Heritage Owners Club
Sign in to follow this  
DetroitBlues

HOC Exclusive 137’s!

6 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

No, you'll have to do a conversion yourself or place a separate custom order.   

Thanks for reply @DetroitBlues... but dont think it can be converted huh? Is an attractive price point on such a beautiful korina LP guitar.... i still prefer a natural finish haha sorry perhaps i could bug the support at heritage ?

6 minutes ago, hopkinwfg said:

Thanks for reply @DetroitBlues... but dont think it can be converted huh? Is an attractive price point on such a beautiful korina LP guitar.... i still prefer a natural finish haha sorry perhaps i could bug the support at heritage ?

You can convert it, absolutely.  But it will take extensive modifications.

You'll have to cut into the pickup cavities to fit humbuckers in there.  I have a LPJr with a Seymour Duncan Mini Humbucker in there.  Dimarzio makes a P90 sized humbucker as well.

Wrap-around bridge posts are wider apart (same separation as tailpiece), meaning you'll have to plug the wrap-around bridge holes, redrill for a normal bridge, and then drill the posts for the tailpiece.

I looked into this myself for my LPJr. and found this to be the case.

Couple of ideas that require no mod's:

Schaller Signum (I love this bridge, lower mass than most wrap around fully intontatable bridge)

https://schaller.info/en/bridges/351/signum?number=12350100 

I also had one of this in an old Reverend guitar, DiMarzio DLX Plus

https://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/soap-bar/dlx-plus-neck

Schaller Signum.JPG

DP162BK.png

Haha... thanks alot for the thought... its attractive piece.. i probably go with my H157 dream :) hope to see pics of the run soon !!

10 hours ago, hopkinwfg said:

Just wonder if i can transform the P90s to a two regular humbucker type ? 

Add a tailpiece behind? Korina is a sick wood but not a P90 fan ...

To my knowledge hop, they are not Korina. They are 100% mahogany bodies

On 7/9/2020 at 8:04 AM, DetroitBlues said:

I love the fact I can see the wood grain under the finish.  Pete should be finishing up the fretwork and get the hardware/electronics done sometime this week or next.  They still plan on being done on 7/31 for the first 5 orders.

I love the fact that they can be seen on black and white TV's !!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, deytookerjaabs said:

These look so badass along with being a good deal for the coin, again, great job @DetroitBlues

Agreed, I think this is one of the best deals I've seen on a new Heritage guitar. If I wasn't hurting from my loss of gigs (COVID19) I would have ordered one already. I'm picking up a bunch of outdoor gigs, but when the weather cools I think a-lot of these venues won't be able to move these shows indoors, so I have to be careful with my money. I have a guitar for sale right now, if it sells, I'm ordering one of these!

Edited by rockabilly69

The free MONO M80 soft case for the upcoming H-137 HOC arrived at my door today!  :icon_cheers:

Heritage has been keeping buyers up to date via email and photos during the build process.  Classy!

• Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 3:07 PM, rockabilly69 said:

Agreed, I think this is one of the best deals I've seen on a new Heritage guitar. If I wasn't hurting from my loss of gigs (COVID19) I would have ordered one already. I'm picking up a bunch of outdoor gigs, but when the weather cools I think a-lot of these venues won't be able to move these shows indoors, so I have to be careful with my money. I have a guitar for sale right now, if it sells, I'm ordering one of these!

Right before this shutdown mess hit I got a rejection on the old Tax Return..."You have been claimed as a dependent."

WTF. 

Then, they shut down all paper filing operations until June. I've been on the phone for hours with no recourse, had to send in amended paperwork and all that nonsense but they're saying months from their return to operations date to take care of the paperwork. So, that means I also don't get any stimulus thingy either until lawd knows when..because I'm still someone's effing dependent!

1 hour ago, Gitfiddler said:

The free MONO M80 soft case for the upcoming H-137 HOC arrived at my door today!  :icon_cheers:

Heritage has been keeping buyers up to date via email and photos during the build process.  Classy!

Hmmm ... mine didn't show up today?? 🤷‍♂️ :cray_mini2:

4 minutes ago, Jaguarguy said:

Hmmm ... mine didn't show up today?? 🤷‍♂️ :cray_mini2:

They are shipped direct from MONO located in So. Calif.  Since I'm in No. Calif. it may explain my early receipt of the gigbag. 

For those that ordered their 137's you should receive your Mono M80 EG guitar case any day now.

I looked it up and its an outstanding case.  They sell for $229 at Sweetwater.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M80EGBLK--mono-m80-electric-guitar-hybrid-gig-bag-black

What is rather unusual is how it holds the guitar in case.  Some sort of patented design.

headlock.JPG

Is that #1?

Cool!!!

Pete is the Man! Nice model.

• Like 1

Bingo!  Tuners look really, really cool!  Much vintage vibe in that plank!  Nicely done, Pete!

If I were getting one, I would put on an aftermarket LP Special pickguard.  Other than the pickguard (and maybe Throbak P-90s) that’s exactly how I would have spec’d one out.

Congrats Josh, it looks amazing.

Looks great! However, I believe press-in bushing tuners would have given it an even more vintage touch.

Posted (edited)

Man I am really trying to avoid temptation here!

In any event, this post at MLP imho highlights what an exceptional value the HOC instrument truly is:

https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/historic-singlecut-lp-special-1960-ri-throbak-pickups.442529/

Edited by myoldfriend

beautiful guitar, nice piece