Heritage Owners Club

Custom Truss Rod Covers

Thundersteel

A guy in one of the local bands about 15-20 years ago had a custom cover with his name on it, I think it was a les paul, but I could be wrong.  We all made fun of him being such a star and such, he was taking a lot of teasing from some of the locals.  Anyway, after a gig he had a couple of beers at the bar before leaving, and found someone had swiped his guitar.  But after he reported it to the police, they caught the guy trying to pawn it the next week.  They'd let the pawnshops know what was going on and sure enough, the guy tried to pawn it without removing the name.

True story.  We never teased him about it after that...

Another opportunity to spend your cash!

http://www.custominlay.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=136

Thanks Thundersteel. I just ordered three for my Heritages. I wasn't real happy with the one that Heritage did.

The lettering was off center. >:(

• 3 weeks later...
Another opportunity to spend your cash!

http://www.custominlay.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=136

Put my new covers on today. Thanks Steel ;D They did a great job!

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg_thumb

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4427.jpg_thumb

Thanks guys. All those inlays matched my Heritage inlays nicely. God Heritage makes a great guitar!

I am taking turns playing all three tonight. They all sound great ;D

Skydog, I don't see the engraving option on the site for the black truss covers - assume they're the ebony ones - they show the engraving on the abalame and pearl, tho.  Am I looking at the order option wrong? 

Hey, like the new emotcon... Peace, Bro!    :afro:

Skydog, I don't see the engraving option on the site for the black truss covers - assume they're the ebony ones - they show the engraving on the abalame and pearl, tho.  Am I looking at the order option wrong? 

Hey, like the new emotcon... Peace, Bro!     :afro:

Yes they are ebony to match my fingerboards. I had to call them to find that out.

Give them a call. They were real helpful and have different options available that are not

real clear on website. Good luck.

On a kinda paralell subject...

I'm trying to make a custom pick guard....

I bought an old roll of Maple veneer at our local dump (cost a quid or 2 Bucks or...) Anyway. It's got some nice figuring to it so, as it's two thin to use on its own. I've cut and laminated it (four ply) and left it for the glue to dry...

Tomorrow I'll see what turns up...

One minor school boy error though... Because I drew round a plastic pickguard, upside down, This one will be left handed... :rolleyes:

Still... If it works ok... I've got enough wood for at least fifty more !!!

I'll post a pic... If it works out ok :wink:

Archived