Heritage Owners Club

have taken the lollar mini hums on a long journey

big bob

So I've had a chance to really play with the 170 custom and I just can't say enough good things about the lollar mini hums. I know lots of people talk about how this pup or that has lots of headroom and a huge sound!!!

Well the lollar mini hums are just the opposite, but hard to describe. The sound is big but tight, the sound is echo-ie. definitely a hot pup. clean is crisp and articulate, crunchy has a great surf sound and handles re-verb great.. long sustain with little breakup. The mini's have a crisp sharp immediate attack!! and a long slow decay.. spot on for high gain applications. But super for jazz clean or blues distortion. they push the amp well (el 84 marshall). I'm super pleased with this setup.

The sound is just spot on surf/rockabilly/blues/jazz I would recommend them to anyone on the fence about them!!

038.jpg

I must say that I felt that PSP III started off right when you pulled this guitar out, the night before the event.

A magic night was had at the famous Best Western Jam...and the introduction of this guitar was a happy event.

Great sounds come from that Heritage, and the pickups are certainly a main part of that.

They perform as you would expect a premium mini-bucker to, with a bit more snap and clarity than most humbuckers.

But they still manage a complex and robust sound while doing that.

Also that guitar has a bit of extra Kalamazoo magic added to it.... it succeeds on an elevated level reserved for the most carefully crafted instruments.

B)

Guest mgoetting
So I've had a chance to really play with the 170 custom and I just can't say enough good things about the lollar mini hums. I know lots of people talk about how this pup or that has lots of headroom and a huge sound!!!

Well the lollar mini hums are just the opposite, but hard to describe. The sound is big but tight, the sound is echo-ie. definitely a hot pup. clean is crisp and articulate, crunchy has a great surf sound and handles re-verb great.. long sustain with little breakup. The mini's have a crisp sharp immediate attack!! and a long slow decay.. spot on for high gain applications. But super for jazz clean or blues distortion. they push the amp well (el 84 marshall). I'm super pleased with this setup.

The sound is just spot on surf/rockabilly/blues/jazz I would recommend them to anyone on the fence about them!!

038.jpg

Have you had any issues with hum from AC or other interference?

Brent, I can't do sound files now just flip video which has so/so sound.

Mark, The only issue I've found is when cranked loud this guitar makes my new acoustic have a sympathetic drone if it's (the acoustic) hanging on the wall. solved this by sticking a dish towel under the strings on the acoustic.

No annoying hum at all, but I did just have all my outlets grounded and updated in the house. Oh and I did eventually put the strap button on in the correct place, on the side of the horn gretsch style.

I must say that I felt that PSP III started off right when you pulled this guitar out, the night before the event.

...and it ended well for me because I got to play this guitar Saturday night when we jammed at my bud's place.

What a nice guitar, never been a fan of the double cut look but that makes me change my mind! What do you have on that a three way switch? and is that a roller bridge?

The three way is set for B/BMN/N and I must say I like the center position will all three on the best. I'm going to rewire it for B/BN/N on the three way like a standard 15o and then put the middle on a on off push pull. This will give me six sounds/combos B/BM/BMN/BN/MN/N. This is how I have my three pup 150 set up and I really like the combo's Plus it's easy to remember. push pull up = mid on push pull down = mid off the rest is standard 150 style B/BN/N

That guitar looks great. As I'm in looking to add a Gibson or Heritage to my rig soon, I really like how you've described the Lollar Mini's in your 170. Reads like the sound I've been looking for. I've been seriously considering the H-150 at Eddie's. I really like the P90 H150s too, and would be in heaven if there was ever an H157 with P90s.

That guitar looks great. As I'm in looking to add a Gibson or Heritage to my rig soon, I really like how you've described the Lollar Mini's in your 170. Reads like the sound I've been looking for. I've been seriously considering the H-150 at Eddie's. I really like the P90 H150s too, and would be in heaven if there was ever an H157 with P90s.

Umm, I bet if you made old Eddie an offer on that 150 mini-hum, you'd own it soon after. He's dealin' Heritages at the moment. ;)

Yikes but that is just a gorgeous instrument, Lance. Nice attention to detail in spec'ing that one out. One of those hand crafted treasures, fer shure!

Kate built this for me.. I gave her some ideas, she made the decisions.. right down to the custom color, and what type of hardware (including bigsby style). She picked the wood, she choose the shape of the tummy cut and the dish..

What a great Build Chief.. wish she had built all of mine... and Yes she is new guard, second generation, but new guard.. Oh Yea the next generation of Heritage will be SWEET. Kate, Curly, Chris .. they can sure make em..

Archived