Heritage Owners Club

Heritage and Tele

602a

Wonder if the shop could or would make a Tele with an explorer neck?

In a nutshell - absolutely not! Kuz and I had a very indepth discussion with Jim about this very subject at the PSPIII factory tour. I've been jonesing big time for a Heritage Tele-esque. They have the jigs; they even have a couple in the prototype room. The Stat and the Tele-esque (sorry, the H# escapes me right now) designs were "borrowed" during the period when H and G were having "issues", so to speak. According to our "tour guide" (that would be Jim), Heritage has promised, offered really, to never make those body styles again. Out of respect for the company that assisted them thru some rather rough times. So ...... no. Wish they could, 'cause I'd have me one.

In a nutshell - absolutely not! Kuz and I had a very indepth discussion with Jim about this very subject at the PSPIII factory tour. I've been jonesing big time for a Heritage Tele-esque. They have the jigs; they even have a couple in the prototype room. The Stat and the Tele-esque (sorry, the H# escapes me right now) designs were "borrowed" during the period when H and G were having "issues", so to speak. According to our "tour guide" (that would be Jim), Heritage has promised, offered really, to never make those body styles again. Out of respect for the company that assisted them thru some rather rough times. So ...... no. Wish they could, 'cause I'd have me one.

And that's why so many of us Heritage-ites also have a G&L ASAT or other type of Tele in the guitar stand.

gallery_10_153_1681764.jpg

Thanks for the catalog shot, Fred. What years was that offerred? I dig everything about it except the way the bridge pickup looks; Strange not to see a "normal" tele bridge plate there. Just my own quirk, probably. Carved maple top over mahogany!!! Set neck? I bet it really had it's own thing going on, not a Tele, not a Paul, but a Heritage. Shame it's not available, or I'd probably be looking for one.

Thanks for the catalog shot, Fred. What years was that offerred? I dig everything about it except the way the bridge pickup looks; Strange not to see a "normal" tele bridge plate there. Just my own quirk, probably. Carved maple top over mahogany!!! Set neck? I bet it really had it's own thing going on, not a Tele, not a Paul, but a Heritage. Shame it's not available, or I'd probably be looking for one.

It's not just you. I think the bridge looks messed up, too.

eric

If you are interested in a custom hand-built for under F's custom shop prices..... I recommend Ron Kirn's Tele's!!!!

(Of course I have to include a pic!!!)

web3-3.jpg

Web6-2.jpg

mmm, love those teles. in response to jjKrause..

my only complaint is the constant need for saddle adjustment. I bought this used. different pickguard than orig to accomodate lipstick pickup addition. Jap maple neck.

not a bad little axe...but it has become kindof a closet queen..

post-179-1283790237_thumb.jpg

post-179-1283790253_thumb.jpg

post-179-1283790290_thumb.jpg

post-179-1283790364_thumb.jpg

post-179-1283790633_thumb.jpg

post-179-1283790651_thumb.jpg

Chico...HA!

I almost thought we had the same pickguard for a second (and thus nearly spit water all over my computer!). Very nice looking Tele there.

I actually wanna change my pickguard out as it is more of a blue from a distance than the grey/black I wanted. I'm looking at replacements but the one I want is $50 and I simply can't justify that right now.

mmm, love those teles. in response to jjKrause..

my only complaint is the constant need for saddle adjustment. I bought this used. different pickguard than orig to accomodate lipstick pickup addition. Jap maple neck.

not a bad little axe...but it has become kindof a closet queen..

Not on mine!!! I thought about going with the vintage barrel saddles, but I wanted all of my mistakes to be in tune!!!! Individual compensated saddles on my Kirn!!!

375k pots? Give it up, why those values?

The Dimarzio noiseless pickups are, like any "noiseless single coil", actually humbucking. The use of the standard 250K CTS pots are fine but you lose some high end "snap". Using a 500K pot will "over compensate" and the volume and top end will be a bit much and not what you are use to hearing from a traditional Tele. FYI, Fender uses a 375K pot in the '52 HotRod Tele due to the use of a mini-bucker in the neck and it works quite well, even with the single coil in the bridge.

The Dimarzio noiseless pickups are, like any "noiseless single coil", actually humbucking. The use of the standard 250K CTS pots are fine but you lose some high end "snap". Using a 500K pot will "over compensate" and the volume and top end will be a bit much and not what you are use to hearing from a traditional Tele. FYI, Fender uses a 375K pot in the '52 HotRod Tele due to the use of a mini-bucker in the neck and it works quite well, even with the single coil in the bridge.

Okay! :occasion14:

:occasion14: OK,after listening to everyone I bought a swamp ash body with everything except neck from a local guy who didn't have time to finish it. Fender pickups are coming out and Duncans going in . Neck will come from Warmoth. Time will only tell how this turns out. Body weighs 5.9 lbs alone.

Guest mgoetting
If you are interested in a custom hand-built for under F's custom shop prices..... I recommend Ron Kirn's Tele's!!!!

(Of course I have to include a pic!!!)

web3-3.jpg

Web6-2.jpg

Exactly what color is that?

Come on guys, what about G&L, man it doesn't get any better for a Tele. All Asat models kick ass, the Blues boy, Asat Special and of coarse the Asat Classic. The Heritage guys build the best old school Gibson happening, I don't think they need to build Tele's. Just my opinion. I really don't want one company building everything anyway.

that's almost MIJ, Tokai LOL AL B

Archived