Heritage Owners Club
Sign in to follow this  
DetroitBlues

HOC Exclusive 137’s!

49 minutes ago, rockabilly69 said:

Are these still available, and what is the price?

Pretty sure you can still order (mine is #3) - price is $1,899.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jaguarguy said:

after I posted I saw Josh's other post and it said $1799, what's up with that? But I would have to sell the guitar that I have in the classified before I could order.

Edited by rockabilly69

Would someone be kind enough to post a link to additional info/specs, etc., or at least share what else they might know about these instruments that is not present here?  I’ve been through this thread from start to finish several times and still feel like I walked in, in the middle of someone’s conversation. 🤔

15 minutes ago, myoldfriend said:

Would someone be kind enough to post a link to additional info/specs, etc., or at least share what else they might know about these instruments that is not present here?  I’ve been through this thread from start to finish several times and still feel like I walked in, in the middle of someone’s conversation. 🤔

Here's the link to more info - it was in the PSP thread.

4 hours ago, Jaguarguy said:

Correction - $1,799 prior to PSP; $1,899 after PSP

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

after I posted I saw Josh's other post and it said $1799, what's up with that? But I would have to sell the guitar that I have in the classified before I could order.

It’s a full Custom Shop order. The price was setup to be a reduced price for just HOC members.

If you place your order before August 1st, you only pay $1799.

If you custom ordered it outside the HOC, it will be closer to $3,000.

Edited by DetroitBlues

1 hour ago, DetroitBlues said:

It’s a full Custom Shop order. The price was setup to be a reduced price for just HOC members.

Well I like the fact you went with soapbars and it will be great if a Gibbo pickguard fits on it! And the TV yellow looks pretty good compared to other older attempts at it.

ooh look at those!! they look fantastic!

unfortunately I just sold an H-137, and can't afford or justify buying a new one :(

I keep buying lottery tickets occasionally though: when is the cutoff date for ordering one? 

1 hour ago, bolero said:

ooh look at those!! they look fantastic!

unfortunately I just sold an H-137, and can't afford or justify buying a new one :(

I keep buying lottery tickets occasionally though: when is the cutoff date for ordering one? 

$1799 if ordered from now to PSP. $1899 through October.  Then that's it.

On 6/26/2020 at 7:51 PM, Jaguarguy said:

Here's the link to more info - it was in the PSP thread.

Thanks all!

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 10:56 PM, DetroitBlues said:

Josh, I have seen you quote this "$3000 after PSP" before, and I am not trying to upset you but I am confused.  Sweetwater has a Heritage 137 for $1899 and every other Heritage is below $3K except a few 575s.  Other than the soapbar vs dog ear P-90s and bound headstock, what is causing the the price of this HOC spec'd 137 to be $3K after October?   That's more expensive than a tricked out 150.

Not trying to be decisive, just trying to understand.

Edited by Kuz

1 hour ago, Kuz said:

Josh, I have seen you quote this "$3000 after PSP" before, and I am not trying to upset you but I am confused.  Sweetwater has a Heritage 137 for $1899 and every other Heritage is below $3K except a few 575s.  Other than the soapbar vs dog ear P-90s and bound headstock, what is causing the the price of this HOC spec'd 137 to be $3K after October?   That's more expensive than a tricked out 150.

A Limited Edition Heritage H-137 Custom Shop.

Here are the Specs:

• 137 Single Cut.
  • Heritage Owners Club custom engraved truss-rod cover.  (Unique CS Feature)
  • Mojotone Quiet Coil soapbar true P90's with scatterwound A5 magnets. (Unique CS Feature)
  • Kluson Prestige Nickel-Parchment Open Gear Tuners with 18:1 Ratio. (Unique CS Feature)
  • API Locking Wrap-Around Tailpiece.
  • Bound hand selected rosewood finger board with dot Inlays. (Unique CS Feature)
  • .870 (1st fret) to .970 (12th) C-Shape Neck Profile (Unique CS Feature)
  • Lightweight Body
  • TV Yellow
  • Sequenced Limited Edition with custom control cavity sticker (Unique CS Feature)
  • Certificate of Authenticity signed in-person by Pete Farmer (if delivered by PSP) (Unique CS Feature)
  • Thumb Bleeders (Unique CS Feature)
  • Black Controls and Switch Tip.
  • TKL Hardshell case and Mono Gig Bag Included (Unique CS Feature)

I have a Korina 137 built in 2007 and it cost $1800 back then so this is a great price being some 11 year latter.   -   What I believe it and all Heritage guitars SHOULD have is MOP headstock inlays but that is purely cosmetic

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kuz said:

Call the factory and get a quote for a Pete Farmer custom build if you don’t believe me.

Every little detail that is unique is around $100 for an upgrade even if the part is only $5.

Its the cost of doing business with a guitar manufacturer.

We were spoiled in thinking we can continue to get a custom shop guitar for less than Gibbons production price like we have for decades.

How many years did we get the rumors of take overs, selling out, or closing the factory because they didn’t make money?

Now they sold the business because they couldn’t keep the doors open and the new owners are trying to make money to keep the doors open and we want to question it?

I helped design something like this:

https://www.Gibbons.com/Guitar/CUSNZT900/1957-Les-Paul-Special-Single-Cut-Reissue/TV-Yellow

even though for $2000 less they make this:

https://www.Gibbons.com/Guitar/USA2KP357/Les-Paul-Special/TV-Yellow

They sure look the same, but are they?

