Heritage Owners Club

NGD H170

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

This is the first new guitar I have ever purchased, unless you count a cheap Japanese flattop when I was a kid.

7.7 lbs. Medium neck. Low action. Absolutely mint. Seths.

The mahagony is unusual with very pale swirls and patches in it.

Very good feel to it.

post-1723-1284484291_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1284484300_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1284484309_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1284484323_thumb.jpg

Guest mgoetting
That is nice Mark and it looks good with the blocks.

My 150 Goldtop has similar light spots in the mahogany but I have no idea what it is. Long as it sounds great it's all good.

Great score!

The luthier who did the setup commented that it complements the gold top. He has seen this combination done intentionally before.

This is the first new guitar I have ever purchased, unless you count a cheap Japanese flattop when I was a kid.

Very good feel to it.

Wow! Very nice Mark! Let me know if you get tired of it :D

stunning.

7.7 LBS ????

That's got to be a great piece of Hog.

There has been a discussion on TGP concerning the supply of Houdurus Mahagony. I don't know if anyone else here has followed it but my theory is a lot of the olde time vibe comes from Heritage's 60 years of obtaining and selecting this choice timber and knowing how to put it together.

Personal choice but...I would put gold speed liners and switch tips on that 170.

What a fabulous guitar to choose as your first ever brand new instrument, funnily enough, this year I bought my second ever brand new guitar. Anyway, it looks fantastic, and natural wood has that - well, natural look about it. that is a guitar I would love to own.

Gold tops... one of these days...

Guest mgoetting

Surprisingly light.

It has Dunlops 11-50s. I like them.

The guitar sounds very similar to my 157 with Seths, which is a good thing.

Someday I'll A/B them and see if I can hear a difference.

Very good feel to it.

wow .. great score Mark... welcome to the club.. 7.7 lbs with a light back.. is she a LW ... (light weight) you can tell by looking in the control cavity, if it's light weight it will be hollow like a millie. Mine has a super dark back and is solid weighs in at about 10.5 lbs probably the heaviest guitar I own. and it is has a weight relieving tummy cut. psp111017.jpg

congrats and welcome to the club.. just make sure you put the strap button in the correct place.... on the horn gretsch style :D

Guest mgoetting
wow .. great score Mark... welcome to the club.. 7.7 lbs with a light back.. is she a LW ... (light weight) you can tell by looking in the control cavity, if it's light weight it will be hollow like a millie. Mine has a super dark back and is solid weighs in at about 10.5 lbs probably the heaviest guitar I own. and it is has a weight relieving tummy cut. psp111017.jpg

congrats and welcome to the club.. just make sure you put the strap button in the correct place.... on the horn gretsch style :D

Big Bob, something scary happened. I took the plate off. I don't understand! Someone stole the wood.

What's it all mean?

I suspected it was a LW since it's lighter than my 140. The seller never mentioned it was weight relieved.

post-1723-1284512212_thumb.jpg

post-1723-1284512239_thumb.jpg

Big Bob, something scary happened. I took the plate off. I don't understand! Someone stole the wood.

What's it all mean?

I suspected it was a LW since it's lighter than my 140. The seller never mentioned it was weight relieved.

WOW Great score Mark.. I bet she really screams.. just like the Popsicle..

In my book that just makes it an even better buy.. and Son, you already got a Great deal!!!

I cry TONE REPORT!!!!

Guest mgoetting

So what's under the maple cap? Is this guitar like a diminutive Millie DC?

Isn't there a substantial upcharge for a LW? If so, I wonder why I wasn't charged it.

So what's under the maple cap? Is this guitar like a diminutive Millie DC?

Isn't there a substantial upcharge for a LW? If so, I wonder why I wasn't charged it.

Yes very much so.. 300.00 upcharge... I originally ordered mine as a LW because I liked the Popsicle so much. but Kate could not do the triple mini hums and a light weight, so we added a tummy cut and a deep dish carve to relive the weight!!

I love mine, bet yours is equally as good sounding.. my old Popsicle had super duper sustain...

Guest mgoetting
WOW Great score Mark.. I bet she really screams.. just like the Popsicle..

In my book that just makes it an even better buy.. and Son, you already got a Great deal!!!

I cry TONE REPORT!!!!

Acoustically, the body resonates more than it should for a solid body. That was the second clue it was hollow. The first was that it felt like the case was empty when I first lifted it.

I can't give much of an amplified tone report because I'm severely handicapped with a Henriksen. It can only do clean tones. Plus I'm too delirious from the guitar body cavity search to report anything meaningful.

Acoustically, the body resonates more than it should for a solid body. That was the second clue it was hollow. The first was that it felt like the case was empty when I first lifted it.

I can't give much of an amplified tone report because I'm severely handicapped with a Henriksen. It can only do clean tones. Plus I'm too delirious from the guitar body cavity search to report anything meaningful.

Give it some time .. it took me a while to bond with both the Popsicle and the Tomato..(170 three pup).. but once I did ... WOW!!!

Archived