Heritage Owners Club

if i were in the market for a new amp...

rjsanders

and didn't have all the great stuff i have or know about it, what would i be looking at?

BC Audio 7 or 8 - made nearby (S.F.)

Red Plate - made in Phoenix, taking over the blues bands around here

Li'l Dawg - made in Sacramento area. friend just got a custom jobbie from this fella & it's a winner

jus' sayin'

B)

Li'l Dawgs are great. I had Jim build me a D-Lux head (5E3) with Mercury Magnetics PT/OT and with some NOS RCA black plates that I had. I had Peter Mather build me some smaller than normal head and speaker cabs (18") that I. put a 25w, non-doped, Weber 12150A in. His quality of build is top notch and when ever I play this amp other player's ask hey what is that (because it's blonde head & cab no suspects a 5E3)?

:-)

i gots a little dawg "mutt" that overdrives very nicely with dual input via an a-b box.

goldie.jpg

next for me is the british-voiced "pug."

eljay

i gots a little dawg "mutt" that overdrives very nicely with dual input via an a-b box.

goldie.jpg

next for me is the british-voiced "pug." li'l dawgs rawk! :occasion14:

eljay

goldie.jpg

next for me is the british-voiced "pug."

eljay

NICE...LOVE that goldtop too..Crank it!! :icon_thumright:

I'd be pleased to own and plug into ANY of the amps made in the original post! :music_mini2:

I'm waiting for my own NAD, it should arrive within the next three weeks...a Dumble-y thang from Ceriatone. :icon_thumright:

Awesome! I'm very interested to hear how that Ceriatone turns out. I've been very tempted as of late to try building myself something of the dumble-y variety :)

Some of my favorites from the LA Amp Show back in October.

65 Amps - The London Pro has me gassin' right now. It does Vox. It does Marshall. It does Mox. It does Varshall. It does all your favorite British invasion tones:

http://www.65amps.com/

Tungesten Amps - The Crema Wheat also has me gassin. It's a Tweed Deluxe on steroids. More clean headroom, and a sweeter breakup than I remember my Clark Beaufort having.

http://www.tungstenamp.com/

Electroplex Amps - These were one of my favorites back in the '90s. His 50 watt, 4x10 just kills! Killer cleans. Killer OD. Just sweet! Glad he's back.

http://electroplex.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Tungsten Amps - The Crema Wheat also has me gassin. It's a Tweed Deluxe on steroids.

+1

There's a great clip of a Tele being played through this amp on YouTube that completely blows me away...

• 2 weeks later...

+1

There's a great clip of a Tele being played through this amp on YouTube that completely blows me away...

Great clip...Love that tele tone and the dude has some nice licks all finger style (no pick) I believe. These amp posts make me realize how little I know about current amps, never heard of most of the ones mentioned on this thread. Any easy way to actually get a little up to speed? Guitar Center comes to mind, not that I relish the thought of sitting there trying out stuff in a busy noisy music store. You tube and internet posts may be the best options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Conrad Amps. couple friends have the Blues Jammer & it's something else. Conrad is Conrad Sundholm, the man behind Sunn Amps. these days he's been making combo amps.

Duff's in Portland is maybe the 2nd or 3rd best place in the world for a blues jam. Phil's using a nothin'-special guitar but always sounds great, IMHO.

Archived