There is a price to pay for a Custom Shop.

Edited by DetroitBlues

These are going to be interesting. Nice work Josh.

If these are going to be a special PSP run why are they available later on the open market?  If you are a member and can't travel why not just a factory order after the fact? 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, High Flying Bird said:

If these are going to be a special PSP run why are they available later on the open market?  If you are a member and can't travel why not just a factory order after the fact? 

Not available to the open market nor advertised anywhere but here.

Edited by DetroitBlues

I would be all over this if I did not already have more than my share of cool guitars.Plus I am now very, very poor. Good price for a custom Special from Heritage.

They will fine little tone machines for sure. As Davie504 would say, "epic"!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just to clarify one part, when I say this will cost $3000 after October, it’s because the offer is a limited edition and won’t be a available. But if you want to order a custom one-off with similar specs, it will come in around $3,000.

Edited by DetroitBlues

19 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Just to clarify one part, when I say this will cost $3000 after October, it’s because the offer is a limited edition and won’t be a available. But if you want to order a custom one-off with similar specs, it will come in around $3,000.

I hope you didn't misunderstand my previous post Josh.  If I was in the market for a 137/LP Special, then I think you nailed what I would have ordered with a few minor exceptions ( I would have ordered Throbak P90s, an ABR bridge and Aluminium tailpiece, and a LP Special Pickguard that I probably would have to install myself).   

I guess I just didn't understand why a custom ordered 137 guitar would be $3000.  Heritage must really have changed there custom order policy.  A custom order used to be a $75 charge plus what your custom appointments would cost (usually only a few hundred dollars more).  I have two Custom order Heritages (my 555 Custom and my 535 Custom P90) and they were only about $300-350 over the standard prices at the time.  The only custom change from this HOC 137 vs a production 137 that would require extra work would be;  the soapbar routing vs the dogear standard routing and the bound fretboard.  And don't get me wrong these are HUGE improvements that I would want on a 137/LP Special.  

In the old Heritage regime, they would credit you $150 if you supplied your own pickups, I am not sure if they would do that anymore.  I have bought quality "Thumb Bleeders" on line for around $15 for four of them and installed them on all my Heritage/Gibby styled guitars.  The truss rod cover can't be that expensive but they do have to order/program the engraving.  Tuners are around $60.  The mojo gigbag is a MAJOR buying point as they can run around $200.  There is no doubt this HOC 137 is a great deal!!

So I guess the question I had was; Heritage is charging approximate $3000 for a custom order 137(about $1100 more than the standard 137) just for soapbar routing and a bound fretboard?  (also for what it's worth, I could get that CS Gibby LP Special that you posted the retail price of $3799 for a street value of at or below $3K including affirm financing ).  

I am jealous of those that are getting one of these Custom HOC 137s, I hope everyone plays them in good health!  I want to see a lot of pics when they are finished!!!!

I'm in the game man, and stoked!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kuz said:

I hope you didn't misunderstand my previous post Josh.  If I was in the market for a 137/LP Special, then I think you nailed what I would have ordered with a few minor exceptions ( I would have ordered Throbak P90s, an ABR bridge and Aluminium tailpiece, and a LP Special Pickguard that I probably would have to install myself).   

I guess I just didn't understand why a custom ordered 137 guitar would be $3000.  Heritage must really have changed there custom order policy.  A custom order used to be a $75 charge plus what your custom appointments would cost (usually only a few hundred dollars more).  I have two Custom order Heritages (my 555 Custom and my 535 Custom P90) and they were only about $300-350 over the standard prices at the time.  The only custom change from this HOC 137 vs a production 137 that would require extra work would be;  the soapbar routing vs the dogear standard routing and the bound fretboard.  And don't get me wrong these are HUGE improvements that I would want on a 137/LP Special.  

In the old Heritage regime, they would credit you $150 if you supplied your own pickups, I am not sure if they would do that anymore.  I have bought quality "Thumb Bleeders" on line for around $15 for four of them and installed them on all my Heritage/Gibby styled guitars.  The truss rod cover can't be that expensive but they do have to order/program the engraving.  Tuners are around $60.  The mojo gigbag is a MAJOR buying point as they can run around $200.  There is no doubt this HOC 137 is a great deal!!

So I guess the question I had was; Heritage is charging approximate $3000 for a custom order 137(about $1100 more than the standard 137) just for soapbar routing and a bound fretboard?  (also for what it's worth, I could get that CS Gibby LP Special that you posted the retail price of $3799 for a street value of at or below $3K including affirm financing ).  

I am jealous of those that are getting one of these Custom HOC 137s, I hope everyone plays them in good health!  I want to see a lot of pics when they are finished!!!!

There were a lot of features I’d like to have.  But for what we get it’s much better than stock.  When I had my 535 specd out originally, it was rather pricey.  I had to back it down, but still given a greater guitar than I imagined.

For me, it was about having something unique to HOC, so if anyone were to see it, they’d know exactly what it is.

4 hours ago, DetroitBlues said:

There were a lot of features I’d like to have.  But for what we get it’s much better than stock.  When I had my 535 specd out originally, it was rather pricey.  I had to back it down, but still given a greater guitar than I imagined.

For me, it was about having something unique to HOC, so if anyone were to see it, they’d know exactly what it is.

And a great job you did designing it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kuz said:

And a great job you did designing it!

Agreed! :yahoo_mini: