Heritage Owners Club

Is Heritage going out of business?

lowendpurveyor

My point in the "Support Heritage, buy a new guitar!"....

-was first conditioned by saying "I can understand if it is not financially feasible for many of us right now". I feel your pain and understand.

-BUT it was also directed at some hypocrisy implying Heritage "does not caring for their employees" and yet many have no intention of buying a new guitar to support Heritage.

-AND I am not saying that you HAVE to buy a new Heritage (there are many great deals on gently used ones) and you may never want to buy a new one. But then I feel your comments are then diluted to the point of being hypocritical if you are criticizing Heritage's business philosophy, support of the company, and treatment of it's employees.

Just my .02, no harm intended.

Hey Kuz. True. No harm taken. :icon_thumright:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mgoetting

Born and Raised in Michigan. Yes Economy sucks here, but Kalamazoo has always been on the lower end of the economic stick. Since they have little to do with the automotive industry, they survive just fine considering they are a college town with Western Michigan University.

KALA026URN_Max_630_378.png

Rumors Rumors Rumors

All I know.

In the near future I'm placing an order for a custom 170.

Will it have a AA or BB serial no. I don't know. Or maybe AB. Whatever it wil be hand built in the State of Michigan USA.

And it will be gorgeous! And sound even better.

Next, let's discuss raising retirement to age 69, as the deficit control squad in Washington put forth yesterday. Interestingly, steel workers and coal miners may be exempt because of the physicality of their work. How about waitresses though?

oo-oo, temp-ting...temp-ting... :diablo_mini:

back to OP: maybe our ozzie & kiwi buds are enjoying spring fever?

B)

Guest HRB853370

Wow, I think that is assuming a lot. :rolleyes_mini:

1. How do you know that the employees don't know about the extended vacations ahead of time. That they might even WELCOME the breaks.

2. Don't care about customers??? I assume you mean that Heritage is working every second to build a guitar is not loyal to their customers? WELL, the turn around time has been approx. 12-14 weeks for a custom order (yea, I have ordered 4 custom Heritages and that is the time frame). Every order a custom PRS (1 year) or a custom Fender (16 months).....

3. Product demand???? If you are saving on expenses (electricity, salary for workers) then maybe you are saving money in this economy and it might be the prudent thing to take some breaks.

AND for the record, they have done this for 25 years, except they used to have more fishing breaks....

My guess is the Heritage Factory tour bus with all the employees is hitting the last few NASCAR tracks for the CHASE!

Guest HRB853370

My point in the "Support Heritage, buy a new guitar!"....

-was first conditioned by saying "I can understand if it is not financially feasible for many of us right now". I feel your pain and understand.

-BUT it was also directed at some hypocrisy implying Heritage "does not caring for their employees" and yet many have no intention of buying a new guitar to support Heritage.

-AND I am not saying that you HAVE to buy a new Heritage (there are many great deals on gently used ones) and you may never want to buy a new one. But then I feel your comments are then diluted to the point of being hypocritical if you are criticizing Heritage's business philosophy, support of the company, and treatment of it's employees.

Just my .02, no harm intended.

Darn, you must be a Buckeye fan or something!

Rumors Rumors Rumors

All I know.

In the near future I'm placing an order for a custom 170.

Will it have a AA or BB serial no. I don't know. Or maybe AB. Whatever it wil be hand built in the State of Michigan USA.

And it will be gorgeous! And sound even better.

Paul, I think you should make a special request for the serial # on your custom 170; ABB, for your favorite band (Allman Brothers Band, one of my favorites, too.)

Paul, I think you should make a special request for the serial # on your custom 170; ABB, for your favorite band (Allman Brothers Band, one of my favorites, too.)

That's a great idea. It will match my mushroom truss rod cover! :icon_thumleft:

My guess is the Heritage Factory tour bus with all the employees is hitting the last few NASCAR tracks for the CHASE!

Sorry, I don't get it?

Deer hunting helps Michiganders. I have mixed feelings on this.

In the news today is a report that many thousands of accidents occur with deer on Michigan roads every year. The population density is very high in the lower peninsula. Farmers are losing crops.

The State encourages deer hunting within a quota to deal with this. Hunting controls the deer numbers, generates revenue to the State for licenses, and brings out-of-staters in to Michigan to help with the local economies.

The bad news is that you get a certain number of dumbasses drunk with their buddies shooting high powered rifles at cows, squirrels, trains, airplanes, and sounds in the bushes. They often don't have the skill, discipline or moral fiber to turn down a bad shot.

Most hunters, especially bow hunters, are honorable folks who learned hunting over their formative years. They hone their skills and know their weapons like we know our guitars.

Anyway, I thought I would shift the topic slightly to something we can all agree on- killing deer!

Next, let's discuss raising retirement to age 69, as the deficit control squad in Washington put forth yesterday. Interestingly, steel workers and coal miners may be exempt because of the physicality of their work. How about waitresses though?

Well told!

And raising the retirement age to 69 just give me one more reason to stick around a bit longer!

No worries. Every new poster does this. Once you make a thread about headstocks, your initiation will be complete. :D

I love my 555, but man - I wish the head stock was different!!!

On a more serious point, maybe the guys have reached that age when they know they are never going to be wealthy, but they run their business how they want to and are happy that they make a living doing what they want. Although there is certainly no virtue in poverty, money is not the only driving factor for some in this life.

Just spoke with Ren about another issue and I told them about this "Heritage going out of business" thread. He was shocked to say the least, and a bit concerned about any Heritage dealer who would start that type of rumor. He was upset about that type of irresponsible behaviour if it originated from a dealer. This whole thing began with the blown generator and their inability to function for a while, as reported by Dennis Weaver previously. (Thanks for giving us the FACTS, Dennis!)

Now that the generator and all of the associated power issues have now been resolved, the temporarilly laid off employees are starting to come back to work this week!:hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

OK, Bottom line.

I called Heritage this morning at 7:10 AM and spoke with an owner.

Marv is taking vacation deer hunting.

I said is there any truth to a shut down or going out of business.

Answer was "Absolutely No".

I have said my piece on this topic. Support Heritage and buy a new guitar.

Saw your Vintage Wineburst guitar, but the pic does not show if the dark areas, like near the cutaways, are more purplish or brown. If a dark purple, might be tempted to have them refinish my guitar in that color. Thanks.- Chuck

Saw your Vintage Wineburst guitar, but the pic does not show if the dark areas, like near the cutaways, are more purplish or brown. If a dark purple, might be tempted to have them refinish my guitar in that color. Thanks.- Chuck

Here is a better pic of the color. I suggest starting a new thread asking for owners to give you pics of their Vintage Wine Burst guitars (there are more than a couple out there). Mine was one of the first VWB finishes done. I feel their later efforts are better with the transition between colors.

Good luck,

John

Precious.jpg

Archived