. . I try to visualize it with a nickel cover on the neck pup and a nickel Tone Pros ABR1 bridge. But, that's just me :)

Hey scuba,

Since you know Brent (a reportedly great seller) and are looking for a Heritage H-15#, this might fit your needs:

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11164-2008-h-157-2007-h-150-goldtop-mint/page__pid__132761#entry132761

Two mint Heritages from the current Glory Years with a 48 hour no-hassle money back guarantee from an allegedly great buyer that you already know from multiple forums. What better way to jump on the bandwagon? Plus, you have the option of getting one with a bound headstock which looks pretty slick on the 157!

Hey scuba,

Since you know Brent (a reportedly great seller) and are looking for a Heritage H-15#, this might fit your needs:

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11164-2008-h-157-2007-h-150-goldtop-mint/page__pid__132761#entry132761

Two mint Heritages from the current Glory Years with a 48 hour no-hassle money back guarantee from an allegedly great buyer that you already know from multiple forums. What better way to jump on the bandwagon? Plus, you have the option of getting one with a bound headstock which looks pretty slick on the 157!

Let's see if we can meet that 24 hour sale challenge!

Archived